Skip to content

Match day thread: Man City (League Cup)

Comments

• @JohnBoy said:
    Frustrating to see us let a lad run from his own half and curl one in without a challenge. Regardless of opposition, that’s just poor.

Harsh as the team would have been knackered by then.

• Ah well. On the plus side, thought Hanlan was excellent tonight.

• Nothing to be ashamed of tonight at all.

• Bounce back against the Franchise!

• I have a nephew who supports Arsenal and a sister and brother-in-law who are season ticket holders at Carrow Road so our result is fine for me.

• edited September 2021

Echoing all above.... No Shame in that. Hanlan looks like he's going to be a fantastic signing for us

• Shame the late goals made it look worse than it was. Good effort that and every right to feel proud. Also thought Hanlan looked very good

• Ah well. Let's go smash the illegitimate ones at the weekend.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Ugh, Plymouth have just gone top of the league

Back down to 4th. Panic over!

• Can't criticise that at all. Well played lads.

• Oh, and agree with @HolmerBlue, Hanlan looks very promising.

• Football is about those highs, and final score aside, we received an absolutely magical moment, taking the lead at the Etihad against a team containing some of the best players on earth. Wonderful.

Well done to all tonight - no shame in that at all.

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@JohnBoy said:
    Frustrating to see us let a lad run from his own half and curl one in without a challenge. Regardless of opposition, that’s just poor.

Harsh as the team would have been knackered by then.

True, it went as expected tbf, and like I said earlier, fantastic to score the opener. They played like they had an extra man going forward, but with that front line, it’s no surprise.

• A shame to let in 6 perhaps, but that's a world class forward line we were up against. Great that we scored and we were able to rest several key players ahead of big league games coming up.

Good to hear that Hanlan had a promising game.

• Hanlan was great, Stewart was better, everyone got tired. I saw my team lead 1-0 against the PL champions. What more can you ask?

• Stewart is an incredible defender.

• Stewart was magnificent.

• The limbs when that goal went in: perfection.

• @PJS said:
    Hundreds and hundreds of fans queuing to collect tickets - been here 30 mins not even in the main queue - anyone able to make contact with officials?

I asked a steward what was going on. He said 'Wycombe have only sent one member of staff'. (No me neither)

Then asked the police if they could delay kick off as people were getting restless. 'nothing to do with us lad'

Nobody takes responsibility for anything these days.

Other than that respectable performance from Wycombe on and off pitch I thought

• @LX1 said:

@PJS said:
    Hundreds and hundreds of fans queuing to collect tickets - been here 30 mins not even in the main queue - anyone able to make contact with officials?

I asked a steward what was going on. He said 'Wycombe have only sent one member of staff'. (No me neither)

Then asked the police if they could delay kick off as people were getting restless. 'nothing to do with us lad'

Nobody takes responsibility for anything these days.

Other than that respectable performance from Wycombe on and off pitch I thought

Got in the queue around 6.40pm and managed to pick my tickets up 45 mins later. Didn't help only one window was open when we arrived, they opened another and then eventually they had all 3 windows opened. Don't really want to moan tonight but that was poor.

• Something very strange went on there, but like you say not worth moaning about

• edited September 2021

Man City fans being very complimentary on their forum. It is easy to be so when you win like that, but they have been specifically saying fair play to us for being classy and not trying to kick them off the park. I hope a few L1 whiners are listening!

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Ugh, Plymouth have just gone top of the league

"Just as Plymouth fans were singing 'We are top of the league', Raggett slammed home in the fifth minute of time added on after Ellis Harrison had nodded Ryan Curtis' cross across the face of goal."

• Any idea of away fan following ?

• @LX1 said:
    Something very strange went on there, but like you say not worth moaning about

I’m afraid I disagree. I think the club need to undertake an investigation here as a large number of supporters have been let down somewhere along the line. I got there just before 7 and got to my seat as the game kicked off. It’s the 300 or more supporters who were behind me who also arrived a good 30 minutes before kickoff that concern me. None of them got in before kick off, a good number may well have missed our goal. Not good enough after travelling all that way I’m afraid. Many of the fans saying how they had paid for tickets to be posted but then had to collect on arrival. I live in Stockport so only a short journey for me and i got in on kick off - I was fortunate - a very significant number were not.

• @PJS said:

@LX1 said:
    Something very strange went on there, but like you say not worth moaning about

I’m afraid I disagree. I think the club need to undertake an investigation here as a large number of supporters have been let down somewhere along the line. I got there just before 7 and got to my seat as the game kicked off. It’s the 300 or more supporters who were behind me who also arrived a good 30 minutes before kickoff that concern me. None of them got in before kick off, a good number may well have missed our goal. Not good enough after travelling all that way I’m afraid. Many of the fans saying how they had paid for tickets to be posted but then had to collect on arrival. I live in Stockport so only a short journey for me and i got in on kick off - I was fortunate - a very significant number were not.

Sounds from above that City opened a separate away collection point but expected Wycombe to staff it and something got lost in translation/prep. Will be differences in procedures and numbers of staff at this level and I'd imagine City's tickets are probably mostly on email. We still have limited numbers of staff , sounds like there was an issue with commentary tech too, maybe just a bit of an assumption that all powerful city would lay out the red carpet in ways they didn't.

• We were magnificent on the pitch and it was something to be proud of!

We were shambolic off the pitch, 100s of supporters or 20% of us who paid for tickets left outside the ground waiting for tickets.
    Majority having selected those tickets to be posted out to us.
    When we got to the office the tickets were all in envelopes with names on.
    They had 50 stewards doing absolutely nothing, it wouldn’t have taken much to give each steward a letter of the alphabet to hand the tickets out.
    I got in the queue at 1850 and was at
    My seat 19 minutes into the game.
    I’m sorry the Couhigs have got a lot to answer for on this, as in 30 years I have never had an issue.
    Ticketing and getting them is a massive problem currently and lots of people are getting fed up.

• @Commoner said:
    We were magnificent on the pitch and it was something to be proud of!

We were shambolic off the pitch, 100s of supporters or 20% of us who paid for tickets left outside the ground waiting for tickets.
    Majority having selected those tickets to be posted out to us.
    When we got to the office the tickets were all in envelopes with names on.
    They had 50 stewards doing absolutely nothing, it wouldn’t have taken much to give each steward a letter of the alphabet to hand the tickets out.
    I got in the queue at 1850 and was at
    My seat 19 minutes into the game.
    I’m sorry the Couhigs have got a lot to answer for on this, as in 30 years I have never had an issue.
    Ticketing and getting them is a massive problem currently and lots of people are getting fed up.

Was a suggestion on Phil's podcast that Rob is happy to answer questions, would be interested to see if you get a reply to an email. He also said some more staff are due to start new company secretary etc, hopefully that would help communication with other clubs. In their defence they have swapped the entire ticketing system twice already with all the teething issues that can cause and having been involved in tech rollouts with assurances from sales twunts that can be extremely frustrating.
    It's clear though that lots of people had issues last night and with recent games, on sales are late causing postal issues, people aren't clear wether their tickets are coming by post regardless of what they chose online or are told over the phone, info is reactive in replies to rants rather than proactively available and onsite pressence at AP for sorting stuff in person is much reduced and not clear either. One for the trust to get involved in asking questions about really, need to show they are willing to represent.