Skip to content

Match day thread: Man City (League Cup)

Comments

• Currently scouring the Internet and apps to see if I can stream it... I've got a couple of options that say they are showing it. Hope it's not a big let down at kick off !

• Scary forward line from city to be fair

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I reckon KDB, Mahrez, Foden and Torres will all start. None of them started v Southampton.

Called it! Those four plus Sterling.

• De Bruyne, Sterling, Mahrez, Foden and Torres. DOL.

• It’s going to be a great experience, and who can begrudge our players that after last season. And if we can get the ball into the final third and pick on their kids, who knows.

• I just want a Bayo goal

• As long as we sew extra pockets on Anthony Stewart's shorts, we should be fine.

• Hopefully the faithful away fans can chant "You're just a crap De Barr" at KDB...

• I'm not going to lie, seeing their forward line my confidence has taken a bit of a knock

• Looks like we’ll have to score a 6th in injury time to win it.

Standard Ainsworth tbh.

• Think bayo / gape is a risk the rest of the team is ok, gaz tends to get things right so let’s see what happens.

• edited September 2021

@OX66 said:
    Think bayo / gape is a risk the rest of the team is ok, gaz tends to get things right so let’s see what happens.

I don't think anything can reasonably be called a risk in a game we're going to get spanked in whatever we do.

• If anyone has found a decent stream I’d be grateful if you could PM me a link please.

• Well we know who @davecz will be blaming for our exit from the Cup.

• I see Scott Carson is on the bench for them - maybe a good omen - he was in goal for Charlton of course when we beat them in the QF back in 2006. The last time we beat a Premier Club perhaps?

• If you add up the squad numbers of their back four it comes to 326. That is insane.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    If you add up the squad numbers of their back four it comes to 326. That is insane.

One of their U21s is 97

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@MindlessDrugHoover said:
    If you add up the squad numbers of their back four it comes to 326. That is insane.

One of their U21s is 97

And some people think Bayo is getting too old.

• I feel disappointed for Gmac.

If anyone’s performances since the start of the season have merited a run out against Man City, it’s him.

I get his age and the league is most important, but I think he has deserved the start

• @TheDancingYak said:
    I feel disappointed for Gmac.

If anyone’s performances since the start of the season have merited a run out against Man City, it’s him.

I get his age and the league is most important, but I think he has deserved the start

Don't worry - once Bayo has done bouncing their kids round the park for 70 minutes, Gmac will come on to put them to the sword. It's all in the plan.

• @TheDancingYak said:

I hear you. Player of the Season so far for me. He did not sound overly bothered in the post-Charlton interview, but if anyone deserves it, it is him!

• Hundreds and hundreds of fans queuing to collect tickets - been here 30 mins not even in the main queue - anyone able to make contact with officials?

• @Shev said:

@TheDancingYak said:

I hear you. Player of the Season so far for me. He did not sound overly bothered in the post-Charlton interview, but if anyone deserves it, it is him!

He’s a class act, I’d expect nothing else from him and I wouldn’t expect any unrest to come from it given the ethos of the squad etc.

Let’s hope he’s the one that comes on and scored the 97th minute winner in an 11 goal thriller ?

• Looks like there’s fewer than 20.000 there.

• Apparently kick-off could be delayed because of fans struggling to get in

• He is a star

• According to ESPN one of their players signed for them at 13 for £175,000. Somethings very wrong with that.

• @HolmerBlue any joy with a stream?