Skip to content

Match day thread: Man City (League Cup)

Comments

• Does anyone know how many we've sold?

• Beautiful.

• Top stuff @BSE

As for the badge, a 9/10 badge absolutely ruined by stuffing it whole inside a roundel, leaving them with a final score of 2/10

• Should be a great evening ahead regardless of what happens!

• Heading off at 12 noon. Hope everyone has a safe journey there and back and you all enjoy a special night.
    COYB!!!!

• And remember kids, if someone posts a link to an illegal stream in here, don't click it unless you trust the username. Every time we have a big game some spammer turns up and posts extremely dodgy malware links.

• I'm going. My head says that anything better than a relentless thumping (say under 5-0) is OK, but it may be hard to maintain that perspective if things go badly wrong early doors.

For example, one of the biggest disappointments with the League Cup game at Stamford Bridge was that we gave away a shite (and entirely avoidable) goal early in the game, and we never really got off the back foot.

Whatever, commitment is the bare minimum, and I literally can't recall the last game I saw where we turned in a half-arsed performance (bad: yes, half-arsed, no) so let's just start with that, and see where it leads.

• I went to see FCSB v Man City for a Champions League qualifier 5 years ago (5-0 city). Aguero scored a hattrick and missed 2 penalties! If it's anything near as exciting as that game we are in for a treat. And we are a much better side than the side formerly known as Steaua Bucharest.

• Looking forward to it. Be the best ground my daughters been and hopefully we score a goal or two.

• I do hope Tjay gets a chance after his efforts to get Wycombe here. But according to the Guardian he's been doing strength rehabilitation training so might not be fully fit.

• Pep calls for more fans then announces he is playing youngsters.

I reckon we have a chance if we don't do the same!

• There's always a chance, but most of their second string or "youngsters" are still world class players.

• edited September 2021

I reckon KDB, Mahrez, Foden and Torres will all start. None of them started v Southampton.

• Have a great night everyone, historic occasion whatever happens

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I reckon KDB, Mahrez, Foden and Torres will all start. None of them started v Southampton.

Even with Chelsea at the weekend and PSG next week?

• Vital to get through the first wave of pressure. Then the first twenty minutes. Then the first half.

We’ll have a right good go at it whatever happens.

• @thecatwwfc said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Even with Chelsea at the weekend and PSG next week?

Pep almost never names an unchanged side, and he can sub three of them off once the game's wrapped up anyway!

• DeBruyne and Foden coming back from injury. 60 mins against what they see as inferior opposition in a relatively unimportant game seems an obvious opportunity to ease them back. Mahrez isn't playing many league games either so may well start to get some game time. I'd be surprised if Torres plays.

• Weather watch...warm and sunny..in Manchester!

Something special must be about to happen

• Does know if pre purchased tickets can be picked up from the Eithad ?

• Yes, from the south stand ticket office 6.15pm onwards

• £5 parking behind the velodrome close to Asda and just outside Etihad.

• @drcongo Perhaps if they had managed to get it inside a bottle instead of a roundel, that would have been art right there.

• Wonder if anyone else who took the sensible decision to stay at home is getting a bit itchy yet. Hope all that go have a great time and it's one of those nights.

• I couldn't go, but I don't really feel like I'm missing out. May never watch football again if we pull off the unthinkable, though.

• Luke Bolton starts for their U21s in the Pepperoni Pot

• Good luck all, safe journey, and bring another big team back to AP in the next round! :smile:

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Wonder if anyone else who took the sensible decision to stay at home is getting a bit itchy yet. Hope all that go have a great time and it's one of those nights.

Yes. I agree, and I really hope so.