Skip to content

Five Goals!

The deity of all footballs has become very fed up with waiting for their efl elfs to sort out Derby County and has decided to come to you for a quick and just resolution.

You have been granted 5 Wycombe goals to cash in, but they can only be scored in the next two games. You can choose who scores them if you wish. You cannot alter the goals scored by the richest club in the world or the franchise because that would be unfair.

I would have a Jacobson hatrick against Man City and a Horgan brace against the other team, but I would be interested to learn how others would distribute this well deserved gift.

Comments

• Bayo hat trick v City.

2 freak Stockdale goals against the Franchise.

• edited September 2021

Great question!

Grimmer and Bayo against City. I am nervous about taking away too many goals from the MK game in case City score five anyway, so I will stick with a respectable two.

McCarthy, Gape and Freeman against MK, because this would mean they are all fit and in some kind of form again (I know the Freeman once especially is a pipe dream). Gape and McCarthy have made the bench recently, but it would be nice to see them back out there.

• Bayo and Thompson against Citeh.
    Thompson (on a roll), Grimmer and Stockdale with long punt which deceives their keeper and makes up for a less than stellar performance last time at the Franchise.

• 96th minute equaliser and 100th minute winner v franchise, Ideally both own goals.

Vokes hattrick against City as the forwards all click in a way they can repeat going forward.

• Don't care about the City game - not sure five would be enough if we were attacking enough in intent to get that many. I'd save all five for the league game. Don't care who gets them except that I'd like Horgan to have at least one to reward his efforts and I'd love it to be a cracker.

• None against City but we get a 0-0 draw to bring them back to AP and then 5 against the franchise with Vokes getting them all.

• All 5 vs Franchise please - two direct corners from JJ and a hat-trick of own goals for Dean Lewington. The last one in off his backside in the 97th minute.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    None against City but we get a 0-0 draw to bring them back to AP and then 5 against the franchise with Vokes getting them all.

This!

• Five against Manchester City please.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    None against City but we get a 0-0 draw to bring them back to AP and then 5 against the franchise with Vokes getting them all.

No such thing as a replay in the League Cup - more Stocko penalty heroics!

• I don't believe we've got a game on Saturday (have we?) so obviously all 5 v City.

All from Bayo, each time from a JJ corner, AA bats off 5 MCFC kids climbing on his back each time. Or maybe 4 from Bayo, and a heroic 5th off the bench from Mr Wycombe in stoppage time.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:

There's never been replays in the league Cup have there?

• Five v City. All from Stockdale

• All five against Franchise...

One confidence booster each for Horgan, Hanlan, Kaikai and Vokes and a first ever Wycombe goal for Grimmer.

• 5 v City

Forfeit the other game

• Five against City.

• @Malone its a fantasy wish so a fantasy replay.

• Three for Vokes and Two for Horgan in the game next Saturday.

• All five against Citeh:

Bayo overhead kick, left foot volley and a header.

Stewart top bin from 40 yards.

Stockdale 98th min header to take it to pens.

• Man City 3-4 Wycombe Wanderers (Horgan 1, 46, 60, 90+4)
    MK Dons 0-1 Wycombe Wanderers (Horgan 90+7)

• The Deity of All Footballs is unimaginally impressed with the wit, depth of knowledge, sense of fair play, sense of humour and community engagement displayed by the posters on the gasroom. They have found it such a pleasant contrast to their epxerience during recent constant visits to efl zone of indecision.

The Deity of All Footballs is now in a magnanimous playfull mood and therefore decided to award a fantasy truckload of crisps to the owner of the post with the most thumbs up.

In spite of previous experience with Derby County, Manchester City and another place, the Deity of all Footballs has decided them that we will not continually vote for our own proposals order to win the crisps, have already bought all the crisps in the world or dump the crisps in the middle of nowhere, but put that the winner would use them wisely.

• Man city 0 Wycombe 0 - (man city forfeit the penalties as most of their team have school in the morning
    MK 0 Wycombe 5 - leaving MK centre forward wishing he was an ex-parrot.

• Surely there is only one correct answer to this. Superficially attractive as Eric’s proposal to forfeit the fixture is, unfortunately the game against the franchise is going to count for league points this season. So five against them please. I still hate them with every fibre of my being.

• Superficially attractive, that's me

• edited September 2021

@Blue_since_1990 said:
    I’ll take that @YorkshireBlue

Horgan= technically gifted player, hard worker, entertainer, selfless player, seems like a decent bloke. Great goal in opening LgeCup game last year and I thought that would be the first of many. I've never seen someone in a Wycombe shirt as 'unlucky' or as hard done by as him. At least 2 or 3 wrong offside calls/goals chalked off at key moments which will have knocked confidence. Nobody deserves a bag full of goals more than him IMHO.

• @OakwoodExile said:
    Surely there is only one correct answer to this. Superficially attractive as Eric’s proposal to forfeit the fixture is, unfortunately the game against the franchise is going to count for league points this season. So five against them please. I still hate them with every fibre of my being.

But we get 45 other league games. Score five tonight and we’ll be talking about it for the rest of our lives!

• Spot on @floyd. Being a football fan is about memories. I remember our heroric 4-3 defeat at Spurs far more than the 1-0 win over Pompey that followed a week later.

• I hope we win every game in every competition we are in. That's the point. Three Cup finals and promotion is the least I expect! :smile:

• So just the four goals at MK coming up, then.