Skip to content

Fan Feedback

Comments

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    What's stopping you from rocking up to the game with a Victoria sponge?

That Gove fella will do anything to save a couple of bob.

• £4 for a Twix and a coke. 100% mark up on the same products down the road at Tesco. I found it a bit steep, so what about the parents bringing two or three kids along? I think the club needs a bit of 'meal-deal' imagination.

• @micra said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

That Gove fella will do anything to save a couple of bob.

Divorcees often stop off at the food bank after a night in the clubs...

• @Malone said:
    How much money do you people have to be lashing out £7 for a burger that you've already heard many, many moans about?

I had obviously read about comments on the burgers in the ground but thought I would sample the product myself. I certainly wish I hadn't, a complete and utter rip off.

I am quite happy to pay £7.00 for a properly cooked and presented burger (or hot dog) but whilst this rubbish is served up I will eat before I get into the ground. When Rob and Missy are next at a game, I would strongly recommend that they try one of these "delicacies"! Whilst improvements to the ground and match day experience are much appreciated, it is a shame that the offerings at the kiosks are now vastly inferior to pre Couhig days. And, as others have said, where are the chips?

@Morris_Ital that was not me, I am one of the peasants who stand on the terrace!

• @ReturnToSenda said:

That guy on the left is my absolute hero, it's enough to make you think about supporting Fulham.

• Looks very civilised to me.

I'm thinking of setting up a half-time book group in the Grumpy Old Man corner of the Valley. But (a) judging by Saturday's deafening half-time forced entertainment my fellow chin-strokers couldn't hear each other pontificate and (b) the partridge poo (yes, it's back and in quantity) will put the chin-strokers off.

A couple of people on here have said recently that they just need a clean piece of concrete to stand on and a game to watch. That might be too much to ask, apparently. But enough fireworks to singe the eyebrows of the Main Stand? No problem.

• The fireworks could have scared the Partridge's off!?

• Nah, cake at the football is the height of 'game's gone'. Can't be tolerating that kind of behaviour. A cheeky packet of biscuits is probably just about passable.

• edited September 2021

Speaking of poo...

It did get cleaned up after that, but what a state they are as a club. As someone points out in the replies, bird droppings aren't just a dirty inconvenience; they're a genuine health hazard.

• If my season ticket was £365 I'd pop down the day before with my own mop and bucket!

• I stand right in the corner at the back of the Valley (so a definite chin stroker). We're not quite in bat guano stakes, but the clumps of bird shit are pretty grim and I'd rather the club invested in a weekly high pressure spray of the terrace than in daylight fireworks, many of which did their thing well above the sight line of anyone other than the Frank Adams Stand brigade.

• A festering dead partridge was the special 'wonder of Wycombe' treat added to the terrace poo piles this week...

Unless it was a parrot. (And maybe it wasn't dead...)

• @LeedsBlue said:
    A festering dead partridge was the special 'wonder of Wycombe' treat added to the terrace poo piles this week...

NorwegianBlue perhaps?

• @MJS said:
    daylight fireworks, many of which did their thing well above the sight line of anyone other than the Frank Adams Stand brigade.

The roof stopped us in the FA stand from seeing most of the higher fireworks. Well, the roof and the fact it was 2:50 on a sunny afternoon!!

• Although I must add that I was pleasantly surprised by the pulled pork burger from the stand next to the beer tent - was very generously filled and tasty

• It was very loud and very, very hot in the Beechdean...so I hope the FA stand stopped what they were doing and watched so that the Tunnocks wafers in my bag were not melted in vain.

• @Wendoverman said:
    It was very loud and very, very hot in the Beechdean...so I hope the FA stand stopped what they were doing and watched so that the Tunnocks wafers in my bag were not melted in vain.

Loved it. Sometimes you got to ignore people who tell you daylight fireworks are pointless. The Howard Jones track was a good touch

• @Right_in_the_Middle I can't say the fireworks did anything for me, but (and I was surprised at my reaction, since I never had any time for him) the Howard Jones was a lot of fun. Maybe not every home game, mind ...

• @mooneyman no peasants in the terrace that’s where I spent many years until my legs demanded a seat. As it was someone else then the club has a problem with cold burgers across the ground.
    On a side note it would be great to meet with some other gasroomers just to put some faces to names I think @Shev is the only one I’ve met

• @LeedsBlue said:
    A festering dead partridge was the special 'wonder of Wycombe' treat added to the terrace poo piles this week...

Was that up the back then?

• @MorrisItal_ said:
    @mooneyman no peasants in the terrace that’s where I spent many years until my legs demanded a seat. As it was someone else then the club has a problem with cold burgers across the ground.
    On a side note it would be great to meet with some other gasroomers just to put some faces to names I think @Shev is the only one I’ve met

Talk about you drawing the short straw! Of all the possibilities...

• @MorrisItal_ said:
    @mooneyman no peasants in the terrace that’s where I spent many years until my legs demanded a seat. As it was someone else then the club has a problem with cold burgers across the ground.

I think of the Gasroom as The Eyes Wide Shut of Wycombe fandom. The mask of anonymity protects the innocent…. and not so innocent.

• @LeedsBlue said:

I think it might have died of fright when the fireworks went off - at least it looked dead when I passed it on the way out too.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Speaking of poo...

It did get cleaned up after that, but what a state they are as a club. As someone points out in the replies, bird droppings aren't just a dirty inconvenience; they're a genuine health hazard.

Clearly don't have the volunteer pool to draw on for cleaning that WWFC do?

• Notts Forest fans are generally a miserable lot!

• Fan Feedback Every time I phone the club I have to wait ages for them to answer sometimes they don't answer. Message To WWFC Please pickup the phone Regards

• I understand a new phone system is already on the way.

• @mooneyman said:
    Notts Forest fans are generally a miserable lot!

Good try

• I think difficulty buying tickets is the most basic feedback I’ve got. I’m a newbie - been going to games for 7 years, season ticket holder for 3, along with two sons (u18s). I also regularly bring mine and my kids friends to games. I know of 5 current season ticket holders who’d never been to a game before we took them. Used to be easy, now it’s almost impossible to do. Long story short I had to buy five tickets (in addition to our 3 season tickets) for the Charlton game because it was my eldest’s birthday and he wanted to bring two mates and be in the “Beechdean”, to collect some autographs. Something we’d managed on occasion in the past, with no fuss. Four phone calls and many emails later the ticket office couldn’t figure it out and 5 new tickets had to be bought. I’m fortunate to be in a position to write that off, for a birthday, but many aren’t, and why should I have to?

• @53cheese said:
    I think difficulty buying tickets is the most basic feedback I’ve got. I’m a newbie - been going to games for 7 years, season ticket holder for 3, along with two sons (u18s). I also regularly bring mine and my kids friends to games. I know of 5 current season ticket holders who’d never been to a game before we took them. Used to be easy, now it’s almost impossible to do. Long story short I had to buy five tickets (in addition to our 3 season tickets) for the Charlton game because it was my eldest’s birthday and he wanted to bring two mates and be in the “Beechdean”, to collect some autographs. Something we’d managed on occasion in the past, with no fuss. Four phone calls and many emails later the ticket office couldn’t figure it out and 5 new tickets had to be bought. I’m fortunate to be in a position to write that off, for a birthday, but many aren’t, and why should I have to?

That's bad.... the club should know about this