Charlton at Our House - Attendance Prediction Match 7 - Sat 18th September

2»

Comments

• 5621 including 1298 Charlton.

• 5,896 including 1,456 Addicks

• 5655 with 1362 away please

• 5800 with 1300 Addicks

• 6189, 1389 addicks

• Preview says you can watch on ifollow...have I missed something?

• 5781 with 1358 Away

• 6254 including 1412 Charlton.

• 5750 with 1400 Addicks

• 5,872 including 1,409 away

• 5898 with 567 travelling from Kent

• edited September 2021

@peterparrotface, do you not mean 1567 from Kent? (They've already sold at least 1200)

• @peterparrotface I wish we played Charlton more often. Every time, I eagerly anticipate the various imaginative directions your subtle(ish) digs are going to come from.

• 5,655 with 1,409 visitors

• 5518 with 1328 arriving later than planned by the old Gary cooper*

(John Wayne replacement service)

• 5,952, with 1312 in the away end.

• Actual was 5832 (1322 from Charlton) - according to Charlton website.

• Results and Shouts Outs:

Most forecasters had a good week. Indeed our average prediction for the total crowd was better than any individual forecaster. Our average from 36 predictions of 5818 just 14 away from the actual crowd of 5832.

Many congratulations to @DJWYC14 who was the closest non algorithim - just 17 away. I also promised a mention for the best prediction made more than 72 hours before kick off. That forecaster was @DJWYC14, I tip my hat to that level of foresight.

The top ten were:
    @DJWYC whose prediction of 5849 was out by 17
    @wwfcblue whose prediction of 5800 was out by 32
    @ForeverBlue whose prediction of 5872 was out by 40
    @thedieharder whose prediction of 5781 was out by 51
    @Will_i_ams whose prediction of 5778 was out by 54
    @YorkExile whose prediction of 5896 was out by 64
    @peterparrotface whose prediction of 5898 was out by 66
    @a40 whose prediction of 5750 was out by 82
    @our_frank whose prediction of 5914 was out by 82
    @Shev whose prediction of 5722 was out by 110

Nine forecasters within a hundred which I guess will make changes to the leaderboard for the season long competition.

The top five for the away crowd:
    @Shev whose prediction of 1322 was spot on
    @DevC whose prediction of 1328 was out by 6
    @BlueBoy whose prediction of 1312 was out by 10
    @mooneyman whose prediction of 1333 was out by 11
    @robin whose prediction of 1310 was out by 12

A very big shout out to @Shev for the first accurate attendance prediction of the season.

Just to note - I didn't take any prediction revisions for this match. Normally they are only accepted if there is a sell out.

• @railwaysteve - my 5858 was only 26 out.

• Revised total pm Wednesday 15 September.

• Sorry @micra - credit is due for making such a good prediction before the Weds cut off - 2nd best prediction of the week indeed.

I missed it because I hadn't entered it on the spreadsheet. That was because of the embargo I put on revisions unless there are special circumstances such as a sell out - when a number of predictions are absolutely known to be wrong.

Trying to be honest the reasons for the embargo are a bit selfish - there is some amount of work involved in changing a prediction and perhaps more importantly, I personally would be tempted to change my prediction right up to the last moment and that would take some of the fun out of it for me.

I can believe that some of the fun for others might be in refining a prediction as the match approaches. If anyone wants to speculate a range early on and simulate debate. Unless there is an outcry I want it to remain that once a prediction is made it normally stays made.

As final point - would people like a link to a rules document?

• I think you should make it that you get one guess and one guess only, no amendments allowed

• @eric_plant said:
    I think you should make it that you get one guess and one guess only, no amendments allowed

Seconded

• Fourthed

• edited September 2021

I was going to say Fifthed...but can I get back to you when I've had another think.

• I shall abide by that. I’ll just delay until nearer matchday. I genuinely didn’t know I couldn’t change my prediction. I thought it was ok provided I didn’t change the away figure.

Written after midnight last night. Clearly lacked the energy to tap ‘post’.

• We won't stand for shithousery in the Gasroom!

• Regarding all the extra work revised predictions cause @railwaysteve ……
    “Time wasting b@$t@rd$, we know what we are”

• edited September 2021

@perfidious_albion said:
    Regarding all the extra work revised predictions cause @railwaysteve ……
    “Time wasting b@$t@rd$, we know what we are”

I usually don't mind this chant - perhaps a justifcation for putting the prices up is that we nearly always enjoy 100 minutes entertainment on the pitch.