Skip to content

Ignore User feature

I've added a feature to allow everyone the ability to ignore a user's posts. In cases where a user is simply annoying to you (though possibly not to everyone else) rather than outright breaking the rules, this is a better solution than simply banning.

To add a user to your own personal ignore list, go to their profile page and click the little dropdown with a person icon on it, then click Ignore.

Comments

• Magnificent work @drcongo

• Nice one drcongo. Already used it on the biggest twat on the forum. Not that it bothers me but will they know i've done it?

• You absolute star @drcongo !

• I've only got @our_frank not on ignore

• Are there plans to publish a league table of the most ignored??

(Post for those who haven't used the button on me already)

• @robin Nope, it's your own personal ignore list. Even the mods can't actually see who is ignoring whom.

• There should be an award at the end of each year for the poster most ignored.

• A monthly 'most ignored' chart would be marvellous. Although I'm keenly aware that many of you won't actually see this message...

• Good stuff drc, makes the time spent on here a far more pleasant experience.

• How about a 'do you really need to start a new thread for this, you egomaniac' feature?

• Have a missed something but are we saying that some are just going to ignore those that they disagree with? For example: I wanted to see the move to Booker go through and I have stated this on many an occasion. I might be a minority (on here) but I don't think that I should be able to be ignored because of opposing views.

Sounds like something the current Labour Leader would be proud of!

Out of principle I will not be ignoring anyone. Let's hope everyone on here affords me the same courtesy.

• Thank you for this feature.

• @FrijidPink I won't be ignoring you.

Why do you think Wycombe Wanderers shouldn't own their own ground then?

• I won't be ignoring anyone who is a WW fan...(because sometimes richmayes and the reactions to him are entertaining) but I accept the right of others to do so...

• @peterparrotface I don't - but I liked the idea of a nice new shinny stadium with state of the art facilities - and technically WWFC do not own their own ground today as it is owned by the FALL.

• @FrijidPink Fair enough.

I think FALL owning the ground is even better than the club owning it personally.

• @FrijidPink I won't be ignoring you using Dr Congo's magic button but it is highly tempting to do so. The suggestion that any poster on an Internet forum has a "right" not to be ignored by any particular reader of that forum is just absurd. What are you going to if I read your name as the poster and decide that you write such obvious drivel that there's no point in me reading further? Logically that's no different from me using Dr Congo's button.

• edited January 2016

Frijid, how did you justify the fact we'd move from ground owners, to ground tenants, rattling round a ground millions of times too big for us, paying rent to play there, and no one confirming we'd get any income from any of the surrounding facilities, unlike we currently do now.

How were we going to actually, you know survive?
    Trimming every cost down to minimal levels, and probably dropping non league?
    Hayes bankrolling us? Maybe it wouldn't have become clear he was "Loaning" us money rather than "giving" it to us "don't worry about the money" by then?
    Suddenly magicing another 10,000 fans, in a "build it and they'll come" style?

Unless you're being wilfully ignorant, clearly FALL owing the ground means we own the asset and can take the facilities use money. Being tenants on something we paid rent on, would guarantee no such thing.

I'm all ears...

• This feature doesn't always work. OK when accessed via desktop, hit and miss with tablet and not at all via mobile phone.

• @woodlands said:
    This feature doesn't always work. OK when accessed via desktop, hit and miss with tablet and not at all via mobile phone.

Works fine on my mobile and desktop.

• Worked fine on my phone, take let and mac. This site has improved no end since I took the advice of @drcongo and @arnos_grove and used it to ignore @richmayes999. Would highly recommend it.

• Brilliant, thanks. I am now Ignoring myself.

• @cretinho Great idea!

• @arnosgrove I have a Samsung does that make a difference. I have also noticed that if my ignore poster starts thread it also appears.

• edited January 2016

Why am i still seeing richmayes999's posts when i've used the ignore feature?

• @woodlands said:
    arnosgrove I have a Samsung does that make a difference. I have also noticed that if my ignore poster starts thread it also appears.

I'm an apple victim so I guess so. If the ignored starts a thread I can see it and their first post, but if I click on it then more fool me!

• Don't you lot have the self discipline to actually ignore someone who annoys you and not respond? Why do you need to automate this? I actually am amused about some of the daft posts and even though it takes all of my Jedi training I manage to stop myself typing responses for the most part.

......except for this post I guess....doh!