Skip to content

Match day thread: Charlton

Comments

• Well for the third consecutive home game 2 out of the 3 of if season ticket holders couldn't get the tickets to download. My wife is very competent in computers being an ex programmer. Even she hates it. Now so peed off with again standing in a Q to sort it out amongst many others. Now got time for one instead of the 2 pints. Going to ask the club to issue 3 plastic tickets as the stress every home game makes the "matchdays experience" a pain rather than pleasure!!???

• Vegan hotdog from the van just inside the gates 10/10

• McLeary is feeling it today!

• Watching Lavelle with interest today

• Not hearing anything on my audio pass. Anyone else with this problem?

• JJ scoring from a corner taken short to him in the box would have been pretty special

• McLeary you beauty!

• The Charlton fans are not happy at all. Booing already.

• Should be further ahead, but absolutely dominating this.

• Thoroughly deserved goal and lead. McCleary not necessarily a 'shit Ivan Toney'

• As ordinary as Charlton are, we have been fantastic. Should win this 3-0+.

• Really strong 45mins. McLeary and Horgan causing Charlton defence all sorts of problems. Stunning goal!

• Charlton look a mess. Hoping we keep up the intensity in the second half. Impressed by Lavelle though I have to say, been their best player

• Obita has been immense today. We look fantastic, this Charlton side are there for the taking.

• We got better and better as the half went on. McCleary fantastic. Wish that Vokes had read the Grimmer header just before half time. Things don't seem to be clicking for Sam at the moment.

• Got to watch for the second half dips we've seen but as people have said very good value for lead , could easily be more.
    Not sure how they ended up where they are in the league, thought they'd got past the dodgy owners and other problems, will hopefully be low on confidence for at least another 45 mins.

• This is easily the worst Nigel Adkins team I can remember seeing. Quite surprised actually.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    This is easily the worst Nigel Adkins team I can remember seeing. Quite surprised actually.

Think we might be seeing more of him on Quest if they don't improve quickly

• This McLeary performance is something else.

• Grimmer could have had two!

• "How shit must you be? It's only 2-0!"

• Far from comfortable ending to the game but a great result

• True Wycombe style ending, but may be more of an indication of just how dominant the front three were before being subbed.

• Could’ve done without that last 10. Could easily have been a completely undeserving 2-2.

• Walked in front of some charlton fans on the way out, ‘sub-standard league one side’ is what we were described as…

Odd take

• Horrible ending but quality for a lot of the rest of the game.
    We seem to have gone a little backwards with how we're using Vokes recently, but countered with how McCleary is playing. Player of the season so far without a doubt.

• Some comedy time wasting from Scowen late on. Walking slowly carrying the ball.

• Bit too over confident at the end. Taking all of our attackers off and expecting to carry on dominating (or not totally go to shit) was an interesting approach.

From about the 10th to the 80th though we were superb. Even if they were awful. McCleary should get 100% of the MoM vote but Taff and Stewart amongst others were very good.

• That was scary at the end... Mcleary and Horgan are wonderful