Skip to content

Match day thread: Charlton

With the mysterious absence of @BSE from the Gasroom team photo this week, we're left wondering whether it's a small knock picked up in training, a loan to Leyton Orient or a "cold".

Comments

• There's rather a lot of ice cream on the cone the guy is holding, it's bound to melt and run down his arm before he eats it all.

• If you look closely, you'll see that the Charlton badge is actually a chicken wearing a bishop's hat. 1/10

• I believe the badge has been around for some time, I seem to remember it featuring in an (incomplete) football badge album I had some 50+ years ago. However it has dated well - it now looks like just the sort of emblem you would find gracing a tribe of 'lawful neutral' online gamers.

• I just had a look at the Charlton forum... they are very negative about today and almost all expect to lose today

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Hopefully history doesn't repeat itself today

Now I understand why the fireworks kicks-off today...

• Don’t forget to pick up your copy of the latest edition of The Wanderer today, which will be on sale from about 1:30 onwards. Enjoy the game!

• M40 pretty clogged btw, obviously still early.

• I love that Wycombe do these weekly Our House videos, so to say well done to the club for doing it.

But have to say I preferred the style they did last season. Not necessarily down to the presenter, as Alicia is just as pleasant as the chap last year, but there seems to be a bit too much footage of training and suchlike padding it out this year. The content last season seemed a bit more filling.

Any thoughts of others?

• @StrongestTeam said:
    M40 pretty clogged btw, obviously still early.

My 40 minute drive is showing as 1 hr 47 mins currently! Doesn’t help that M4 is closed either.

• @Gary said:

@StrongestTeam said:

My 40 minute drive is showing as 1 hr 47 mins currently! Doesn’t help that M4 is closed either.

Get going pal, there's free stuff and fireworks today!

• Wycombe's League record v CAFC:
    P6 W0 D0 L6

Tbh I only remember one game against them. It was around Easter time.

• Never before have we lined up against them with this quality a squad though.
    Time to change that record.

• edited September 2021

The concept of a bogey team is nonsensical - especially when you only play that side every so often. Liverpool used to always come unstuck against Palace but have won eight in a row against them now.

• Coventry are one that stand out. Potentially a worse record than v Charlton?

• edited September 2021

@Malone said:
    Coventry are one that stand out. Potentially a worse record than v Charlton?

D1 L6 in the league, W1 L4 in cups

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:
    Coventry are one that stand out. Potentially a worse record than v Charlton?

D1 L6 in the league, W1 L4 in cups

That is one woeful record.

• @Gary said:

@StrongestTeam said:

Where's the M4 closed guys?

• @NewburyWanderer said:

@Gary said:

@StrongestTeam said:

Langley to Slough I think.

• @NewburyWanderer said:

@Gary said:

@StrongestTeam said:

I think from just after the M25 turnoff going out of Heathtow

• Ive just seen on twitter the club have a new number you can message to report anti social behaviour.... how many times is the drummer going to get reported today !?

• edited September 2021

@HolmerBlue said:
    Ive just seen on twitter the club have a new number you can message to report anti social behaviour.... how many times is the drummer going to get reported today !?

See if he goes first. He chose to go to a Portsmouth game instead of Oxford away last week.

• What a lovely day for football. Sun is shining, spirits high, players returning from injuries (hopefully we will see Macca get some minutes today!)

• Great to see Gape on the bench today.

• Really fancy a sausage roll

• @Malone said:

See if he goes first. He chose to go to a Portsmouth game instead of Oxford away last week.

Definitely here

• Fireworks during broad daylight: shit. Who knew?

• edited September 2021

@53cheese said:

@Malone said:

Definitely here

Paul is also here, although I'm not sure if he has his drum with him.

• Just seen Neil Harris. Who is he with now?