Skip to content

Derby County FFP and the EFL

Comments

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Unless @glasshalffull wants to go full Swann about it in the media, I feel that train has left the station for us and moaning about it now does us no good and looks a tad undignified. We are better off concentrating on ourselves and maintaining convincing League One promotion push while letting Direby's cards fall where they may.

Why should we be dignified about being screwed over by a bunch of piss-takers when we played by the rules?

Do you think five six games in the EFL are going to say...you're right they are crooks and you are hereby re-instated to the Championship? If that happens I'm all for it. If not, for me, it just looks like pointless carping, (As always I understand that other opinions are available!)

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Unless @glasshalffull wants to go full Swann about it in the media, I feel that train has left the station for us and moaning about it now does us no good and looks a tad undignified. We are better off concentrating on ourselves and maintaining convincing League One promotion push while letting Direby's cards fall where they may.

Why should we be dignified about being screwed over by a bunch of piss-takers when we played by the rules?

I say this, but I'm not sure continuing to go on about a genuine injustice (in football circles) is undignified. Anyway... They'll get what's coming to them eventually, one way or another (maybe).

• No, you were right the first time

• It's because people don't have the cojones to say anything that this kind of nonsense continues, given they elected Peter Ridsdale onto the EFL board recently, what do you expect to happen?

• @Wendoverman said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Wendoverman said:

Do you think five six games in the EFL are going to say...you're right they are crooks and you are hereby re-instated to the Championship? If that happens I'm all for it. If not, for me, it just looks like pointless carping, (As always I understand that other opinions are available!)

No - I know there's nothing we can change about our situation - but it should remain front and centre for the good of the game as a whole. We won't be the last victims of a bigger club thinking the rules don't apply to them.

• @Wendoverman said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Wendoverman said:

They might compensate us financially for the enormous hit we have taken directly because of it though

• @Username said:

@Wendoverman said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Wendoverman said:

They might compensate us financially for the enormous hit we have taken directly because of it though

If Rob C does not upset them too much :smile: I would also welcome that outcome!

• I'm with @eric_plant here. The threat to sue Derby felt jarring at the time, and never felt like it would be backed up anyway. As we now can't do anything about it besides accept it or scream about it, I prefer the former - especially as the latter course already failed when there was still actual hope.

• Yesterday's Torygraph ran a story stating there is growing pressure from other Championship clubs on the EFL to hit DCFC with an immediate 9 pt deduction and a further 3pts suspended.
    Whilst I sympathise with their fans something has to be done to punish the corporate management of DCFC...

• @eric_plant said:
    ". We were relegated along with one other team who played by the rules."

Why do you suppose Sheff Weds started the season on -12 points?

Exactly. Us and Rotherham. SW cheated and then got away with half the ban. Why? Cos they asked I guess

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    Yesterday's Torygraph ran a story stating there is growing pressure from other Championship clubs on the EFL to hit DCFC with an immediate 9 pt deduction and a further 3pts suspended.
    Whilst I sympathise with their fans something has to be done to punish the corporate management of DCFC...

Any of our stats or history buffs know if there's a record for how many warnings, actions and suspended sentences a club has had at the same time or the worst run of offences without getting any actual punishment?
    Think the EFL are using the same guys that tally up wether Johnson and co have broken the ministerial code.

• Surely we learnt last year that it’s ok to break rules in a limited and specific way?

• They tried to pay their wages but the bank was closed

• @eric_plant said:
    Because being dignified is better than being undignified?

Said Lord Cardigan.

• Somebody on their forum believes they are being continually 'hounded' by the EFL over a simple 'accounting technicality'.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Somebody on their forum believes they are being continually 'hounded' by the EFL over a simple 'accounting technicality'.

"It's so unfair" - Kevin the teenager, 16, Derby

• @Shev said:
    I'm with @eric_plant here. The threat to sue Derby felt jarring at the time, and never felt like it would be backed up anyway. As we now can't do anything about it besides accept it or scream about it, I prefer the former - especially as the latter course already failed when there was still actual hope.

My thoughts on this matter as well. Doing this lobbying discretely behind the scenes is one thing, though the carping in the press about it does WWFC no favours. At worst it creates an off-the-field distraction that affects on-the-field matters.

• Apart from the (slightly ludicrous) threats around the time of the (even more ludicrous) interchangeable fixture list have we carried on carping about it in the press? Genuine question to which I hope the answer is no

• edited September 2021

@bookertease said:
    Apart from the (slightly ludicrous) threats around the time of the (even more ludicrous) interchangeable fixture list have we carried on carping about it in the press? Genuine question to which I hope the answer is no

Rob mentioned it on the first episode of Our House, but I haven't seen anything more 'out in the open' than that.

• Explaining the latest charge against Derby (not paying transfer fees) she replied ‘so they essentially stole players?’
    Hmm I guess so

• Derby have an inevitable battering from the league coming at some stage, as well as constant negatives coming their way.

Meanwhile, we've made some exciting signings, are on the up, and we have a great season to look forward to.

• I sort of hope they stay up so we can absolutely wallop them next season.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I sort of hope they stay up so we can absolutely wallop them next season.

Oh the sheer joy!!

• edited September 2021

It feels like Derby are heading for a points deduction.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I sort of hope they stay up so we can absolutely wallop them next season.

I hope they get absolutely battered every week and get relegated with lowest points ever

• Derby docked 12 points with three suspended.
    I wonder if Rob will now take this to court

• @wwfcblue said:
    Derby docked 12 points with three suspended.
    I wonder if Rob will now take this to court

I hope he does.

• edited September 2021

Negotiated punishment as if this business could be any more murky.

And other bits not finalized

• How can you have ‘talks’ about your punishment? Madness.