Skip to content

Fan Feedback

Comments

• Amazing to think clubs with a much bigger budget and infrastructure than us having similar problems...

• @FmG said:
    Watford had problems with their electronic gates last weekend too apparently. Sometimes a bit of paper > technology

30,000 bits of paper takes some organising though. Teething issues which we'll be the better for after they are worked through hopefully.

• Here's what you can get for half the price of a Wycombe burger at National League Grimsby:

• Went to the PGA golf at Wentworth last week. A meal deal for a burger, chips and a drink was £14. A coffee was around £3.

All soft drinks including water were in cans. Tbis included the ones available to the players. Must be an attempt at reducing plastic but it did seem strange.

• £3.50 for a whole bath full seems good value.

• Might I ask people how their experience of the beer tent was if they were there yesterday?

• @HCblue said:
    Might I ask people how their experience of the beer tent was if they were there yesterday?

I thought it was good, queues working much better now more tills are open. Though I guess an extra 1000 or 2 would again make it too much to handle. Even noticed a few Charlton fans in there rather then in "their" tent, they seemed happy enough. Why no live music this week ? Was it because Wycombe sound were outside, couldn't hear them in the tent

• I had a cold cheeseburger inside the ground for £7.00. Never again will I be conned into buying this rubbish in the ground. It was fairly poor pre Couhigs, but at least it was usually warm and reasonably priced.

• @HCblue said:
    Might I ask people how their experience of the beer tent was if they were there yesterday?

Was rammed at 2pm. Shrewdies went to the Vere and asked for plastic glasses to take out. Easy to get a drink approaching kick off

• I arrived at 2:45 and got a pint in the tent. No queue at all

• @HolmerBlue said:

@HCblue said:

I thought it was good, queues working much better now more tills are open. Though I guess an extra 1000 or 2 would again make it too much to handle. Even noticed a few Charlton fans in there rather then in "their" tent, they seemed happy enough. Why no live music this week ? Was it because Wycombe sound were outside, couldn't hear them in the tent

No idea about the music. Glad it seemed OK and queues not too much to bear - they looked long enough to me. There are no more tills working than at the start of season but hopefully the system is running a bit more smoothly. Gather it was very busy in the away tent - fewer servers there and, I imagine, plenty of punters wanting serving yesterday.

• @LX1 said:

@HCblue said:

Was rammed at 2pm. Shrewdies went to the Vere and asked for plastic glasses to take out. Easy to get a drink approaching kick off

I gather it was quieter in the Vere, perhaps because of the good weather. The shrewdies were shrewd.

• @eric_plant said:
    I arrived at 2:45 and got a pint in the tent. No queue at all

Good. It started to ease off about 2.30pm, I think.

• @HCblue said:

@LX1 said:

@HCblue said:

I gather it was quieter in the Vere, perhaps because of the good weather. The shrewdies were shrewd.

Yeah definitely the weather. Winter is coming I'm told.

• @HCblue said:

@HolmerBlue said:

@HCblue said:

No idea about the music. Glad it seemed OK and queues not too much to bear - they looked long enough to me. There are no more tills working than at the start of season but hopefully the system is running a bit more smoothly. Gather it was very busy in the away tent - fewer servers there and, I imagine, plenty of punters wanting serving yesterday.

The difference is, more servers than at the start of the season

• Service much improved and servers behind the bar did a really good job in lining up the pints. I was sorry to see that there the real ale situation has gone backwards. At the last home game there was a barrel of real ale in the away tent but not in the home. Yesterday there was none anywhere.

The kiosks in the FA stands do not appear anywhere near as busy as last year but since the prices increased I have stopped buying anything at half time.

The WW village in the car park on a warm day was a pleasant way to spend an hour before the game but I lament the passing of the beer exhibition in the Vere Suite.

• edited September 2021

I miss the beer table in the Vere too. Yesterday I had an excellent vegan hotdog from one of the food trucks, I hope they get invited back because their vegan burgers looked fantastic.

• Seemed to be a lot better yesterday in the tent. Evidence of a bit of thought with queueing position, pre-pouring and a few chaps wandering around in suits directing operations as opposed to lots of kids being left to their own.

• How long does the tent stay busy for after the match? Until about six?

• Anytime after match there isn't much waiting. Certainly by six! I'll go 1715

• There was a really worrying lack of punters at the kiosks during the match yesterday.

As far back as I can remember there were always 2 or 3 people queuing, sometimes a fair few more. There were a lot of people snacking on their own food too which I can’t say I’ve really seen before.

I’m sure the Couhig’s have metrics on sales and associated profits so will make appropriate adjustments. I just hope people don’t get out of the habit in the meantime.

• There looked to be a huge throng of punters who had to sprint back towards the terrace when McCleary scored the first goal.

• @Malone said:
    There looked to be a huge throng of punters who had to sprint back towards the terrace when McCleary scored the first goal.

I was near the away end in the Family Stand so it may have been different elsewhere in the ground.

It’s also possible that the new ordering app has reduced queuing too.

• I nipped to the terrace kiosk when there was that longish injury break in first half - the clash of heads between Grimmer and their chap at the away end. Zero people there. Don't generally go there during the game so nothing to compare with. Will pay more attention to the length of the queue there pre-match and half-time next time.

• @mooneyman said:
    I had a cold cheeseburger inside the ground for £7.00. Never again will I be conned into buying this rubbish in the ground. It was fairly poor pre Couhigs, but at least it was usually warm and reasonably priced.

After we scored our first just before half time I decided to dash down to the kiosk in the FA to buy a tea before the queue got too long.

Decided to give the burger a go at £7. It was well presented and a reasonable size with a decent burger. The difficulty came when I tasted the cheese, now I will eat anything and everything but after two bites I threw it in the bin and walked out the ground to the village to get a hotdog for £6.

I also noticed we no longer serve chips.

• @mooneyman said:
    I had a cold cheeseburger inside the ground for £7.00. Never again will I be conned into buying this rubbish in the ground. It was fairly poor pre Couhigs, but at least it was usually warm and reasonably priced.

I was in the Frank Adams concourse and a guy came up to me and said those very words so you’re not alone unless that was you @mooneyman?

• How much money do you people have to be lashing out £7 for a burger that you've already heard many, many moans about?

• What's stopping you from rocking up to the game with a Victoria sponge?

• Didn't use the beer tent as had to drive to Penzance after (well, during actually as left at 4:25!) the game but had a really lovely Bratwurst from the German Sausage outlet!

• @Malone said:
    There looked to be a huge throng of punters who had to sprint back towards the terrace when McCleary scored the first goal.

I was sat down with a pint in the Vere when the cheer went up!