Skip to content

Man City

Comments

• Seems a nonsensically low figure. Perhaps they can’t afford to pay the hundred or so stewards needed to control the Wycombe firm.

I am on the Manchester City thread, aren’t I or is it Morecambe?

• We're not going to sell all of those

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    We're not going to sell all of those

Of course. Those days have gone.

• For a weekend / FA Cup game, we probably would, but i sense there's not quite the same buzz around this one.

• Too much of a foregone conclusion.

• I don’t think its so much about the foregone conclusion as some of us will hang on to dreaming of Wycombe coming away with another big scalp. The thing putting most people off is the midweek journey I reckon.
    I am going but not everyone is retired and this no need to get up early the morning after.

• From other comments people had made I thought there was going to be a choice of what "level" tickets were on.
    But online, it just seemed to be level 1.

Not worried either way as it's all a lotto without knowing what the views are like but am sure all will be decent.

• We'd sell that out if it was a Saturday with trains coming back afterwards. Look at what we took to Villa and Spurs.

• @OxfordBlue said:
    We'd sell that out if it was a Saturday with trains coming back afterwards. Look at what we took to Villa and Spurs.

Probably, although Villa and Spurs are both a fair bit nearer. The overnight thing puts a fair bit more on the cost.

• Massively different.

180 or so miles away versus half the distance at Villa, and a weekend game 30miles away at Tottenham?!

• However many we take can we ensure that if any kids go someone has explained the relative positions and finances, let's not have crying on the telly if it goes south. Not that it will of course.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    However many we take can we ensure that if any kids go someone has explained the relative positions and finances, let's not have crying on the telly if it goes south. Not that it will of course.

The drummer lad on the back of the BFP after the defeat to Rovers aside, I'm not sure I've ever seen a Wanderers fan in tears at a game.

I'm still a bit disturbed by seeing a girl who must have been 12-14 swearing like mad from the FA stand at Ainsworth, stood next to her dad...but no tears.

• I hope we go full on route one for this game. Lump everything into their box and let them try and deal with Vokes/Bayo/Taffs. I don't think we are going to play them off the park, so maybe an aerial assault is the way to go.

• @Shev said:
    I hope we go full on route one for this game. Lump everything into their box and let them try and deal with Vokes/Bayo/Taffs. I don't think we are going to play them off the park, so maybe an aerial assault is the way to go.

Just hope they underestimate us like Poch did.
    He was outrageously lucky to get away with it that day. That Blackman kick still really rankles all these years on!

• @Shev said:
    I hope we go full on route one for this game. Lump everything into their box and let them try and deal with Vokes/Bayo/Taffs. I don't think we are going to play them off the park, so maybe an aerial assault is the way to go.

It may well be the way. I recall a steward at White Hart Lane shaking his head in bewilderment as Bayo won header after header.

• Can they add European teams to the Carabao? I reckon we could take Barcelona at the moment.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Can they add European teams to the Carabao? I reckon we could take Barcelona at the moment.

Only European ‘B’ teams I think?

• Anyone else having problems with the website now tickets are supposedly on general sale? It says I can still only buy one ticket for my STH account, which doesn't sound like a very general sale.

• Yes, not released for general sale yet it would seem...

• Yeah tried a few times today but keep getting the same red error message.

• They're on general sale now, just got one.

• Sounds like it might have been a timing issue.

On the 14th, when it was 10am for STH to get their 2 extras, it didn't actually allow the 2 extra until about 10 past 10.

• The old mainframe must have had a slow start this morning, it worked as expected at around half 10. So everyone fill your boots and lets get a decent following up to Manchester on Tuesday!

• Their defence looks a bit dodgy...

• Yes, I managed to get in at about 10:40. Two tickets secured to Level 2 as no other area seemed to be available.

• I can't see where to buy tickets for the City game on the website now.

• Back up on sale again now.

• I'm struggling, hard to do it on my phone, plus it just says collect at Adams Park, is this the only option available?

• It is, although I’m presuming uncollected tickets will be available to pick up at Man City.

• No it isn't, there is a post option. The website isn't very clear about this, but if you dig, it is possible.