Skip to content

Will the ticket office cope..

The longer the wait goes on before they can sell tickets, the harder it will be to handle the calls. If we take say 3000 and each person on average has two tickets, that's 1500 calls, averaging 500 calls daily Wed to Friday...maybe some weekend working may be needed!

Comments

• That assumes 100% of people order by telephone though.

• If I order tickets online from the club, can they still be posted out, anyone know...don't have a printer anymore

• I went into Saturday's game behind someone using an eticket.

• I would think it depends on when they finally go on sale, but their usual deal is to send the tickets to the away club for you to collect there, unless stated otherwise.

Only home tickets ever get made as print at home.

• Just seen Newport v Blackburn is BT game - not seen anything on which game the Beeb is showing

• edited January 2016

thats not a replay, and why the hell are they showing that rubbish because it was called off they don't deserve a TV game.

• Newport v blackburn??? What tosh

• Newport v Blackburn is live on S4C according to the FA website:
    http://www.thefa.com/thefacup/fixtures

No news on the replays yet though.

• ticket staff will be fine, as a lot of people will do it online.

The home game was different as there was no online for 3 days, hence them being bombared with 1000s of calls and tonnes of drop ins.

• Would be very interesting though if we did get through. 10 days to sort out tickets for our biggest home game for years. Hmmm. Reckon we should manage to upset everyone if the happens

• I'd imagine they'd just go with the same process as for the Villa game - it worked, despite the odd grumble about people losing 'their' season ticket seat.
    They wouldn't need to hand the main stand side to City and I would think the ticket prices would go up a bit as well.

• Is the game actually all ticket? Surely it wouldn't be a problem to get tickets at Villa Park? It would certainly save a lot of hassle for our office staff, rather than having to try and sell thousands of tickets in just a few days.

• @Wycombe85 said:
    Is the game actually all ticket? Surely it wouldn't be a problem to get tickets at Villa Park? It would certainly save a lot of hassle for our office staff, rather than having to try and sell thousands of tickets in just a few days.

You cannot seriously saying everyone buy on the day??

• Rest assured hey will be planning already for the possibility of playing City. Whatever people think of Andrew Howard he will already have the admin team making contingency plans.

• @wycombelad said:
    You cannot seriously saying everyone buy on the day??

Ah to think back to the glory days when that's exactly what nearly everyone did.

• @arnos_grove said:

Ok your clearly very pedantic. Go for it....lets bring back fences as well?

• @wycombelad said:
    Ok your clearly very pedantic. Go for it....lets bring back fences as well?

Oh dear. Can't see the connection my old fruit.

And as I'm pedantic, it's you're.

• Yes and your soo intelligent my old chap....all hail you...your the exact reason the old gasroom got overran with muppets

• My original question still stands. Why would we not be able to buy on the day? Would I not have been able to buy a ticket at Villa Park for last nights game? It would seem more logical to me than having a mad scramble to buy in advance.

• @wycombelad said:
    Yes and your soo intelligent my old chap....all hail you...your the exact reason the old gasroom got overran with muppets

"You're" so intelligent.

• @drcongo said:

Good job ive got you dr!

• Selling on the day would surely leave the potential for people to travel to Villa Park and not be able to get in?

• @Bledlow_Blue LOL - good joke.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    I've

Hlad ive got youse or i wudnt know what id do without extra helps to use punctuations everywheres. Glads youse habes your educations to highs stanfarfs

• @wycombelad said:
    Yes and your soo intelligent my old chap....all hail you...your the exact reason the old gasroom got overran with muppets

Don't accuse me of pedantry and expect not to get some.