Skip to content

Where’s Bodger?

Comments

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Wigan's mascot is Crusty the Pie, so we wouldn't be the first to have one inspired by an inanimate object...

I think we've had one or two in the team over the years.

• Whatever the next mascot may be, I’d like a double act in the style of Bernie Clifton and his Ostrich. Almost impossible to believe that it is not real.

• @eric_plant said:
    Bit of a tangent this but the Twitter account @mascotsilence which is essentially a series of photos of football mascots during minute's silences never fails to make me laugh

Thank you!

• I understand the next mascot will be a giant burger with a giant £8 pricetag

• With reports of people bringing their own food last night, which I can’t say I’ve ever seen at AP save for parents with the odd snack for their kids, I think the pricing has backfired.

It’s surely prudent for them to offer ST discounts, or reduce the prices to seem less like we are price gouging. Once people get out of the habit of eating at the ground, it’ll be hard to turn around.

• @Mr67 said:
    I understand the next mascot will be a giant burger with a giant £8 pricetag

POTD for me

• https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/19548554.tom-kerridge-hits-back-menu-price-hand-flowers/?ref=wa
    Maybe 'man of the people' Kerridge will have a little steak bistro at the Adams Park village ?
    Seems quite in line with our pricing policy.

• @ChasHarps said:
    https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/19548554.tom-kerridge-hits-back-menu-price-hand-flowers/?ref=wa
    Maybe 'man of the people' Kerridge will have a little steak bistro at the Adams Park village ?
    Seems quite in line with our pricing policy.

Agreed. I used to really like the coach and horses in Marlow back in the day. Not many places you can sit in with takeaway and a pint. Excellent chinese food and beer all reasonably priced. Now at 'The Coach' owned by the aforementioned its £7.50 for some chips.

• After trying his pies at WWFC £4 & £7 respectively, never again, at those prices. The first was barely a mouth & half full. Hardly touched the sides!

• I saw a docco about a hotel, I think it was Claridges, that opened a new restaurant with Mr Kerridge and he demanded as part of the new, exciting, challenging feel of the place, they purchased a load of bizarre, arresting, sculptures crafted by an excellent artist- namely...ahem! - Mrs Kerridge. I did not see the size of the pies.

• edited September 2021

I used to play in the darts team at the Hand & flowers in Marlow when it was a real pub. Breaks my heart to see what it's like today.

• Marlow rapidly turning into a Toff's paradise, full of very expensive bistros and celebs second homes.
    Latest resident Chris Evans regularly refers to it as Marlowfornia.
    Personally can't stand the place with the pompous twats in their mustard cords and jumpers draped over their shoulders.
    If you could guarantee that global warming would submerge the place, I would be out feeding the cows Brussels and baked beans in an attempt to boost the methane that emits from the cattles bottoms.

• Is Burgers still going in Marlow? That was Bucks’ suavest eatery back in the 70s. Closely followed by The Blue Danube on Crendon Street and possibly something called The Golden Egg near Frogmoor.

I liked Kerridge’s pies. Might have been a couple of quid more but the added bonus of being free from beaks and feet.

A spectacularly hopeless and very well paid HR Director where I work in Derby, used to live in Marlow.

I don’t think she ever forgave me after describing the street where she lived as being ‘right near the suspension bridge with its own launch onto the Thames’.

‘I know where you mean, is it the one round the back of the Premier Inn’?

• @ChasHarps said:
    If you could guarantee that global warming would submerge the place, I would be out feeding the cows Brussels and baked beans in an attempt to boost the methane that emits from the cattles bottoms.

I think your downvotes are because cow greenhouse gasses actually come out the other end.

• @ChasHarps said:
    Marlow rapidly turning into a Toff's paradise, full of very expensive bistros and celebs second homes.
    Latest resident Chris Evans regularly refers to it as Marlowfornia.
    Personally can't stand the place with the pompous twats in their mustard cords and jumpers draped over their shoulders.

Marlow has been like that for as long as I can remember.

• Marlow has always been posh, hence the annual regatta don't you know!

• The old Bank of England and Cross keys pubs were far from posh !!
    It's always been a 'stuffy' pretentious little place, but the new money has taken it to new levels !!

• @ChasHarps said:
    The old Bank of England and Cross keys pubs were far from posh !!
    It's always been a 'stuffy' pretentious little place, but the new money has taken it to new levels !!

I take it you're not planning on moving there anytime soon then?

• I visited Marlowfornia for the first time in years as restrictions were being lifted. I walked along the river side from the Queens head in Little Marlow until I arrived in ToffsTown. I made my way to the toilets in Higginson Park had a 'dump', turned round and walked back.
    As I said earlier can't stand the culture less class riddled town.

• “BODGERS ALIVE”

• Has his face changed again? Maybe we don't see him at the ground any more because that will give children nightmares.

• It’s such a poor mascot. Someone’s got to get that chair idea off the ground.

• Why is he flipping off the camera?

• At first glance I thought how small Gareth looked.

• @arnos_grove said:
    It’s such a poor mascot. Someone’s got to get that chair idea off the ground.

Maybe a giant firework?

• Bodger looks like he has been surprised by a firework to his rear

• I think he looks rather "pleased" by it.

• Well they've decapitated him. Which is a start.