Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• Not news, but a shame PCH has not picked up a club. Still only 30 and I would have thought he could do a job at L2 level, at the very least. A victim of smaller squad sizes?

• Scott Donnelly scored a hat-trick for Beaconsfield Town tonight, in their 5-2 FA Cup replay win at Walton & Hersham.

• edited September 2021

Much travelled Chris Zebroski signs for Swindon Supermarine in the Southern League. Here's hoping he's been able to leave his troubles behind him. https://fanbanter.co.uk/swindon-supermarine-sign-jailed-former-efl-striker/

• .I worked with someone who was in the dressing room during the Argyle incident. He sounds like a troubled soul. Hopefully he's getting the help he needs to move on.

• Twat of a bloke

• Goalkeeper Lee Worgan has joined Eastbourne Borough. Two loan appearances for us in 2004.

• @Shev said:
    Not news, but a shame PCH has not picked up a club. Still only 30 and I would have thought he could do a job at L2 level, at the very least. A victim of smaller squad sizes?

I second this. Really enjoyed him being a part of the team, a real shame that it hasn’t worked out for him since leaving us.

• @DPR38 said:

@Shev said:
    Not news, but a shame PCH has not picked up a club. Still only 30 and I would have thought he could do a job at L2 level, at the very least. A victim of smaller squad sizes?

I second this. Really enjoyed him being a part of the team, a real shame that it hasn’t worked out for him since leaving us.

Agree. Played an important part in the progress of Wycombe. Talking of players around that period and Michael Harriman springs to mind. He would have been a very useful player in the current system that Wycombe play.

• Harriman would certainly work...could PCH do a defensive role as a wing-back?

• @Wendoverman said:
    Harriman would certainly work...could PCH do a defensive role as a wing-back?

No

• Just had a flick through Aldershot first few games, so far Giles Phillips has been used as a full back twice, CM once and as a striker for another game… what on earth?!

• @DPR38 said:
    Just had a flick through Aldershot first few games, so far Giles Phillips has been used as a full back twice, CM once and as a striker for another game… what on earth?!

If you're looking at the BBC formations, they'll be completely wrong

• Alex Samuel makes his full debut against Celtic today whilst Scotty Kashket starts for Crewe.

• Giles Phillips scores for Aldershot against Solihull Moors.

• From which of his many positions, I wonder!

• Dan Scarr scores for Plymouth against Sheff Weds.

• Kashket gets an assist on his Crewe debut.

• Samuel subbed at half time for Ross County against Celtic.

• Onyedinma not in the squad for Luton at Ewood Park. One of their many injuries?

• Muskwe ditto.

• @micra said:
    Samuel subbed at half time for Ross County against Celtic.

Yeah, I saw that, can’t be too encouraging for the lad. Mind you, that’s quite the baptism of fire to start v Celtic.

• @PBo said:

@micra said:

Yeah, I saw that, can’t be too encouraging for the lad. Mind you, that’s quite the baptism of fire to start v Celtic.

Was surprised to see him start straight away, especially in that game.

It just seems such an intriguing move all round.
    How much did they know about him and his style of play, was it Samuel's only option etc?
    Just seems an incredible move, 550miles or so.

• @JohnBoy said:
    Kashket gets an assist on his Crewe debut.

He seems to have impressed on his debut with his busyness. Ditching Samuel and Kashket does (largely) leave us walking away from that closing from the front tactic.

• @Malone said:

@PBo said:

@micra said:

How much did they know about him and his style of play, was it Samuel's only option etc?

Played up front by himself. Given the first half stats I’d be surprised if he even touched the ball.

• @floyd said:

@Malone said:

@PBo said:

@micra said:

Played up front by himself. Given the first half stats I’d be surprised if he even touched the ball.

Hopefully he has a bit more fun in their more "normal" games.

• Ross County didn't concede any goals while Alex Samuel was on the pitch.

• Samuel had a diving header which forced a great save, I believe.

• Not sure ever saw a diving header from Alex. Talk about a baptism of fire. Good positives from @Malone & @Uncle_T . I’m sure life will get better for the wee lad. Certainly hope so.

• @Shev said:
    Samuel had a diving header which forced a great save, I believe.

Ross County have two Samuels. Ours went off at half time and the other (Dominic Samuel) came on as a sub in the second half and had the diving header.