Skip to content

Match day thread: Oxford

Comments

• Horrible badge, but in their defence they couldn’t have kept the traditional badge after changing their name. 2/10

• Hope no-one sees red.

• Is that “bull” wearing reading glasses?

• Turn it upside down and it looks like an angry crab / an owl reading the Torah.

• Definitely one for the "Pro Sports Manager" unlicensed games replacement badge genre : Headington Threesiders maybe. Maybe Kassam still owns the proper badge and they don't want to pay to use it.
    Shame really that they have fenced off their terrace , would have been good to watch from there.
    Let's hope the teamsheet looks a bit more standard than last time out. I'd fancy us to win more if a few regulars were back.

• Stockdale, Stewart, Tafazolli, JJ, Obita, McCarthy, Scowen, Thompson, McCleary, Horgan, Vokes. If only........ (wonder how many will just be missing today)

• @ReturnToSenda love the description, the ‘PNL’ nickname is now a bit predictable, perhaps ‘The Angry Crabs’ is a suitably obscure replacement?

• @carrickblue said:
    Is that “bull” wearing reading glasses?

Has a penis on the end of his nose too

• @Quarterman said:
    Stockdale, Stewart, Tafazolli, JJ, Obita, McCarthy, Scowen, Thompson, McCleary, Horgan, Vokes. If only........ (wonder how many will just be missing today)

The cynic in me is wondering which player we’ll find out has a knock at 2pm.

• There's categories aren't there.

McCarthy and Gape feel like they'll be out for ages

Stewart/Taff types seem a more 50-50 where you wouldn't be surprised either way.

• Stockdale
    Mccarthy
    Grimmer
    Stewart
    JJ
    Obita
    Scowen
    Thompson
    Horgan
    McCleary
    Vokes

COYB

• I think it’s more likely to be Stewart, Tafazolli and JJ in the centre with Grimmer or Wheeler at right wingback. Not been anything about Tafazolli being injured again has there? McCarthy back in training, I believe but probably not ready to start yet perhaps.

• Rather late in the day but my son has failed a late fitness test and I thus have a spare ticket. Will bring it to the ground with me when I set off in a few minutes. If anyone has a use for it, put a message here. I will see it when I get there and we can arrange a place to pass it over. Though he's an 18-21 person, the ticket is marked "adult" and thus good for anyone to use.

• Adams Park, presumably @HCblue ?

• Hi HCblue - I’m interested if it’s still available, and can meet you outside the 3 sided theatre of screams at 1430hrs

• @micra said:
    Adams Park, presumably @HCblue ?

That’s not very nice. People do go to Adams Park for the coach. My intention was to be helpful.

• Hope the meet-up works ok.

• edited September 2021

Maybe a debut for Hanlan, who I'd already forgotten we'd signed ?‍♂️

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Turn it upside down and it looks like an angry crab / an owl reading the Torah.

Only on the gasroom would you see the phrase 'an owl reading the torah' lmao!

• @ArnoldLayne said:
    Hi HCblue - I’m interested if it’s still available, and can meet you outside the 3 sided theatre of screams at 1430hrs

I'm with @HCblue he can't seem to access the gasroim atm on his mobile. He's asked if we can meet at the away stand entrance 14.30? He is wearing a I was there when beany scored T shirt and Salmon pink shorts.

• Looks like last season’s 5-3-2 with Grimmer RWB? Good to see McCarthy back on the bench.

• I'm liking the return to two up front - but we're slightly screwed if we lose a CB.

• @Chris said:
    Looks like last season’s 5-3-2 with Grimmer RWB? Good to see McCarthy back on the bench.

3-4-1-2

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I'm liking the return to two up front - but we're slightly screwed if we lose a CB.

Surely bring JMac on and move Grimmer inside?

• Really happy with the line-up, is this the first time this season we e legitimately put out our strongest 11? Come on Wycombe!

• edited September 2021

@JohnBoy said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    I'm liking the return to two up front - but we're slightly screwed if we lose a CB.

Surely bring JMac on and move Grimmer inside?

?‍♂️

• 5-2-3 is my guess. Emphasis on guess

• I wonder if Henry will shoot this afternoon, or attempt another FIFA pass again.