Skip to content

Man City

Comments

• On the subject of things to do in Manchester, for anyone feeling a little nostalgic, the centre circle can still be found down Maine Road. It’s now a housing estate but good to see they’ve still kept a small reminder of what used to be there.

https://goo.gl/maps/ZcJb7wuJjwQBDwxf9 for the exact location.

• If you like vegetarian Indian street food, Bundobust in Piccadilly Gardens is great.

• Wycombe Wanderers Disabled Supporters Association (DSA), in conjunction with WW Trust and OWWSA, are running a specially adapted wheelchair friendly coach to Manchester City on 21st September. Cost in the region of £31 (£5 reduction for OWWSA members). Supporters with any kind of disability, together with carers / friends, are welcome. Contact [email protected] for more information.

• @PeterLerner said:
    Wycombe Wanderers Disabled Supporters Association (DSA), in conjunction with WW Trust and OWWSA, are running a specially adapted wheelchair friendly coach to Manchester City on 21st September. Cost in the region of £31 (£5 reduction for OWWSA members). Supporters with any kind of disability, together with carers / friends, are welcome. Contact [email protected] for more information.

Great idea, hopefully the coach is full. I'm in 2 minds to take my son who's disabled, he's 2 next month, luckily I only live about half an hour away from Manchester so will see closer to the game.

Be nice to do a little crowd funding page or something to cover the costs for the fans and carers who would like to go. Be a great day out for everyone.

• That's a great initiative, credit to you and those involved who have made this possible @PeterLerner.
    I've arranged my late summer holiday to be in the Peak District so only a short hop to Manchester.

• Hope you and your son can make it @ryan_w_kirkby. I'm hoping to contact the Man. City DSA so that our group can chat to theirs before the match. Would be good if you and your son could join us. And thanks for your nice comment, @Twizz. Rena at OWWSA and Steve Copp at WWFC deserve credit for this.

• Agreed, really good ticket prices.

• That should make finding an illegal stream much easier.

• @drcongo said:
    That should make finding an illegal stream much easier.

Or just steal the commemorative DVD when they arrive in the club shop

• What's a DVD?

• As far as I can tell the 'levels' of ticket run right to left and not level 1 = lower tier: https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/siteassets/pdfs/etihad-stadium-map.pdf

This seems absolutely bizarre. You could be the first person to buy a ticket and end up in the upper tier. Possibly right on the back row too (although I doubt that matters as I imagine there will be plenty of room to move around).

Also, the prices are very reasonable but why is the middle slightly more expensive? Unless that's the middle tier and stadium plan is just a muddle...

Any ideas?

I know it is exactly what the club don't want but I'm inclined to wait and just book at AP or over the phone to try and get some clarity.

• If you look at the block numbers (113, 213, 313), it says L1, L2 and L3 in smaller text which implies that they are the tiers. It is confusing though as it suggests it's left to right as well

• @jc2000 said:
    If you look at the block numbers (113, 213, 313), it says L1, L2 and L3 in smaller text which implies that they are the tiers. It is confusing though as it suggests it's left to right as well

Hmmmm...you’re right. So perhaps it is the tiers. Although that doesn’t explain the L3-L1 running right to left as well. Maybe those are the gates for each level? Although why not just gives each gate an alphabetical letter like the rest of the stadium?

• edited September 2021

Just noticed that the already low prices are cheaper for season ticket holders?!

Are we going to make any money from this game!?

(disclaimer, yes it's nice to pay such low prices etc etc)

• Do you support Manchester United @Malone?

• @LX1 said:
    Do you support Manchester United @Malone?

Some were quoting us as earning £1m from this game, based on some mad calculation of 50,000 at £40

Instead it will probably be about 20,000 at £12.50 average.

Just a shame in a way.

Although I think we can spring an upset when Pep inevitably underestimates us, like Poch did.

• Is that a yes or a no?

• Maybe a maybe?

• I've got two tickets to Iron Maiden baby

• Just a Burnage dirtbag, baby.

• I had planned on buying L2 but seeing as you can’t pick your seat, I decided to just get a L1 ticket instead. Can’t complain for a tenner.

• I think the "outer" label relates to entrance.

Look at hospitality entrance U on left of page

• @Gary said:
    I had planned on buying L2 but seeing as you can’t pick your seat, I decided to just get a L1 ticket instead. Can’t complain for a tenner.

Think Pompey, Wigan and Soonderland have had a go at buying L1...

• Anyone having problems booking tickets this morning? The system tells me I can book two more tickets, and then when I try to it tells me I've already been assigned a ticket?

• @bicester_blue said:
    Anyone having problems booking tickets this morning? The system tells me I can book two more tickets, and then when I try to it tells me I've already been assigned a ticket?

Think you need to assign different email addresses to the other 2 even though they're in your bubble.

• Thanks for the suggestion - Just spoke to the ticket office and it sounds as though there are system problems

• Booked up fine once I'd set a pal up in the bubble.

Still a bit surprised that they've reduced the already generous ticket price down by £2.50 for season ticket holders, but will take it!

• Just re-read the article online as I waiting for general sale to get some tickets together with some non STH. It states this:

"Chairboys have been given a **maximum allocation ** of 3,105 seats across three levels of the South Stand. "

Do you think that is to sell at our end and no tickets available on the day? Or once they are gone they are gone?