Skip to content

Oxford Forum looking forward to Saturday!

Really enjoying reading the Oxford forum. They are expecting long ball Wycombe, anti football and are terrified of us at set pieces. When we win playing quick, incisive football on the floor they are going to be very suprised!
https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/11-9-2021-l1-oufc-v-wycombe-wanderers.6310/page-4#post-444974

Comments

• Great to see the usual suspect on there using the word g**o to insult Ainsworth as he always does. Pig-ignorant mouth-breather.

• I so want to beat them again but this time at their place where our recent record is terrible

• As long as we don't fall into their dirty tricks this time, and have a player sent off 20mins in, ruining the game.

• Some real racist comments on that thread, shame really because most Oxford fans are decent people, if a little deluded about where they belong.
    I am amazed they all seem so scared of us, you know little old Wycombe.
    It seems the easiest way to beat them is to play long ball. We certainly have that in our locker but also have a Plan B + C.
    We already have an injury/suspension list as long as your arm so it will be interesting to see what formation and team Gareth starts with.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Great to see the usual suspect on there using the word g**o to insult Ainsworth as he always does. Pig-ignorant mouth-breather.

Was it ketchup boy? He has form for that.

• Having the misfortune to live amongst the muppets I just hope we put out our strongest side of the season. Maybe the anti football shite they spout at us can finally end. Yes we are strong at set pieces but we have a more attacking football style we are due to give someone a drubbing let’s hope it’s them. Chatting to an oxford fan the other day not confident they will be up there at the end of the season.

• @drcongo said:

@MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Great to see the usual suspect on there using the word g**o to insult Ainsworth as he always does. Pig-ignorant mouth-breather.

The perp (as Judge Dredd would say) is called Sarge on that forum. Some people here might vaguely remember him as the guy who used to put gigs on at the White Horse back in the late 90s.

Thankfully more decent-minded Oxford fans have called out his racist comments.

• They seem to have a lot of good players who implode when they have control of the game. I'm hoping for a win.

• Looks like McCarthy and Gape are back in full training

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:

@drcongo said:

The perp (as Judge Dredd would say) is called Sarge on that forum. Some people here might vaguely remember him as the guy who used to put gigs on at the White Horse back in the late 90s.

Thankfully more decent-minded Oxford fans have called out his racist comments.

Does that nickname link to his surname?

I only ask as I used to play in some shocking pub team with some old bloke called "Sarge" in the lineup.
    It felt outrageously embarrassing calling someone that, until realising it was basically his surname.

• Is Anthony Stewart back in full training?

• @drcongo said:

• I love how Oxford had that long pre-season thread about how they don't care about us at all, with no corresponding thread on here about them.

• @Shev there’s no rivalry between Wycombe and Oxford United so can’t imagine they’d be mentioned on here unless there’s a game

• Have they completed the building on their stadium yet?

• @Ed_ said:
    Have they completed the building on their stadium yet?

You mean has Kassam built an extra stand for his tenants. Never likely to happen. They are stuck at the Kassam paying a million a season and have no cut of match day catering.

They are losing 5 million a season without player sales. Even with the sale of Dickie for 2.25 million last season they are still likely to lose 2 million in season 20/21.

• “Big Ron” oxford forum
    “Yup, that made me wince as well. Every time that clip of Akinfenwa of kneeling down and praying comes up on Sky (and it is shown regularly) a little bit of me dies inside!”

Sounds like a request to me

• If that club was a horse it would have been shot long ago.

• I hope we will be able to sing, "Come and Join Us, Come and Join Us, Come and Join our Happy Throng!"

• I often think of that chap who said 'Oxford United are as big as Derby,'lets hope so.

• I’m sure the chant “Championship football - you’ll never know that” will get an early airing tomorrow.

• I’ve also always enjoyed the delicious ‘dreaming spires’ irony of “Oxford’s a $#*t hole, I wanna go home”

• @perfidious_albion said:
    I’ve also always enjoyed the delicious ‘dreaming spires’ irony of “Oxford’s a $#*t hole, I wanna go home”

The biggest irony is that their ground only has 3 sides, in a city famous for its quads!

• @wwfcblue said:

They are stuck at the Kassam paying a million a season and have no cut of match day catering.

They now have catering rights: https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2021/august/oxford-united-catering-rights/

• If they start going home early, we can sing, "You can watch from the car park, you can watch from the car park."

• edited September 2021

@peterparrotface said:
    @Shev there’s no rivalry between Wycombe and Oxford United so can’t imagine they’d be mentioned on here unless there’s a game

You repeatedly write things like this for Oxford, Peterborough and Sunderland.

Surely you get that rivalries can change and develop over the years?

We're not forever stuck with Slough or Col U as being our only rivals you know.

• Oxford is genuinely a lovely and interesting city. It's a shame ground is where it is

• @LX1 said:
    Oxford is genuinely a lovely and interesting city. It's a shame ground is where it is

That lovely bit is only because they ghettoised the working classes - https://libcom.org/library/oxfords-class-war-blackbird-leys-riots-early-90s

I remember getting caught up in the middle of a minor riot with people from the Blackbird Leys estate after going to see The Damned at Oxford Apollo in 86. Got a bit of a pasting.

• @Malone said:

@peterparrotface said:
    @Shev there’s no rivalry between Wycombe and Oxford United so can’t imagine they’d be mentioned on here unless there’s a game

You repeatedly write things like this for Oxford, Peterborough and Sunderland.

Surely you get that rivalries can change and develop over the years?

We're not forever stuck with Slough or Col U as being our only rivals you know.

That told me

• @railwaysteve said:
    If they start going home early, we can sing, "You can watch from the car park, you can watch from the car park."

"They go ten pin bowling before the game" is one that I've always enjoyed at the stade de three stands.