Skip to content

Different Ways of Promoting Equality

Comments

• Giving it the nod will take on a whole new meaning.

• Have you paid for that. Yes I’ve given it the nod.

• Perhaps we should get back to the inequalities debate @Wendoverman .

• @Wendoverman said:
    I've heard that soon we will only have a small plastic bank card to pay for things.
    Sewn into our foreheads.

No, you'll use your phone, which will be a small chip sewn into your forehead

• @StrongestTeam said:

@Wendoverman said:
    I've heard that soon we will only have a small plastic bank card to pay for things.
    Sewn into our foreheads.

No, you'll use your phone, which will be a small chip sewn into your forehead

Still no sign of my jet pack though...

• @glasshalffull said:
    I am not clever enough to take part in this intellectual debate except to say that I’m disgusted by anyone who judges a person by the colour of their skin.

Don’t worry. With one or two honourable exceptions most of the rest of us aren’t clever enough either but that never stops us. (And exactly for the final part)

• @micra said:

@mooneyman said:
    Indicates you lived in an affluent area @micra. I think the correct term was "bent as a nine bob note".

Certainly didn’t @mooneyman. Poplar Road estate, row upon row of inter-war semis. It would have been nine bob of course. I just couldn’t believe/remember, if truth be known, that there were ever notes for the equivalent of a 50p piece!

Bloody eejit - it was the Poplar Grove estate. As if anyone could give a Wotsit.

• edited September 2021

England players making the racists look like absolute turnips in Hungary tonight. Lovely stuff.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    England players making the racists look like absolute turnips in Hungary tonight. Lovely stuff.

Surely we on the Gasroom have learned by now that without knowing each individual's motivations for booing, throwing things at black players and making monkey noises it is lazy to just call them racists.

• @Wendoverman said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Surely we on the Gasroom have learned by now that without knowing each individual's motivations for booing, throwing things at black players and making monkey noises it is lazy to just call them racists.

Big post

• @Malone said:

@Wendoverman said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Big post

I'm just bravely following the lead of a major political force... Laurence Fox

• I thought Millwall had resolved this (at home at lease) when after the initial taking of the knee was booed they started a similar anti-racism action totally unconnected to Black Lives Matter or taking the knee and all the booing stopped.

I'd say because of this BLM nonsense (which is undeniably linked to the original far left organisation and the pulling down of statues etc) race relations are at the worst they've been in this country for decades with even people mildly liberal (if anything) starting to comment on organisations like the BBC and other lefty organisations obsession with race. And why something so cringeworthy as 'taking the knee' - it instantly makes the 95% of white people who haven't been racists say " yes I'm very sorry for something I didn't do".

All the hard work done by the original immigrants who got on with their lives and made something of themselves is being undone by those who make race a part of everything. i've heard some full on PC type at work try to bring up BLM with a 60 something black woman at work and you could tell she was completely embarrassed probably because it instantly made her feel 'different' - the other (white) perspn wouldn't leave it alone though. It was embarrassing sitting across the desk as it happened.

The longer the msm go on about something the worse the problem will get and I obviously have no proof but there'll obviously be some controversionalists who would have never have thought of race as something to get involved in but now do just to piss off the (white) liberal lefty types who constantly bring it up.

I remember the real racism (rom the Chelsea and Leeds) fans mostly who used to follow England back in the 1980s but even then they were your full on NF/BM types not the average fan - and to those it remained restricted now though we've stirred up a hornets nest which I can't see how it will ever be silenced and which aotomatically makes many black football fans seem 'other; when all they want to do is watch the football

I know something since the BLM gained prominence instances of real racism seemed to have snowballed just when, in this country at least it was ceasing to be an issue (where the afro-caribbean community was concerned) anyway.

• You get some poor posts on here but that's right up there with the worst ever

• edited September 2021

Woeful post.

Why is it people who use "msm" often come up with this sort of stuff?

• @BuryExileWasRochdale said:
    I thought Millwall had resolved this (at home at lease) when after the initial taking of the knee was booed they started a similar anti-racism action totally unconnected to Black Lives Matter or taking the knee and all the booing stopped.

I'd say because of this BLM nonsense (which is undeniably linked to the original far left organisation and the pulling down of statues etc) race relations are at the worst they've been in this country for decades with even people mildly liberal (if anything) starting to comment on organisations like the BBC and other lefty organisations obsession with race. And why something so cringeworthy as 'taking the knee' - it instantly makes the 95% of white people who haven't been racists say " yes I'm very sorry for something I didn't do".

All the hard work done by the original immigrants who got on with their lives and made something of themselves is being undone by those who make race a part of everything. i've heard some full on PC type at work try to bring up BLM with a 60 something black woman at work and you could tell she was completely embarrassed probably because it instantly made her feel 'different' - the other (white) perspn wouldn't leave it alone though. It was embarrassing sitting across the desk as it happened.

The longer the msm go on about something the worse the problem will get and I obviously have no proof but there'll obviously be some controversionalists who would have never have thought of race as something to get involved in but now do just to piss off the (white) liberal lefty types who constantly bring it up.

I remember the real racism (rom the Chelsea and Leeds) fans mostly who used to follow England back in the 1980s but even then they were your full on NF/BM types not the average fan - and to those it remained restricted now though we've stirred up a hornets nest which I can't see how it will ever be silenced and which aotomatically makes many black football fans seem 'other; when all they want to do is watch the football

I know something since the BLM gained prominence instances of real racism seemed to have snowballed just when, in this country at least it was ceasing to be an issue (where the afro-caribbean community was concerned) anyway.

My word, what a load of absolute bollocks.

• @Malone said:
    Woeful post.

Same people who think the media have a duty to spread good vibes and not report objectively (I'm thinking mainly in relation to the pandemic).

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:
    Woeful post.

Same people who think the media have a duty to spread good vibes and not report objectively (I'm thinking mainly in relation to the pandemic).

The types who disbelieve the "msm", but then link to some obscure whacko, or the more well known, but equally unhinged Icke and the like.

• I think you’re all missing the point. This is an exquisitely crafted parody of the kind of shitwit you’d usually see shouting “show us your tits” or “go back to where you came from” out the window of his van but is now furious at the world because the BBC says that’s now unacceptable.

• I haven’t watched it, but I imagine that’s what Dan Wootton’s show is like on GB News.

• Someone has followed the online racist's bingo card and spat it out in one post.

Fancy a pint when we play City next week or whenever we have any of the Manchester sides @BuryExileWasRochdale ? Genuinely intrigued if you're actually how I picture you, denser than lead. If you're hanging your hat on Millwall being the bastions of racial equality and that they have "resolved" anything around it, then I'm shocked you're able to dress yourself in the morning. Just look on their forum that's publicly viewable.

• I would say I found that all quite shocking...but sadly I don't.

• @Username said:
    Someone has followed the online racist's bingo card and spat it out in one post.

Fancy a pint when we play City next week or whenever we have any of the Manchester sides @BuryExileWasRochdale ? Genuinely intrigued if you're actually how I picture you, denser than lead. If you're hanging your hat on Millwall being the bastions of racial equality and that they have "resolved" anything around it, then I'm shocked you're able to dress yourself in the morning. Just look on their forum that's publicly viewable.

I had a quick look at one of their forums and stumbled across a thread called "standards", which talked a good game.

Says they have a hidden members forum though. Bet that's a right cess pool.

• Depressingly, I did genuinely think that was a Wendoverman-style parody post, even two paragraphs in.

• I'm going to attempt to stay away from this thread as much as possible and not to engage any further but I cannot see this tumult of smug dismissal from the earlier post without registering that there is at least one person who sees something to discuss reasonably (in another time and place, not online and not here) in the post being criticised.

• It's so difficult being an anti anti racist these days without people thinking you might be racist. People have their hands in the air and a knee on the ground for about 5 seconds and it really makes those of us who want it to all be about me me me and who can't show basic respect for their own players really conflicted.

• Any post that suggests that racism was "ceasing to be an issue" in the last line, doesn't really need any further discussion in fairness!

• @Malone said:
    Any post that suggests that racism was "ceasing to be an issue" in the last line, doesn't really need any further discussion in fairness!

Mention Grenfell, Windrush, Settled EU citizens or any of the really obvious issues though and you're conflating issues in a way that obviously doesn't apply when relating taking the knee to random documents of officials that have linked themselves to BLM.

• Absolutely incredible to think you can start a long post with "I thought Millwall had resolved this" and yet get progressively worse as you go on

• @BuryExileWasRochdale said:
    A load of complete and utter bollocks

@ReturnToSenda That's how to use the quote function