Skip to content

Man City away ticket details announced

Seeing as Man City are unlikely to sell even half of the capacity to their own fans, why such a meagre allocation?
Also I am not a fan of this new trend of WWFC only allowing season ticket holders to buy tickets initially, stopping them from buying tickets for non-STHs that they want to sit with. Surely this is a recipe for people who want to sit together ignoring the allocated seat on the ticket and causing unnecessary bother.
Rant over, hopefully commonsense will prevail on both points for what will be could be a huge evening in our club's history.

Comments

• @ReadingMarginalista said:

Seeing as Man City are unlikely to sell even half of the capacity to their own fans, why such a meagre allocation?
    Also I am not a fan of this new trend of WWFC only allowing season ticket holders to buy tickets initially, stopping them from buying tickets for non-STHs that they want to sit with. Surely this is a recipe for people who want to sit together ignoring the allocated seat on the ticket and causing unnecessary bother.
    Rant over, hopefully commonsense will prevail on both points for what will be could be a huge evening in our club's history.

It's only meagre if we actually sell it and they refuse us more. They won't print 10,000 if they don't think we'll take them. Midweek and short notice it'll be pretty costly for many. Not sure how many can be expected.

• Is it a new trend? I seem to remember it being like that for Spurs away.

• Something close to the 4,000+ we took to Villa Park for the FA Cup 3rd round replay, which was at far shorter notice, should be possible. If the expected number travelling up are low, then why the heavy-handed restriction of buying tickets for non-STHs you want to watch the game with.

• You can see it from the club's side surely?
    The moans they'd get from season ticket holders if there wasn't a very clear tiering system would be higher than moans this way.

Yes in this example it's unlikely there is any ticket shortage either way, but what's the level to bin the season ticket holder's first dibs? 3k, 2k, 1k?

• Wasn't the Spurs FA Cup game the one that spawned the Gasroom tradition of parodying which window you can buy your ticket in, on which day and while wearing what hat?

• No problem with STH priority, but one per person is a bit silly.

• @floyd said:
    No problem with STH priority, but one per person is a bit silly.

yes, for Spurs as I needed two had to wait with bated breath for general sale. My ST hat did not provide me with any advantage.

• Bit baffled at restricting it to ST holders only. We have been allocated far more tickets than we have season ticket holders. We could ring-fence some for season ticket holders and put the rest on general sale now.

• I suspect it’s just to try and drive a few more season ticket sales. They’ve banged on about how the only way to watch this game is in the stadium, and now by saying that ST holders get priority, maybe they are hoping to get some more sign ups to the amazing subscription service.

They keep posting tweets about it so clearly haven’t given up on getting a few more sales.

• Happy with the prices. £12.50 for adults and £5 for u18s.

• I don't understand the logic behind grouping tiers 1 and 3 together. If you want to get as close to the pitch as possible, you have to risk potentially ending up in row Z?

• Admittedly you don't normally get a choice, so that's something at least!

• At least if you go for tier 2 you will be confident that you are not up in the gods.

• @Malone said:
    You can see it from the club's side surely?
    The moans they'd get from season ticket holders if there wasn't a very clear tiering system would be higher than moans this way.

Yes in this example it's unlikely there is any ticket shortage either way, but what's the level to bin the season ticket holder's first dibs? 3k, 2k, 1k?

If I was trying to make having a ST as attractive as possible, I would want to offer the opportunity to buy at least one additional ticket that could be given to a non-STH. Just buying a ticket for yourself and segregating STHs and non-STHs in your group (especially for a game that non-regulars might make an extra effort to go to) makes things that bit more difficult.

As to what size of allocation would you start doing that, Man City have a precedence of allocating 8,000 to Port Vale for an early round FA Cup match. I doubt we'll get close to that, though it should at least be a guide to the club that they can offer more relaxed ticket buying restrictions for STHs before putting tickets on general sale.

• Surely if we sell out and want more they'll give us some?

There are going to be about 40,000 empty seats

• Surely they could just say from the start there are up to x thousand tickets that can be made available, rather than artificially creating a bottleneck and putting nonsensical restrictions in place on how many tickets STHs can buy on the first phase.

• Based on those prices and a crowd of circa 25-30,000 we’ll only just make six figures from the fixture. Some goons were speculating we’d be in for a £1m+ windfall.

Small priority window for STH is reasonable if you ask me. It is well known that having a ST gives you priority for cup games so it seems sensible just to apply that all the time to avoid confusion. It isn’t difficult to wait an extra day or two if you want to book a seat for another non-STH too.

• @Glenactico said:
    Based on those prices and a crowd of circa 25-30,000 we’ll only just make six figures from the fixture. Some goons were speculating we’d be in for a £1m+ windfall.

Small priority window for STH is reasonable if you ask me. It is well known that having a ST gives you priority for cup games so it seems sensible just to apply that all the time to avoid confusion. It isn’t difficult to wait an extra day or two if you want to book a seat for another non-STH too.

Spot on. Simply wait I'd you intend to go with non sth. That's what I'll be doing!
    Am doing it at Oxford too, which we have some sort of chance of selling out!

• @Malone, I thought I read it - for Oxford - that I could have got x6 tickets as a STH? Didn't seem to suggest they had to be STH too.
    I think it's right to maintain the STH priority for the Man City game too. It's a stated privilege for STH to get the opportunity to buy first and would be bad PR to bin it for this game (however artificial the 3000 ticket limit actually is). If you abandon the privilege first time it has a chance to apply noone will believe the privilege will actually exist next time. Not sure if it really drives up ST sales but maybe it does.
    It's the same principal (sort of) as Amazon binning £10ks of returns rather than selling them cheap. If they sold them cheap then noone pays the higher price they want to sell them originally.

• @Twizz said:
    @Malone, I thought I read it - for Oxford - that I could have got x6 tickets as a STH? Didn't seem to suggest they had to be STH too.
    I think it's right to maintain the STH priority for the Man City game too. It's a stated privilege for STH to get the opportunity to buy first and would be bad PR to bin it for this game (however artificial the 3000 ticket limit actually is). If you abandon the privilege first time it has a chance to apply noone will believe the privilege will actually exist next time. Not sure if it really drives up ST sales but maybe it does.
    It's the same principal (sort of) as Amazon binning £10ks of returns rather than selling them cheap. If they sold them cheap then noone pays the higher price they want to sell them originally.

6 as a sth?! You'd have read loads of opinions about that if so!
    The only 6 in the release is saying general sale is 6th September.

• @Malone, just checked and I can book 4 more - having already booked x2 (both for STH). I suspect that the catch is they have to be STH, but it doesn't seem to specifically say so. ?

• @Twizz said:
    @Malone, just checked and I can book 4 more - having already booked x2 (both for STH). I suspect that the catch is they have to be STH, but it doesn't seem to specifically say so. ?

You can probably book infinite tickets for season ticket holders you want to bang in their details for.

• edited September 2021

Not that it was needed, but the latest Trust email suggests nobody should have trouble getting tickets.

Man City tickets

We have been allocated 3000 tickets by Man City, so there should be no availability issues. If we did use up all these then they would be happy to issue us with more. Full details are on the Club website.

• Of course nobody will have trouble getting tickets, which is why giving season tickets priority but then only allowing them to buy one ticket is so unnecessary.

But it doesn't really matter, if you want to sit with mates who don't have season tickets just wait for the general sale.

Hopefully it catches everyone's imagination and we take a really impressive crowd up there. For what it's worth I reckon we'll take about 2,000 but I'm hoping for more

• Yep, I think 2,000 is about right - but then I thought we’d get more than 6,000 for Lincoln...

• A 3,000 allocation can easily be increased for this game. By allowing season-ticket holders to buy, say, an additional 3 tickets, you would get an early indication of our potential support and whether we would need more than 3,000.

Each game like this needs to be treated on its own merits. For example, if we’d have drawn QPR away we’d have got 2,700 & that would be it due to the configuration of the ground. Likewise, Millwall away would be 2,000 maximum.

My guess is we’ll take 2,500 to Man City & the total crowd will be around 15-18,000.