Skip to content

Man City

Comments

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Sky have chosen two all Prem ties so far predictably. United v West Ham and Norwich v Liverpool

I think people were forgetting only 2 games get picked anyway, it's not the FA cup with numerous games.
    City at home to what most would see as "fodder" was never in a million years being picked.

• Hopefully they’ll confirm the date tomorrow, even if it is 99% it’ll be the Tuesday night. I need to book the hotel!

• I agree that there is often little imagination in the choice of televised cup ties, but as others have pointed out, decisions are usually made on the basis of which games will attract the bigger audiences.
    I thought that Man.Utd. v West Ham and Norwich v Liverpool would be chosen and I’m sure our tie would have been had it been taking place at Adams Park.

• @arnos_grove Not sure whether there be real ale but worth getting there early if you like the fizzy 'craft' stuff https://www.mancity.com/news/club/manchester-city-new-food-and-beverage-offerings-at-the-etihad-this-season-63764878

• Oim sure there be real ale !

• The club have just announced that the fixture will be taking place on the 21st Sept and it won't be shown on Sky or iFollow so you either have to go to the game or try and get some highlights off the club's website a few days after the match

• @Otter87 said:
    The club have just announced that the fixture will be taking place on the 21st Sept and it won't be shown on Sky or iFollow so you either have to go to the game or try and get some highlights off the club's website a few days after the match

I am sure there will be some poor man's telly highlight's programme won't there?

• @Wendoverman said:

I am sure there will be some poor man's telly highlight's programme won't there?

It's only be the goals and any major key match incidents like Red Cards or Injuries. Really disappointing tbh

• @Otter87 said:

@Wendoverman said:

It's only be the goals and any major key match incidents like Red Cards or Injuries. Really disappointing tbh

Not if we win 4-5...

• @Wendoverman said:

@Otter87 said:

@Wendoverman said:

Not if we win 4-5...

*when

• Disappointing. At this point I would watch an interpretation of the match using Subbuteo figures...

• @Otter87 said:
    The club have just announced that the fixture will be taking place on the 21st Sept and it won't be shown on Sky or iFollow so you either have to go to the game or try and get some highlights off the club's website a few days after the match

Or just bang "Man City v Wycombe free" into google and see if by any chance there might be an alternative way...

• I took a chance and booked my hotel, so glad to have it confirmed as taking place on the Tuesday. Checked this morning and prices have gone up too, so glad I pulled the trigger when I did. Hope we give a good account of ourselves.

• @Gary said:
    I took a chance and booked my hotel, so glad to have it confirmed as taking place on the Tuesday. Checked this morning and prices have gone up too, so glad I pulled the trigger when I did. Hope we give a good account of ourselves.

Any recommendation? Will do the same today.
    Somewhere near one of the metro stations would be useful.

• For those thinking of making the game a mini break, The National Football Museum in the centre of Manchester is a fantastic visit for all footie fans, free entry as well.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    For those thinking of making the game a mini break, The National Football Museum in the centre of Manchester is a fantastic visit for all footie fans, free entry as well.

Thanks @perfidious_albion, I will be visiting that during my overnight stay. I could do with a couple of other suggestions.

• Northern Soul (near the Arndale Centre) offers ‘grilled cheese’ which may seem like over priced cheese on toast, but it’s delicious.

• I’ve not been since COVID but the Manchester Art Gallery, the Museum of Science and Industry, the Imperial War Museum North, and the John Rylands Library are all worth visiting.

• I fancy the Factory Records exhibition at the Science & Industry museum.

And the People’s Hustory museum is good too, especially if you fancy seeing Michael Foot’s infamous Cenotaph ‘donkey jacket’ in person. I’d never realised the Queen Mother had paid it a compliment - perils of growing up in a Daily Mail household.

Agree with @Chris, Manchester Art Gallery rarely disappoints.

And the football museum is top quality (although a shame it replaced the excellent Urbis). Seeing the Michael Jackson statue up close is worth the trip alone. Plus you can even find a digitised copy of The Adams Family fanzine in there somewhere.

Never had a bad lunch in TNQ (Northern Quarter).

• Only free entry at the football museum for Manchester residents I'm afraid. Still worth the approx £10(?) Entry fee though.

• @Croider I stand corrected. Used to be free with a voluntary contribution. The considerable financial indictment from Manc City Council to move the museum from its original home in Preston must have come to an end.

• Football museum is closed on a Tuesday unfortunately. Really disappointed about that

• There used to be a great programme/fanzine shop in the middle of Manchester.

• That’s long gone I’m afraid Floyd.

It’s a 21st century desert over here.

• And Tiger Lounge closed in 2017

• When are these tickets for STH going up on the site to purchase?

• @Malone said:

@Gary said:
    I took a chance and booked my hotel, so glad to have it confirmed as taking place on the Tuesday. Checked this morning and prices have gone up too, so glad I pulled the trigger when I did. Hope we give a good account of ourselves.

Just a bog standard Travelodge for me. 30 min power walk to stadium, plenty of parking (£3 for 24 hours or free street parking) and it has a bar so that’ll do me.

@Blue_since_1990 said:
    When are these tickets for STH going up on the site to purchase?

Club said as soon as the tickets arrive at AP. Early next week most likely?

• @Gary said:

@Malone said:

@Gary said:

Just a bog standard Travelodge for me. 30 min power walk to stadium, plenty of parking (£3 for 24 hours or free street parking) and it has a bar so that’ll do me.

@Blue_since_1990 said:

Ta. I've gone half hour or so down the country to split the trip up.

Looks like the ground itself has a metro link station which is great.

• @Malone said:

@Gary said:

@Malone said:

@Gary said:

@Blue_since_1990 said:

Ta. I've gone half hour or so down the country to split the trip up.

Looks like the ground itself has a metro link station which is great.

Yeah it does and it’s a real shame that the metro doesn’t go any further south of the stadium. I had a little look at the online ‘view from your seat’ - it’s an impressive stadium with great views from the away end. Really hope we manage to sell our initial allocation.