Skip to content

International Weekends

Comments

• Haven’t looked at UEFA. Watching the game on GBC and looks to me that Tjay is wide left of a front 3.

• Meanwhile, Horgan only on the bench for Ireland but at HT they are 1-0 up against Portugal. Cristiano Ronaldo missed a pen.

• PENALTY TO GIBRALTAR

De Barr to take

• TJAY SCORES AGAIN

He's now the joint-record goalscorer for Gibraltar since joining UEFA.

• He got some good practice in against Stevenage!

• Cult hero in the making this De Barr lad.

• Unfortunately Latvia re-took the lead. Gibraltar throwing everything into it now though. REECE STYCHE being brought on.

• Ireland pay for not bringing Horgan on.

• @Shev said:
    Ireland pay for not bringing Horgan on.

Do they not understand we were deprived a weekend game because of them calling him up :)

• @Malone said:

@Shev said:

Do they not understand we were deprived a weekend game because of them calling him up :)

At least Gibraltar got the memo!

• @Shev said:

@Malone said:

@Shev said:

Would have been worth it just to see Horgan with the great man Ronaldo :)

• @Malone said:

@Shev said:

@Malone said:

@Shev said:

Would have been worth it just to see Horgan with the great man Ronaldo :)

You’ll get that when we draw United in the next round of the Carabao.

• edited September 2021

I demand we sign 'the legendary' Ray Chipolina. That is a name I want to see on a Wycombe shirt.

• Anyone else in the Gibraltar side catch the eye?

• @drcongo said:
    Anyone else in the Gibraltar side catch the eye?

Julian Valarino looked pretty handy, so did Kian Ronan. Tjay was the best player on the park though out of both teams.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I demand we sign 'the legendary' Ray Chipolina. That is a name I want to see on a Wycombe shirt.

He's 38

• A youngster!

• If we drop down the league because of our game in hand will all the other teams demand we are relegated as we will never recover?

• @inflikted said:

@Wendoverman said:

He's 38

He's 38 until he's 39

• Where’s the best place for a beer in Gib @inflikted @JohnBoy

• @wwfcblue said:
    Where’s the best place for a beer in Gib @inflikted @JohnBoy

Presumably De Barr

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@wwfcblue said:
    Where’s the best place for a beer in Gib @inflikted @JohnBoy

Presumably De Barr

Ding Ding Ding
    Gasroom Comedy Klaxon....

• Interview with Tjay

• De Barr off injured, replaced by Reece Styche (Or "Stitch" as the commentator called him).

He was a big player in the game though. Game was 0-0 at HT but immediately after the second half kicked off he hit the post, although technically he forced a world class save from the Turkish keeper to tip it onto the post with his finger tips. Currently 2-0 to Turkey with just 15 minutes left.

• How bad did the injury look?

• @drcongo said:
    How bad did the injury look?

Looked like just a knock, was able to walk off on his own. Iain Latin is a very well regarded physio but reckon he'll be travelling back to Wycombe early to make sure he's fine for next week. Styche probably going to lead the line vs Norway so at least there's still Wycombe representation in a way.

• Wasn't sure if Tjay's first half booking was for a dive, or for giving the ref an earfull when he waved away the penalty claims. I though he did well in a very tough game where he was often left upfront by himself, and as mentioned above very unlucky not to score just after half time.

• Horgan made a big difference for Ireland when he came on at half time. He was electric for 15 mins, faded a bit with a couple of misplaced passes, then got moved to the right from where he put a couple of crosses in late on.