Skip to content

Alex Samuel leaves

2»

Comments

• Alex will smash it up there.

• @DevC said:
    One of the nice things about WW (and a real tribute to GA management) is that there is not a single player at the club whose departure would be welcomed on a human level. A few maybe yet to establish much of a impression either way and the comfortable majority a "ah that's a shame, thanks for efforts, good luck in future" feeling.

Good times at moment. Never forget it will not always be like this.

This is so true. Every time we get to hear from a new player (EG Burley and De Barr of late), they always come across so well. Shows how much the management team put in to getting in the right kind of person.

• He always put in a shift and did not deserve the carping from some...but good luck to Alex. I think it is safe to say he and Scott will look back on their time with us with great affection. We have created a space for some players to fall back in love with the game and develop.

• Good luck Alex, I’m a big fan and thought there was still plenty to come from you.

Actually would have liked to see Alex tried at RWB following Freeman’s injury

• @Mandown That’s a very good shout. He has all the attributes for an overlapping RWB in the back five system. Hope he does really well at Ross County.

• Crikey, never realised where Ross County played, hell of a commute to away games

• Someone on Facebook has said that Sky Sports have reported that we got a fee for Alex ? Albeit undisclosed

• Club say he's left by mutual consent

• edited August 2021

Great guy and always put his maximum in. You really can't do more than that in life.

Hope he has a whale of a time up there and importantly gets on the pitch more than he would here this season.

• edited August 2021

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Club say he's left by mutual consent

Ok fair enough, I did just have a quick look, and they do have it down as undisclosed, but that would surprise me.

• @HolmerBlue said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Ok fair enough, I did just have a quick look, and they do have it down as undisclosed, but that would surprise me.

Admittedly I'm not sure I've ever seen Sky Sports put 'mutual consent' next to a transfer

• It’s such a shame to see Scotty leave and now Alex, both gave everything for the club and had their own special moments.
    Thanks Alex and best of luck back in Scotland.

• Was in the RAF near to Dingwall, lovely part of the world, hope it works out for him.

• Good luck Alex! Very sad day - the Close Quarters squad is iconic.I am just thankful that we continue to bring characters in.

A shout out to Gape and McCarthy today too, who are dealing with injuries and now losing what I believe are their best friends in the squad.

• Real shame to see both Alex & Scott go, but good on the club for not standing in their way and recognising their need for game time that was unlikely to be realised here given our squad depth.
    I wish them both every success for the future.

• edited August 2021

You realise how wafer thin that level between staying in the manager's plans and not is, at times like this.

Happens to all players, but always a bit sad when it does.

Rob C said something about how Gareth knows that every decision he makes needs to be geared at getting us back in the championship, and you just have to be ruthless with these things.

It's getting to the point where it takes a fair bit of thinking to remember more than the occasional mistake with transfers in or out over his last few years here.

• Great Guy...the very definition of 'hard working'

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@HolmerBlue said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Admittedly I'm not sure I've ever seen Sky Sports put 'mutual consent' next to a transfer

Surely all transfers are by mutual consent these days regardless of the fee. Maybe the odd player still has bus fair home thrown at them and gets told to sling his hook.

So are we getting Ibe and Harris now?

• Never known a player battle like Samuel... he'll be missed, but what a great move for him.