Skip to content

Where’s Bodger?

Seriously, where is he?

Comments

• Maybe they finally realised we should have a mascot that's a more immediately obvious symbol of the club? Like a swan...

Or chair.

• Easy... your talking about a club legend there

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Easy... your talking about a club legend there

Haha, I know. But would a kid immediately know who Bodger was supposed to represent? Didn't we used to have Bluey the Swan anyway?

• Remember when Bodger used to look like this?

• Never warmed to bodger to be honest..... I won't be sad if bluey makes a reappearance!!!

• If he is injured Gaz isn’t about to give that intelligence away to opposing managers.
    Probably the only one at AP that Nathan Jones isn’t interested in signing.
    Maybe he was released before the start of The Championship season and the shock news was buried amongst all the ppg furores.
    Always looked more than a little surprised to still be in the clubs plans going forward to be fair.

• Why did they change Bodger's face? The original one was a far better lookalike.

• Victim of the Covid Red Zone? (and I should know following my moans about no player interviews in the Caledonian).

• I did get to try on Bodger’s head the other week. Certainly proves the Covid jabs are effective…

• @arnos_grove said:
    I did get to try on Bodger’s head the other week. Certainly proves the Covid jabs are effective…

Did you get the job?

• Carried off by aliens.

• Hasn’t made the match day squad once and GA is not going to start commenting on absences now is he.

• He must have had a knock in training ??

• I heard Bodger wasn't practicing social distancing and has caught Gavin Grants cold.

• @ChasHarps said:
    I heard Bodger wasn't practicing social distancing and has caught Gavin Grants cold.

Thank goodness, I feared it was an incident at the training ground with a sharp object #juniorm.

• He doesn't really fit into our formation now, though I love the thought of that massive head on the end of a JJ cross.

• All that means he is almost certainly back in the Papa John on Tuesday? Along with the Development squad.

• I heard he lost a digit when cutting the grass & will be out for a while, until they can find someone from the TV reality show sewing bee?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Maybe they finally realised we should have a mascot that's a more immediately obvious symbol of the club? Like a swan...

Or chair.

I would like to see someone dressed as a massive Chair then small children could fist bump the chair arm by the side of the pitch.

Alternatively, maybe a giant Cajun Prawn.

Or maybe both, the prawn could chase the chair as part of the pre-match entertainment.

• edited August 2021

I'm trying to work out the logistics of dressing someone as a giant chair. I guess the back, back legs and arms would be easy enough, but you'd have to have the seat protruding out in front with two more legs dangling down. Could be fun.

And what would we call it? Charlie the Chair? Chairlie?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I'm trying to work out the logistics of dressing someone as a giant chair……….

………..And what would we call it? Charlie the Chair? Chairlie?

Errr, surely his name would be ‘Boy’ ?

• Boy the chair

• Eze.

And You Ain't Goin' Nowhere could be the club song. At last.

• Wigan's mascot is Crusty the Pie, so we wouldn't be the first to have one inspired by an inanimate object...

• What about a candle?

UpTheWick.

• Cashless, the QR code?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Wigan's mascot is Crusty the Pie, so we wouldn't be the first to have one inspired by an inanimate object...

Let's not forget WBA's boiler.

• Personal favourite is still Partick Thistle's Kingsley

• Bit of a tangent this but the Twitter account @mascotsilence which is essentially a series of photos of football mascots during minute's silences never fails to make me laugh

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Personal favourite is still Partick Thistle's Kingsley

Superb!