Skip to content

Scott Kashket has left the club

13»

Comments

• If GA ever fails to speak warmly of a current player, we can assumed he’s in danger and it’s a coded cry for help.

• Best of luck Scotty K

• Very sorry to see Scotty leave but Wycombe’s loss is Crewe Alexandra’s gain. Will be very interesting to see how he fits in at Gresty Road.

• The very quick signing by Crewe does raise the question again of why he was released rather than transferred. My best guess is we gave Scott a pay-rise when we went up to the Championship which Crewe couldn't match - so we've paid him off in order for Scott not to be out of pocket.

• It definitely seems like the club have "done right by him" one way or another.

• Possibly something like that. I assume the deal was on so long as Crewe didn't have to pay a fee. I guess our club gains by getting his wages off the books so it's not pure altruism.

• Haven't got a clue how Crew play, but with the right service he could easily get 15-20 this season... such a shame, really liked him.

• @aloysius said:
    The very quick signing by Crewe does raise the question again of why he was released rather than transferred. My best guess is we gave Scott a pay-rise when we went up to the Championship which Crewe couldn't match - so we've paid him off in order for Scott not to be out of pocket.

Would there not be a relegation wage decrease matching any wage increase from promotion?
    Would be surprising if not.

He didn't sign a new contract after all.

• Best of luck Scotty at Crewe. He's still a player of real potential in the right system, and on a personal level, someone you want to see have a long career after how shoddily he was treated by Orient.
    I wonder if Crewe kept tabs on him ever since he scored his first league goals for us in our 5-1 demolition of them in 2016...

• @ReturnToSenda said:

Yeah, that's assuming I've counted correctly...

According to your list we have 21 senior players as Stockdale is not in the grey area. Thus only one space?

• @wwfcblue said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Yeah, that's assuming I've counted correctly...

According to your list we have 21 senior players as Stockdale is not in the grey area. Thus only one space?

Two spaces as goalkeepers don't count towards the limit

• Remember in the (surely unlikely) event that we brought in three new players today with none leaving, there would be nothing to stop us not including a player registered (eg Bloomfield or Samuel) in the squad. Obviously that would mean they couldn’t play in league games at least.

• @DevC Seem to remember that's what happened with Darius last season.

• Darius was left unregistered after the January window, but we left a spare space.

• @ReadingMarginalista said:
    Best of luck Scotty at Crewe. He's still a player of real potential in the right system, and on a personal level, someone you want to see have a long career after how shoddily he was treated by Orient.
    I wonder if Crewe kept tabs on him ever since he scored his first league goals for us in our 5-1 demolition of them in 2016...

Just hope they haven’t been keeping tabs on Stewart since he left them. His departure would make it an extremely sad day for me.

• If Stewart were to leave (he won't), it wouldn't be a sideways or downwards step, so I wouldn't worry about Crewe. Also, wouldn't worry about Stewart leaving this window anyway, because he isn't leaving.

• Best of luck Scotty your hot period for us in Lge1 was a real highlight.
    All the best at Crewe.

So Alex has gone to Scottyland
    And Scotty has gone to The Alex

• Good Luck to Scott. Shame it did not work out for him at WW over the few months. Always great to watch.

• @wwfcblue said:
    Best of luck Scotty your hot period for us in Lge1 was a real highlight.
    All the best at Crewe.

Brilliant! Tried to give thumbs up and wound up here!

• @wwfcblue said:
    Best of luck Scotty your hot period for us in Lge1 was a real highlight.
    All the best at Crewe.

POTD. Quick wit indeed...

• I’ve now added thumb number seven !

• Think I’d have omitted the ‘y’. Bit carping, perhaps.

• Kashket has been given number 36 for Crewe.