Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scott Kashket has left the club

2

Comments

  • @Malone said:

    @floyd said:

    @StrongestTeam said:

    Wonder if the nature of the announcements means we might not like where he's going but you have to wish him well.

    It might just as well mean he doesn’t have anywhere to go yet, and/or that the interested clubs can’t pay a fee for him.

    It seems odd that we have to release him to make him a free agent, for another club to sign him. When surely we could just let them sign him for a free transfer?

    Unless there's some sort of fee even with free transfers that we're not aware of? Admin or something?!

    By releasing him he can sign for any club outside the window. This will give him more time to consider offers.

  • Wish him well wherever he goes, always worked hard and gave his all.
    Think it was best for both parties and probably one of the few mutual decisions that’s feels exactly that!

  • Gutted. A lovely guy and a lovely player.

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • @Malone said:

    @floyd said:

    @StrongestTeam said:

    Wonder if the nature of the announcements means we might not like where he's going but you have to wish him well.

    It might just as well mean he doesn’t have anywhere to go yet, and/or that the interested clubs can’t pay a fee for him.

    It seems odd that we have to release him to make him a free agent, for another club to sign him. When surely we could just let them sign him for a free transfer?

    Unless there's some sort of fee even with free transfers that we're not aware of? Admin or something?!

    I suspect the club decided it couldn't leave it to chance as if a deal for Scotty collapsed at last minute we wouldn't then have the space in the squad to sign someone else.

    Great player - when he played with no fear he was like a wasp in the box - a major irritant who could dart in any direction (and he also had a penetrating, stinging shot on him).

    Shame we never got to see him running off Vokes. Hopefully he finds a club that plays a 442 with a big man up front as that system suits him to a tee.

  • edited August 30

    I can't say I'm surprised - the guy seems to get in the neck even when he hasn't kicked a ball - but there is no correlation between Samuel staying and Kashket leaving. Different players for different roles.

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • Presumably most clubs will be up to their maximum quota after tomorrow, so there won’t be that many places he could go if he doesn’t get a club before the deadline? So presumably being a free agent tomorrow is his best chance of getting a deal?

  • Anyone got a roll call about squad limit and how we're sitting against it with the recent ins and outs?

  • Thank you Scott, the very best of luck to you.

  • You're becoming a legend of this online research.

    But I should have realised @ReturnToSenda would have the gen!

  • Yeah, that's assuming I've counted correctly...

  • @ReturnToSenda Yeah completely agree on Samuel. A handful of fans seem to be in meltdown it's Kashket leaving and not Samuel. Makes no sense to me at all, as they're completely different players. I've always rated Kashket highly, but releasing him is understandable, as he didn't really fit in with how we play. I'd say Samuel is a much better fit for Wycombe at the moment. That's not to say he's a better player, but he is a much better hold up player. For all Kashket's attributes, we too often struggled to keep hold of the ball when he played up front. Not a criticism of Kashket, just the reality of how we play.

    All this "wish it was Samuel" leaving is not only wide of mark, but also hugely disrespectful of both players who've made a big contribution to Wycombe over the past few years.

    👍 👎 ( 3 )
  • Exactly.
    Kashket is a better finisher, but how do you get him into our current formation?

    Samuel won't be getting into the lineup that often either, but is capable of a different role than Kashket can fill.

    De Barr has been the one to finish Kashket here, not Samuel.

  • @Wycombe85 said:
    @ReturnToSenda Yeah completely agree on Samuel. A handful of fans seem to be in meltdown it's Kashket leaving and not Samuel. Makes no sense to me at all, as they're completely different players. I've always rated Kashket highly, but releasing him is understandable, as he didn't really fit in with how we play. I'd say Samuel is a much better fit for Wycombe at the moment. That's not to say he's a better player, but he is a much better hold up player. For all Kashket's attributes, we too often struggled to keep hold of the ball when he played up front. Not a criticism of Kashket, just the reality of how we play.

    All this "wish it was Samuel" leaving is not only wide of mark, but also hugely disrespectful of both players who've made a big contribution to Wycombe over the past few years.

    I wouldn't be surprised if Samuel left as well, but yeah, it's really disrespectful and completely unnecessary.

  • Wouldn’t surprise me if Samuel leaves too, even if just on loan.

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • Really sad about this, but I guess it was inevitable as he wasn't even making the bench for League matches. Will never forget his hot streak just after he joined, including the fantastic hat-trick against Chesterfield in the Cup, and his winner on that foggy night at Cheltenham in the all-white kit. He could literally do no wrong at that point. Shame that he had that long spell out injured, but I was so pleased when he scored our first ever goal in the Championship (even if it was a strange one), and then followed up with a few more.
    Scotty, you will be greatly missed at Wycombe. All the best for the future wherever you end up. You have been a legend at our club, and will be remembered for many years.

  • I know Cheltenham were in for Tjay before we got him. Perhaps he could be a good fit for them. Definitely good enough at L1 level.

  • edited August 30

    Have seen a Gillingham fan suggest he'd be a good fit for them. He could thrive playing off Vadaine Oliver.

  • Scotty will always hold a unique record for us having scored our first ever Championship goal, for that alone he has a place in our Hall of Fame.
    The period he had playing alongside Bayo, when on fire, shows he has potential to score given the right service. He just doesn't fit in the current set-up.
    Wish him the best of luck in trying to find another club, hope it works out well for him.

  • Good luck, Scotty.

  • All the very best to you and your lovely family Scott. Hope you get a suitable club quickly.

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • It’s a sign of our aspirations now that there is no place for Scotty in the squad. A little of me pines for that time when he and Bayo clicked in some pony cup competition and we were so excited at the arrival of ‘The Little Genius’ with the classic weird Wycombe back story. What a great player to watch, cheers Scotty for getting me out of my seat every time you got the ball. Memories.

  • Really sad to see him go. I remember the excitement when he was really on fire and then the disappointment when we didn’t see him again for virtually a whole season. Still nobody in the squad better at one on one with the keeper. Playing in Israel might be a further option for him if there are no opportunities here.

  • edited August 30

    @CarParkPete said:
    Playing in Israel might be a further option for him if there are no opportunities here.

    I was thinking this. He had a trial with Maccabi Tel Aviv the November before joining Orient but got injured on the first day.

  • Best of luck to Scotty and Crewe apart from when they play us!

  • Hope he plays regularly, Stays fit, scores a shedload of goals and scares the bejezus out of defences up and down the country. Good luck to him.

    No direct pressure on his replacements as he hasn't been in the team but shows goalscorers will always be in demand.

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • Massive thanks to Scott for his efforts and providing some great memories. Odd to think my last one of him is as a left wingback against Leicester.

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • Makes you wonder what changed between GA speaking so highly of Scotty and his plans for him for the season at the trust season to now.

  • I don’t think this is anything other than Kashket wanting first team football, which meant he had to go elsewhere.

Sign In or Register to comment.