Skip to content

Scott Kashket has left the club

edited August 2021 in Football

Appears that on Scottys latest IG post he is giving a farewell message to the club. I really am going to miss him. He was such a lovely person, great forward and a great servant of his football club. Its just such a shame to see this happen, he was easily my favourite player and I believe he had so much more to offer for us. Scotty if your reading this, best of luck for the future and I hope you can replicate the form you had for us in the 16/17 season for us.

Comments

• I’m going to be quite sad if this means what it looks like it does. I really like Scott, and it’s a shame he hasn’t been able to force his way into the team. He needs to be playing every week, I hope he’s able to.

• Really sad news. Felt he still had so much to offer but if it's best for both parties, so be it.

Can only say, thanks for some superb memories and moments, Scotty and best of luck in the future.

A player like him won't stay unemployed for long, hopefully.

• So what exactly does he say? Not on IG.

• Fabulous player, always gave everything he had.

Wish him the very best for the future.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    So what exactly does he say? Not on IG.

Neither am I, but when it gave me an option to open with the Internet I did and it all came up

Best of luck Scotty

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    So what exactly does he say? Not on IG.

scott_kashket Would like to thank @wycombe for the last 5 years. I have met some amazing people and made some amazing memories with 2 promotions in my time.

It is the right time for me to move on for myself but I wish the club all the best for the season and future.

Thank you to everyone at Wycombe and a massive thank you to the fans over the last 5 years. Everyone has been truly amazing.
    ??

• No announcement yet on WWFC channels

• Really sad. He will go down in history with our first ever Championship goal, as well as being one of the remaining L2 stalwarts. Seems a lovely lad, and will be missed.

• Good luck Kashy, we will all miss you.

• Really surprised to see this. He obviously has the talent to play a role this season and he showed that in the league above. Can’t understand, based on the info we have, why we would let him go.

• At his age he’s got to be playing every week. We can’t offer him that at the moment. Plus we might very well need his place in the 25 man squad.

• Sad to see him go. Will always remember that period when he couldn't stop scoring.

• @floyd Only 22 this season, so all the more reason! He'd be behind a good three or four players in the pecking order in this system.

• We have all debated for time to time whether he should be in or out. One thing I can say is he did give it everything when he did get to play. Was capable of some patches of real brilliance but probably lacked consistency and was somewhat hampered by injuries.
    A really nice young man and I sincerely hope he gets a good club and comes back to Adams Park from time to time. He will be missed.

• Interesting to see what level he signs at.

• Good luck and thanks for the goals, he needs regular games and will score goals. He did his fair share of running and chasing too but he needs to be on the last defender giving them hell.

Wonder if the nature of the announcements means we might not like where he's going but you have to wish him well.

• First really bad news since we lost Uche. He has something that few others at our level(s) has (pace to burn) and I still think could have terrorised a few League 1 defences this season (I guess he still could).

I guess the way GA wants us to play and with the riches in the forward line at our disposal he and Scotty just couldn’t see him getting the amount of game time Scotty appears to need to keep sharp.

Great pic to announce his departure though and it looks like the club have done the right thing by him in letting him go to allow him to find a new club.

Good luck Scotty. Thanks for some great memories

• Interesting that they mention the transfer deadline. Surely he's now a free agent and the deadline is irrelevant?

• @StrongestTeam said:

Wonder if the nature of the announcements means we might not like where he's going but you have to wish him well.

It might just as well mean he doesn’t have anywhere to go yet, and/or that the interested clubs can’t pay a fee for him.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Interesting that they mention the transfer deadline. Surely he's now a free agent and the deadline is irrelevant?

I guess we probably wanted money for him but their wasnt a massive chance of us being able to sell him in one day

• Just hope we don’t lose Anthony Stewart as well, that would be disastrous.

• edited August 2021

Really sad to see him go, the promise was always there, but it just seemed hard to get him into our tactical approach.

Seeing De Barr coming on instead of him on Tuesday really did feel the last straw as it was.
    Then we signed another striker straight after!

Progress waits for no man, but I really hope he finds a league 2 club (probably?) and really gets smashing those goals in again.

• Some league 1 or 2 side are gonna get a cracking striker. Play him close to a target man, and he create and convert chances.

• @floyd said:

@StrongestTeam said:

It might just as well mean he doesn’t have anywhere to go yet, and/or that the interested clubs can’t pay a fee for him.

It seems odd that we have to release him to make him a free agent, for another club to sign him. When surely we could just let them sign him for a free transfer?

Unless there's some sort of fee even with free transfers that we're not aware of? Admin or something?!

• I definitely think we could have used him this season, even if he wasn’t going to be an automatic first choice.

But fair enough if he (and the club) think it’s the right time for him to seek more first team opportunities elsewhere.

I think some club is going to land themselves a decent player.

Thanks for your time at the club, Scott.

• The right move for all concerned, but sad to see him go. You'd think they'd be no shortage of interest in him. Whilst it looks like we've done the right thing by the player, it's a shame we couldn't get a fee for him. I do accept though that there's not many League 1/2 sides that could afford to pay a fee.

I really hope he goes on to get regular games somewhere. If he ever returns to Adams Park he'll be sure to get a great reception. I'd be terrified of us facing him though!

• Sad to see him go. Really thought he could do a good job alongside Vokes but clearly that’s not the way Ainsworth wants us to play. I know it may seem harsh but would have preferred Samuel to be on his way. Kashket is by far the greater goal threat.

• Sad news... one of my favourite player's...