Skip to content

WW v Aston Villa U21s next Tuesday

Comments

• Can anyone remember what kind of allocation we normally get at the three-sided wonder?

• The allocation is initially 1,200 but that can be increased to 1,800. Very good shout about splitting the ticket sales so the “more senior” fans can sit towards the front without people standing up in front of them while the more vocal fans can go more towards the upper part of that section. I know several people who are reluctant to go because they don’t want people standing in front of them - which is fair enough. Just need to keep everybody happy! ?

• edited August 2021

@A_Worboys said:
    The allocation is initially 1,200 but that can be increased to 1,800. Very good shout about splitting the ticket sales so the “more senior” fans can sit towards the front without people standing up in front of them while the more vocal fans can go more towards the upper part of that section. I know several people who are reluctant to go because they don’t want people standing in front of them - which is fair enough. Just need to keep everybody happy! ?

They handled it brilliantly last time, but they had to, as the time before went really badly with rows and bad feeling all over the place.

It's key to get right as this will be one of the few guaranteed sell outs of the season.

I'd be surprised if they've got the Oxford tickets ready for Tuesday though. The theme this season has been quite late action on sales.

• They should have the tickets ready. If not, I’m very happy to drive over to Oxford & pick them up for them.

• @A_Worboys said:
    They should have the tickets ready. If not, I’m very happy to drive over to Oxford & pick them up for them.

That's a generous offer! Let's hope the club do have them ready, and have their plan in action.

Ideally a clear communication that for this one you have to sit in your actual seat, but singing/standing crew (obviously they have to be careful at billing it as "standing" in an all seater) will be sold from the back, and the rest of us who are old and like to sit in seats, will be sold from the front.

• I say the Guy's should try and do this and dedicate to The Couhig's and all their friends and relatives (indeed all Louisiana residents) who are in the path of Hurricane Ida. We just don't have these sort of life threatening/changing events in our part of the world. All the best Guy's.

• @Malone said:

@A_Worboys said:
    They should have the tickets ready. If not, I’m very happy to drive over to Oxford & pick them up for them.

That's a generous offer! Let's hope the club do have them ready, and have their plan in action.

Ideally a clear communication that for this one you have to sit in your actual seat, but singing/standing crew (obviously they have to be careful at billing it as "standing" in an all seater) will be sold from the back, and the rest of us who are old and like to sit in seats, will be sold from the front.

You are not old @Malone. I’m not having that !

• @Malone said:

@A_Worboys said:

Couldn't make it to Sunderland on Saturday, so went to Oxford/Lincoln. Sat in with the Lincoln fans, and the stewards were very clear that you could sit where you wanted. With a larger/sold out away following perhaps the advice would be different?

• @bicester_blue said:

@Malone said:

@A_Worboys said:

Couldn't make it to Sunderland on Saturday, so went to Oxford/Lincoln. Sat in with the Lincoln fans, and the stewards were very clear that you could sit where you wanted. With a larger/sold out away following perhaps the advice would be different?

The game 2 years ago started out like that, then at 5 to 3 a load of people turned up and insisted on standing at the back, in the walkways and in front of people already seated. I'd always assumed if I'd wanted to sit in a particular area in an unreserved setup I'd drag myself out of the pub a bit earlier but maybe not.

• @bicester_blue said:

@Malone said:

@A_Worboys said:

Sitting where you want in a sell out just asks for a real mess.
    And you'll simply get people turning up late on, and try and stand in aisles or create their own rows and suchlike. Luton was always fairly bad for it, but usually wasn't even a sell out. Oxford will be.

• If I thought as little of fellow Wycombe fans as you I'm not sure I'd ever go again

• The inconsiderate ones do seem to come out of the woodwork in considerable numbers for our visits to the Kassam.

• To be fair to the fans who stand, they do try and get to the back to minimise disruption. We probably would do exactly the same if we could turn the clock back 40 years or so.
    Just great to have nearly 2 thousand fans at Oxford. The match itself will be a real good one this season as nothing between the teams in the league.
    Can’t wait COYB!!!!!

• As long as the club manage Oxford like they did last time, no problems :)

• is it me or have all tickets been sold for the game tomorrow?.seems to be no tickets for the prosenus stand?

• Just booked my ticket for tonight, but yes it appears that there are now only 3 seats left available for the game.

I appreciate there may be some like me who are just desperate to get down to AP and see a game, but I'd be rather surprised if I turn up tonight to see a packed stand!

• @Wycombe85 said:
    Just booked my ticket for tonight, but yes it appears that there are now only 3 seats left available for the game.

I appreciate there may be some like me who are just desperate to get down to AP and see a game, but I'd be rather surprised if I turn up tonight to see a packed stand!

If you turned up with 8000 of your mates you might see a packed stand. More likely they only put a limited number on sale in the ticketing system and then add more as needed

• What ?? Must be pay on the day surely ? I was going to go tonight but havnt bought a ticket

• Getting back to the thread topic, sort of, great piece in the Carlisle News and Stars about their greatest EFL Trophy moments since the under 21s came in. Picture captions are particularly good.
    https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/19513057.eight-unforgettable-carlisle-united-efl-trophy-memories/

• @StrongestTeam yes, I'm sure you're right! I know it's only 2 stands open for the game (including the terrace), but it was still rather a shock to find there were only 4 seats left available when I booked mine.

I'd be surprised if there were more than 800 in total there tonight, let alone 8000!

• Managed to book a couple of seats just now on the phone. More available on the system than showing on the website apparently.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Getting back to the thread topic, sort of, great piece in the Carlisle News and Stars about their greatest EFL Trophy moments since the under 21s came in. Picture captions are particularly good.
    https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/19513057.eight-unforgettable-carlisle-united-efl-trophy-memories/

Thanks for the link, such a fabulous article. Jon Colman is one of the best local journalists out there.

• @MindlessDrugHoover Wonderful - thanks.

I'd like to swerve the Checkatrade with you.

• The below quote taken from tonight’s match preview:

“ Gareth Ainsworth will hand Chairboys debuts to Brandon Hanlan, Connor Parsons, Chris Forino, James Clark and Malachi Linton, who is available to play despite being on loan to King Lynn Town. There could also be first appearances at Adams Park for Adam Przybek and Andre Burley.”

• Have never seen a player out on loan allowed to play for their parent club before - but the fewer key players we have to risk tonight, the better!

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Have never seen a player out on loan allowed to play for their parent club before - but the fewer key players we have to risk tonight, the better!

Will you be watching the game at all?

• Is it on iFollow?

• @DPR38 said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Have never seen a player out on loan allowed to play for their parent club before - but the fewer key players we have to risk tonight, the better!

Nope!

• @drcongo said:
    Is it on iFollow?

It is yeah!

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@DPR38 said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Nope!

Understandable, I wasn’t intending to but would be good to see how the development squad players get on and see Hanlan in action.