Skip to content

International Weekends

Comments

• Club making a decision today, according to Ian Baker.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Club making a decision today, according to Ian Baker.

Seems reasonable. Check if McCleary will be well for the weekend, check injuries and the status of those in recovery and make the call.

• From an Ipswich fan: "You'd be mad to seek a postponement...guaranteed 3pts"

• Again for selfish reasons I would prefer the game to go ahead but trust the club will make the right call. All this talk of possible suspension...is Mehmeti actually being investigated?

• @Wendoverman said:
    Again for selfish reasons I would prefer the game to go ahead but trust the club will make the right call. All this talk of possible suspension...is Mehmeti actually being investigated?

There's not really much to investigate ? Three-game ban incoming.

• The squads were only announced on Friday, and yesterday all preparation would have been focused on the game so today is realistically the earliest they could announce it.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    From an Ipswich fan: "You'd be mad to seek a postponement...guaranteed 3pts"

I’m bringing a colleague. Lives in MK, supports Ipswich. That’s his view too.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Again for selfish reasons I would prefer the game to go ahead but trust the club will make the right call. All this talk of possible suspension...is Mehmeti actually being investigated?

There's not really much to investigate ? Three-game ban incoming.

I am loving the complete confidence of each opinion being announced as absolute fact.

On another note how do these off the ball incidents make their way to a disciplinary hearing? Is it the ref who reports or is it Colin Murray on Quest?

• Confirmed Ipswich is postponed.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Horgan will be a miss, Mehmeti doesn't start every game anyway (and could well be suspended by then anyway) and De Barr will be a sub at most. We have Hanlon now as well so we're not exactly short of numbers. Main thing might be how injured/well Stewart and McCleary are.

And Mccarthy. You seem to be forgetting a critical part of this formation

• Being in league one we could easily get away with that Mehmeti punch unless Sunderland's manager tries to really make a thing of it.

• @Malone Aren't there assessors at all games?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    @Malone Aren't there assessors at all games?

If there are Let's hope they were following the ball like the ref was.

• Pretty sure they're there to assess the ref.

• I’m sure they are.

• Beyond us pointing it out...have any charges or mention of charges been reported?

• Bit early for that son.

• @glasshalfempty said:
    Bit early for that son.

So I'm not quite sure why people keep mentioning a suspension as if it is a certainty.

• @Wendoverman said:

@glasshalfempty said:
    Bit early for that son.

So I'm not quite sure why people keep mentioning a suspension as if it is a certainty.

I think we'll get away with it.

I'm not sure who would be sniffing through league 1 games looking out for any misdemeanours.

• I was hoping he might get away with it but Quest highlighting it on last night’s show has put the kybosh on that.

• @Malone said:

@Wendoverman said:

@glasshalfempty said:
    Bit early for that son.

I think we'll get away with it.

I'm not sure who would be sniffing through league 1 games looking out for any misdemeanours.

Mr Swann!

• edited August 2021

Wales' squad is taking an absolute battering from injuries / Covid / visa issues. No strikers left...

• No, they can’t have Vokes!

• Vokes and Alex Samuel up front !

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Vokes and Alex Samuel up front !

JJ historic first call up?
    Sounds like a 'mare as they've got to play Belarus in Russia and they are having problems with visas and that...

• De Barr leads the line for Gibraltar tonight against Latvia in a very winnable game for them (Gibraltar won the last meeting 1-0). Reece Styche is on the bench.

• @inflikted said:

De Barr leads the line for Gibraltar tonight against Latvia in a very winnable game for them (Gibraltar won the last meeting 1-0). Reece Styche is on the bench.

Interestingly, Lincoln Red Imps, Gibraltar league champions, beat Riga, of Latvia, in the Europa Conference League Playoffs to become the first ever Gibraltarian club side to make the group stages of a UEFA club competition. 7 Red Imps players start tonight, and of course that is the club we signed Tjay from.

• De Barr playing LW in a front 3.

• @JohnBoy said:
    De Barr playing LW in a front 3.

UEFA's lineup is always wrong. Julio Ribas never gives out the formation before kick-off so players are randomly put in to a 4-3-3, hence why Graeme Torrilla (a central midfielder) is at LB while Ethan Britto (a LWB/LW) is put down as striker.

• Some great footwork from Tjay to force a freekick on the edge of the area. Just a shame Ronan's free-kick just went into the wall.