Skip to content

Sunderland Away - Attendance Prediction Match 5 - Sat 28th Aug

2»

Comments

• 29,308, with 391 most welcome supporters from Wycombe.

• 31234 567 chairboys

• 29765 with 425 chairpersons

• 31000 with 699 blues.

• 3120 with 545 chairboys

• 29,675 including 481 away

• Early match day morning and the sun is shining (in East Anglia at least). This will be our season's biggest crowd league unless we are involved in the play offs. This year this game seems to have gathered special drama and resonance for some in Sunderland.

there are 32 predictions on record so far and we are collectively saying

Average for Total Crowd: 30074
    Average for Away Crowd 496

The range for the total crowd is from 32589 to 27856 and we are saying that around 1.5% of the crowd will be Wycombe supporters.
    Very best wishes and good voice to all who are travelling or who have already traveled.

Those who have forecasted previous games this season but not yet posted one for this game include

@davebevan
    @eric_plant
    @floyd
    @HCBlue
    @JohnBoy
    @perfidious_albion
    @peterparrotface
    @PrinceOfCrowell

It will be the closest two predictions which count after this match on the season's competition leaderboard and that competition is still far from fully formed, so please have a go.

@BSE - I have entered your prediction as 31200. If you want a different final digit that is fine.

• Thanks very much for the reminder, @railwaysteve. Please may I go with 29874/278?

• 30,665 including 503 lucky Chairboys

• @a40 said:
    31000 with 699 blues.

I don’t normally dither once I’ve made my prediction. However, I think I may have over forecast on the travelling blue army. I think many are still on holiday. I’d like to tweak the away crowd to 549 if I may with the total attendance remaining at 31000

• 28925 with 480 Chairboys

• @BSE said:
    3120 with 545 chairboys

Wouldn’t that be great.

• BSEBSE
    edited August 2021

@railwaysteve thank you! yes typo there indeed. i was trying to go for 31,020

• @a40 said:

@a40 said:
    31000 with 699 blues.

I don’t normally dither once I’ve made my prediction. However, I think I may have over forecast on the travelling blue army. I think many are still on holiday. I’d like to tweak the away crowd to 549 if I may with the total attendance remaining at 31000

Sorted.

A Sunderland fan believes that they have found a way to tap into their clubs ticket availability site to give the number of home tickets sold to date by their new unloved cashless ticketing system.
    This posted before 11:00 on an 11 page thread that the counter was at 28,562.

If you look for the thread be prepared to find several pages of them arguing with Newcastle fans about whether they or Newcastle are the better supported club.

• Nowhere near as many Wycombe fans here as in previous seasons. Doubt if there are many more than 300.

• 29,344 according to BBC.

• Respect and congratulations to @our_frank who was very close to getting a prediction within 0.1% of the official attendance of 29,344.
    A special mention for @bookertease who also had a prediction that was only out with a double figure number.

All the closest ten beat the average as the attendance was a bit lower than we expected and indeed a bit lower still than those in Sunderland who tried using a feed from their club's ticketing site to make predictions. They called it at 30,000 not long before kick off.

The closest ten were:

@our_frank whose prediction of 29308 was out by 36
    @bookertease whose prediction of 29292 was out by 52
    @BlueBoy whose prediction of 29462 was out by 118
    @Alexo whose prediction of 29543 was out by 199
    @DevC whose prediction of 29648 was out by 304
    @NewburyWanderer whose prediction of 29651 was out by 307
    @thedieharder whose prediction of 29671 was out by 327
    @ForeverBlue whose prediction of 29675 was out by 331
    @Forest_Blue whose prediction of 29725 was out by 381

Blue Average our prediction of 29851 was out by 507

I will update the season long competition to show the best two predictions from the first five games and should be able to post within the hour.

Thanks for predicting all, it took a bit of the sting out of the result for me to sort the data this morning.