Summer transfer thread

Comments

• Vokes
    Bayo
    Hanlon
    Kashket
    Samuel
    De Barr

I would say we can sleep easy! So, about that CB cover...(loses sleep)

• Is the new centre back to be announced today?

• A bit greedy really though I suppose.

• @Shev said:
    Vokes
    Bayo
    Hanlon
    Kashket
    Samuel
    De Barr

I would say we can sleep easy! So, about that CB cover...(loses sleep)

I don't think all 6 will still be here in a week or so

• @HolmerBlue - I would agree with that. This does seem to raise the chance of Kashket and/or Samuel going out on loan.

• According to Ryan Hodge on Twitter, a Rovers fan with 26 followers, he's shite and he's glad he's gone. What was Ainsworth thinking!

• Comments on the Gas forum are similar to those about Uche...no loss, falls over too easy, not much good...so all looking positive. It will be interesting to see what happens with our six forwards, although Kashket, Samuel and Hanlon (possibly) can also play as part of a front three with a centre forward?

• Not convinced with this one, can see becoming this season's Josh Parker (minus the nutty social media stuff)

• @Croider said:
    Not convinced with this one, can see becoming this season's Josh Parker (minus the nutty social media stuff)

Also it looks like they both had their best goal scoring period with Gillingham. Spooky!

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    According to Ryan Hodge on Twitter, a Rovers fan with 26 followers, he's shite and he's glad he's gone. What was Ainsworth thinking!

Bet he was on the pitch a few years back

• From their fan site it looks like Barton has offloaded all their strikers just before the end of the window.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @StrongestTeam said:
    Doesn't say all news will be incoming btw

I don't think they'd 'tease' departures (although there could well be some).

• @Croider said:
    Not convinced with this one, can see becoming this season's Josh Parker.

As a matter of interest have you ever seen him play and if not exactly what leads you to this conclusion?

• Ainsworth and Dobbo know what they are doing so you can expect this lad to be a god one!!!

• Yes, come on @Croider, spill the beans like I did a few hours ago.

• edited August 2021

When I am happy about new players, it is rarely because I think their old clubs got the best out of them...it's because I have every confidence we will.

• Of course I've seen him play, he's been a regular in the football league for the last 4-5 seasons and played against Wycombe on multiple occasions.

Just never been overly impressed with him and don't think he'll feature all that much in our large squad. Maybe there will be a couple of impressive cameos but I can't see him leaving a lasting impression. Maybe I'll be wrong, but we'll see what he has contributed come May.

• @Croider said:
    Of course I've seen him play, he's been a regular in the football league for the last 4-5 seasons and played against Wycombe on multiple occasions.

Just never been overly impressed with him and don't think he'll feature all that much in our large squad. Maybe there will be a couple of impressive cameos but I can't see him leaving a lasting impression. Maybe I'll be wrong, but we'll see what he has contributed come May.

Any opinion on why they paid good money for him?

• @Croider said:
    Of course I've seen him play, he's been a regular in the football league for the last 4-5 seasons and played against Wycombe on multiple occasions.

By my reckoning he has played against Wycombe just four times, twice for Gillingham and twice whilst on loan at Colchester. Our squad won’t be any bigger than anyone else’s.

• Wouldn't be handing out 3 year contracts and paying transfer fee's on a chancer.... GA clearly knows what he's doing, who can say they really got excited by Muskwe, Ikpeazu etc?... they didn't turn out to bad.

• As he's only 24 and Gareth and Dobbo seem to rate him enough to cough up, I'm going to do that 'see how he does for us' thing.

• Kashket possibly going out on loan? Not getting in the squad and apparently not injured

• @bigred87 said:
    Wouldn't be handing out 3 year contracts and paying transfer fee's on a chancer.... GA clearly knows what he's doing, who can say they really got excited by Muskwe, Ikpeazu etc?... they didn't turn out to bad.

?‍♂️

• edited August 2021

Beginning to think that initial tweet was a reference to the Ronaldo reports and not multiple signings for us this evening...

• edited August 2021

Btw, anyone know the last time we didn't make a loan signing in a summer window? Obviously we still could, but it feels quite surreal to have the entire squad made up of players we own.

• edited August 2021

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Beginning to think that initial tweet was a reference to the Ronaldo reports and not multiple signings for us this evening...

Well yeah... They are leaving it a little late if there is anyone else incoming today ...

• This is an absolute waste of money. No idea what GA and co are thinking of. More money than sense. Another Banton. Madness*

(*Just getting my bid in for when we resurrect this thread in 2 years time when we sell him on for mega-bucks and I can prove, once again, to have zero football knowledge).

Just seems slightly weird that we are actually paying transfer fees for anyone. I have probably seen him play against us once or twice but have no recollection of him at all so more than happy to trust GA and Dobbo’s assessment that he will bring something to the squad.

Or I could, much more reasonably, form an instant opinion based on a few posters on fan forums as we all know that football fans are far more knowledgeable than football managers.

After all, we would be a championship club still if we’d followed one certain poster on here’s advice…

• Gillingham fans rate him one fan saying he is glad he has escaped rovers and gone to a good club with a good young manager.

• Was he a replacement for Clarke-Harris at The gas?