Skip to content

Summer transfer thread

Comments

• @LeedsBlue said:
    He said on social media: "I just need an opportunity and a manager to believe in me". That's practically the Bat Signal, for Gaz and Dobbo...

Love the idea of a Bat Signal projected down from the Frank Adams with Rob or Pete as Alfred

• Very impressive in the first half at Hanwell Town playing out wide. Second half not so much. Not at all surprised we’ve signed him for the Development Squad.

• Hopefully there will eventually be a couple of Development Squad fixtures which fans are allowed to go to, now that we actually have enough signed up to make a team. Would be nice since we actually know who the players are now, rather than just the unknown faces in a Wycombe shirt as at Hanwell and Chesham.

• @Croider said:
    Hopefully there will eventually be a couple of Development Squad fixtures which fans are allowed to go to, now that we actually have enough signed up to make a team. Would be nice since we actually know who the players are now, rather than just the unknown faces in a Wycombe shirt as at Hanwell and Chesham.

It would be even nicer if season ticket holders could go for free as a little incentive / reward.

• Six days to go to end of transfer window so hopefully we will see some incomings. We are doing really well and the development lads have been great but we still need one or two additions to add even more quality to our superb squad of players.

Lavelle? Hanlon? Or maybe some quality loan signings. Exciting six days ahead.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

@Croider said:
    Hopefully there will eventually be a couple of Development Squad fixtures which fans are allowed to go to, now that we actually have enough signed up to make a team. Would be nice since we actually know who the players are now, rather than just the unknown faces in a Wycombe shirt as at Hanwell and Chesham.

It would be even nicer if season ticket holders could go for free as a little incentive / reward.

I remember being a regular attendee at reserve team fixtures with my season ticket way back when . I enjoyed them almost as as much as a Saturday game. huddled against the cold, nursing a coffee and listening to the players effing and jeffing happy days

• Likewise @Morris_Ital
    Even remember staring in disbelief at Tonk Adams flared jeans with flowers embroidered at the bottom of the legs!!!??

• I thought for a minute you were talking about a past player @EwanHoosaami
    'I remember old Tonk ghosting past the Slough right back in his flared embroidered jeans...'

• Sorry @Wendoverman didn't proof read before posting. Of course should have typed "Tony". ?

• too late...in my mind Tonk Adams is now the star player with Brimscombe & Thrupp

• Let's refer to him as Twonk going forward

• I remember watching Capital League matches on a midweek afternoon for free with my season ticket. There were usually around 100-200 I think in the main stand and it was a good way to see some of the fringe players. Technically I was working but had my mobile phone with me…..

I remember watching Andy Baird, before he broke through, terrorise someone like Charlton and confidently predicting he would be our first £1 million player

• Aka the Mo Harkin award

• I seem to remember rumours that we turned down a sizeable six figure bid from Pompey for Andy Baird. He was a wonderful player. Shame it never quite came together for him.

• Ah Baird. I remember he first got a taster of action in the last game of one season, and I liked the look of him from the off.

One of the bravest players we've had, and unfortunately for him, his real skill was a burst of pace to just toe it past a defender, usually followed by getting absolutely wiped out.

I'm sure that absolutely shimmering ape Sean Gregan was on a personal mission to cripple him.

• His bravery was his downfall. Just wanted to run through brick walls. His partnership with Devine promised so much but the poor lad couldn't stay fit. Definitely one that could have been.

• I used to regularly go to Capital lge games at Loakes Park.
    I saw Adie Mann put in one of the finest performances I've ever seen by a Wanderers player, shortly before we signed him.
    Sadly it was never repeated.

• I remember Capital League games at Loakes Park. Used to get decent crowds for what was essentially reserve fixtures, usually 2-300. The Capital League Cup Final win over Barnet (a glorious Kevin Durham winner) was one of my favourite memories of my early days watching Wycombe. Weirdly the Capital League Cup was classed more as first team games though from what I recall. Certainly they used to attract bigger crowds.

• Interesting videos of Connor Parsons to be found on You Tube including a highlights video featuring performances with previous clubs. Very interesting.

• Cup draw can’t hurt with attracting possible signings.

• However can we get them on a cheaper rate if they are cup-tied?

• The term ‘big day’ suggests multiple signings??

• Hanlan signs

• @Gary said:

The term ‘big day’ suggests multiple signings??

Cup £

• Sliding door moment. Stevenage miss a penalty we get a new striker with the cash. This football ownership is easy

• Doesn't say all news will be incoming btw

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Sliding door moment. Stevenage miss a penalty we get a new striker with the cash. This football ownership is easy

I wonder how the striker who scored the winning penalty feels about more competition for a place

• @prufrock_91 said:

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Sliding door moment. Stevenage miss a penalty we get a new striker with the cash. This football ownership is easy

I wonder how the striker who scored the winning penalty feels about more competition for a place

to be fair, once we knock Man City out of the League Cup, a little strength in depth may be no bad thing

• Hang on I'm losing track here...so far today it's a financial pain in the arse of no benefit to us to be facing Man City in the Cup and signing a new striker is going to upset the ones we've already got? :smile: I think we need to get back to those happier years worrying about getting relegated.