Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Match day thread: Stevenage (League cup)

2456

Comments

  • @Wendoverman said:
    Is Max Ram better than Max Power I wonder?

    Already done this one when first signed, keep up.

  • First game I’ve been able to get to this season due to cricket.

    It’s horrendous, a lad absolutely smashing the shit out of a drum with about 3 people singing with him.
    The larger group who usually sing just getting increasingly pissed off.
    As a result no singing or chanting at all as a collective. He carries on smashing it when no one’s singing with him.

    It’s not so bad at home, at least you can sit in another stand.

    Blues are playing decently, had a few good chances although a bit sloppy at the back so far.

  • Lovely finish from Bayo after an awesome take down and turn a few minutes earlier. Still got it!

  • @PrinceOfCrowell said:
    First game I’ve been able to get to this season due to cricket.

    It’s horrendous, a lad absolutely smashing the shit out of a drum with about 3 people singing with him.
    The larger group who usually sing just getting increasingly pissed off.
    As a result no singing or chanting at all as a collective. He carries on smashing it when no one’s singing with him.

    It’s not so bad at home, at least you can sit in another stand.

    On Saturday he kept on β€˜drumming’ and singing long after the team had finished their lap of honour, indeed he was literally the only person left standing on the home end, eventually a steward had to escort him off the premises!
    Away at Wigan travelling fans stole (confiscated?) his drum sticks!
    Enthusiasm needs channelling IMO

  • Unfortunately I really do think that one day it's going to lead to a bit of trouble

  • The club need to step in and stop him drumming. Harsh, but ultimately the drummer needs to be doing it for the thousands of other fans, not just for himself.

  • In fairness he started like a manic dog but then eased off totally.
    As seems the general mood of the night. Even the usually rabid Stevenage mob haven't made a peep.

    On a more important note I hope the girl who was smashed by a stray ball pre game is OK.

    Saw her have 10mins of attention have a sling put on and be escorted out. Looked a bad one.

  • @perfidious_albion said:

    @PrinceOfCrowell said:
    First game I’ve been able to get to this season due to cricket.

    It’s horrendous, a lad absolutely smashing the shit out of a drum with about 3 people singing with him.
    The larger group who usually sing just getting increasingly pissed off.
    As a result no singing or chanting at all as a collective. He carries on smashing it when no one’s singing with him.

    It’s not so bad at home, at least you can sit in another stand.

    On Saturday he kept on β€˜drumming’ and singing long after the team had finished their lap of honour, indeed he was literally the only person left standing on the home end, eventually a steward had to escort him off the premises!
    Away at Wigan travelling fans stole (confiscated?) his drum sticks!
    Enthusiasm needs channelling IMO

    The fact he kept turning up to games home and away during lockdown meant the club had to release at least one β€œplease don’t come to the game” message I am 99% sure was aimed at him and a couple of others.

    He also had his drum sticks stolen last week, going on the emotional posts on Facebook.

    He seems a bit of a menace to some for sure. I’m also fairly certain he has some level of learning difficulty but channels a lot of his time, effort and emotion towards supporting our club.

    So even as annoying as I find him, I’m inclined to cut him more slack than others.

  • 1-1 slack marking at the back post allowed them to loop a header across for an easy tap in

  • taf comes off and we conceed

  • @TheDancingYak said:

    @perfidious_albion said:

    @PrinceOfCrowell said:
    First game I’ve been able to get to this season due to cricket.

    It’s horrendous, a lad absolutely smashing the shit out of a drum with about 3 people singing with him.
    The larger group who usually sing just getting increasingly pissed off.
    As a result no singing or chanting at all as a collective. He carries on smashing it when no one’s singing with him.

    It’s not so bad at home, at least you can sit in another stand.

    On Saturday he kept on β€˜drumming’ and singing long after the team had finished their lap of honour, indeed he was literally the only person left standing on the home end, eventually a steward had to escort him off the premises!
    Away at Wigan travelling fans stole (confiscated?) his drum sticks!
    Enthusiasm needs channelling IMO

    The fact he kept turning up to games home and away during lockdown meant the club had to release at least one β€œplease don’t come to the game” message I am 99% sure was aimed at him and a couple of others.

    He also had his drum sticks stolen last week, going on the emotional posts on Facebook.

    He seems a bit of a menace to some for sure. I’m also fairly certain he has some level of learning difficulty but channels a lot of his time, effort and emotion towards supporting our club.

    So even as annoying as I find him, I’m inclined to cut him more slack than others.

    It kills the atmosphere and you can’t get away from it in a small away stand.

  • Anything concerning in Taff's "removal" from the field of play? He was head bombing away from the red zone for fun.

    If you suffer a sports injury like Taffazoli, please visit www.usainjurytherapy.com)

    Sorry - gone all American

  • @peterparrotface said:
    Just heard this being sung in The Standing Order, not sure myself:

    Do you remember, the night Wycombe signed Olly Penders?

    He was changing the mind of Steve Kember
    We were having a meal in Bray

    Hey hey hey
    Ba-dee-ya lovely lovely Penders
    Ba-dee-ya club captain by September
    Ba-dee-ya he could be the new Simpemba
    Ba-dee-ya I've heard he's a Trust member

    He could be better than Gary Wraaaaight #

    far too good to ever catch on, I fear. The Simpemba line is the icing on the cake.

  • @Wanderers82 said:
    taf comes off and we conceed

    Easing him back in after his return from injury.

  • Not at the races second half, should be behind.

  • 2-1 Stevenage

    Ball not cleared, rifled into the corner.

  • Inept second half showing. Odd really

  • they deserve to be beating us ...we have been so incredibly poor 2nd half ....GA needs to do something

  • Haven't seen us outplayed like this in a long time. Weird performance.

  • and scitty can't even get on ....looks like his time is up

  • Sounds a hard listen, almost down to 10 again through cramp I think they said!

  • Scenes - injury time equaliser!

    Lovey cross from Horgan

    Players pile into the crowd

  • Our games in the League Cup should just go straight to penalties.

  • Sounds like a really good goal, welcome to Wycombe De Barr!

  • De Barr has been set high tonight, etc

  • De Barr certainly looks mad keen. Gave a string of fouls away and buzzing like mad out there.
    Took his goal superbly. Potential cult hero in the making. Mini chicharito.

  • Delay in the shootout whilst the ball boy retrieves a Stevenage penalty from Row Z

Sign In or Register to comment.