Could be:

Stockdale
Grimmer, Tafazolli, Stewart, Jacobson, Obita
Pendlebury, Scowen
Wheeler, Mehmeti
Akinfenwa

Comments

• edited August 2021

Stockdale (although I wish Gareth would rotate 'keepers in the cups)

Grimmer
    Burley
    Tafazolli

Kaikai
    Pendlebury
    Thompson
    Obita

De Barr
    Mehmeti

Samuel

Basically just rotate as far as practically possible and get out of there without any injuries. And hopefully it's enough for the win.

• Probably Blooms (if fit) for Thompson?

• @Mandown said:
    Probably Blooms (if fit) for Thompson?

Maybe, just thinking Thompson needs all the minutes he can get and on balance that might be best.

• Tricky, I'd probably stick a fairly strong team out with the possibility of a big payday next round, but would be distraught if someone got injured and missed the Sunderland game.

• I hope it will be mainly squaddies for the reason you fear @HolmerBlue (if that makes sense).

• It does, to be honest your right. If we are going to have a big cup run let's choose the FA cup

• What are the rules around squad rotation? Do we have to keep a certain number of players from the same starting 11 as the previous game?

• @micra said:
    I hope it will be mainly squaddies for the reason you fear @HolmerBlue (if that makes sense).

Whacking in Squaddies Mr Micra, have you gone all Gareth Keenan on us ?
    Any excuse to use military terminology.

• I think I might have done @ChasHarps but, not knowing Gareth Keenan, I canny be sure.

• No chance Kashket gets a game?

• @micra said:
    I think I might have done @ChasHarps but, not knowing Gareth Keenan, I canny be sure.

Perhaps your having a bad day in 'The Office' ??

• Surely if Kashket can't get a game here then his days are numbered, especially with us supposedly looking for additional strikers to sign.

• Saw Kashket in the car park on Saturday chatting to what @Malone would call a couple of randoms but, despite emulating one of our recently departed goalkeepers by taking small paces, wasn’t within earshot (extremely close nowadays) long enough to hear what he was saying, much as I would have liked to. I was wearing slip-ons so couldn’t stop and pretend that my shoelace had come undone. His hair bleach was more subtle than I’d imagined.

The mystery continues.

• Time I marched at the double to the cookhouse. mrs micra already seated in the mess (nasty business) chanting “why are we waiting?” and striking the table vigorously with her fork. She has eschewed knives for some time now. Very uncivilised in my opinion.

• When the fork becomes a big spoon @micra it's a slippery slope towards fingers and eating out of a bargain bucket!

• In my book holding cutlery incorrectly is the beginning of the end. Indeed for several prospective suitors of our daughters it has been the end of the beginning, in fact the end full stop.

• I hold my fork in my right hand, because why wouldn’t you?

• Because it feels awkward @Chris ? Unless you’re using it, without a knife, as a shovel, American style of course.

I dislike the pen-holder grip on a knife. Not sure why unless it’s because we were brung up to keep the end in the palm of the hand. Perhaps we needed to in order to exert enough downward pressure to cut through the cheap cuts of meat.

• It doesn’t feel awkward to me, as that’s how I’ve always done it.

• With knife in left hand @Chris? Assume you’re left handed if that’s the case and of course it wouldn’t feel awkward. Off to meet some friends shortly that we’ve not seen for 18 months. Little do they know how closely their hands will be observed! Sadly, my mate who described Anderson and Broad as geriatric is not one of them!

• Knife in the left, fork in the right. Right handed.

• @Chris said:
    Knife in the left, fork in the right. Right handed.

It's the way I do it. Not left handed, though I used to be before it was beaten out of me in primary school.

• I might try a little experiment at lunch (at the Old Oak) probably getting more on my shirt than usual. Wonder if anyone will notice.

I’ve forgotten what thread this is but can I just say how impressed I was with TJ De Barr in his interview with Matt Cecil on Twitter.

• @Chris said:
    Knife in the left, fork in the right. Right handed.

Me too, and I’m very right handed I’ve only a slight problem on aircraft in the cheap seats and company Christmas meals

• @micra said:
    I might try a little experiment at lunch (at the Old Oak) probably getting more on my shirt than usual. Wonder if anyone will notice.

I’ve forgotten what thread this is but can I just say how impressed I was with TJ De Barr in his interview with Matt Cecil on Twitter.

That De Barr chap screams cult hero to me.

He reminds me more of little Chicarito than the Tevez comparisons the players have apparently mentioned.

The only downside is he might be the player to end Kashket's time here as he looks to provide similar pace but with a lot more hungry pressing and competitive work.

• edited August 2021

@micra said:
    Saw Kashket in the car park on Saturday chatting to what @Malone would call a couple of randoms but, despite emulating one of our recently departed goalkeepers by taking small paces, wasn’t within earshot (extremely close nowadays) long enough to hear what he was saying, much as I would have liked to. I was wearing slip-ons so couldn’t stop and pretend that my shoelace had come undone. His hair bleach was more subtle than I’d imagined.

The mystery continues.

Unfortunately it seems less a mystery and just that he's well down the pecking order.

It was already worrying for his chances that he wasn't getting in the 18 when we had 4 or 5 strong players out.

De Barr emerging is probably the final straw to him needing to go elsewhere, albeit on loan for now.

It'll be interesting how Gareth handles next Tuesday's big clash v Villa u21s or is it u23s, but anyway I digress.

Can we start both De Barr and Kashket for the most diminutive strike combo ever seen? Could we line up both alongside Bayo?
    Not sure.