Skip to content

Our House episode 2

The link to the latest episode of Our House just in case people haven't seen it.

Interesting chat with Pete Couhig, Joe Jacobson, Wigan highlights etc. Really well done and good to see it's getting so many views.

Comments

• The time and effort that goes into a 30-45 minute weekly show, which they get out in good time, is huge. The sheer amount of footage they have to cut down and edit is massive. Fair play to Matt, Ryan and the team. Glad it’s getting some love. We’re very lucky to have such an excellent media team.

• Excellent watch indeed. Clearly @glasshalfull has taken Alicia on one side to explain how it is done. (joke!!)

• @Wendoverman said:
    Excellent watch indeed. Clearly @glasshalfull has taken Alicia on one side to explain how it is done. (joke!!)

And a very good one too if I may say so @Wendoverman (in my most cringeworthy politician style voice.). My comment elsewhere last week about how easy on the ear Alicia is elicited “Christ” from @eric_plant and “@micra seems to have a crush” - highly likely at my age - from @Rolo.

• It's a fantastic watch, the Couhigs seem keener to communicate with the fanbase than the previous regime.

Pete and the coaching staff have clearly forged a great relationship.

Hats off to all concerned!

Alicia is doing a grand job and seems very relaxed, most impressive.

• I forgot to add my best wishes to Mr. Glass Half-Full for a speedy recovery.

• Thanks NiceCarrots and good to see you back in more positive mood.

• @NiceCarrots said:
    It's a fantastic watch, the Couhigs seem keener to communicate with the fanbase than the previous regime.

Indeed. I think if you are confident and quite clear in what you are doing...even if you know some people won't like it...you are happier engaging with the fans I think.

• @Watford_Blue said:

The link to the latest episode of Our House just in case people haven't seen it.

Interesting chat with Pete Couhig, Joe Jacobson, Wigan highlights etc. Really well done and good to see it's getting so many views.

It's speaks volumes of us as a club that we now deem ourselves to have a rivalry with Sunderland. Who would have thought that even 5 or 6 years ago?

• @thecatwwfc said:

@Watford_Blue said:

It's speaks volumes of us as a club that we now deem ourselves to have a rivalry with Sunderland. Who would have thought that even 5 or 6 years ago?

Not Sunderland

• There’s no rivalry with Sunderland

• @peterparrotface said:
    There’s no rivalry with Sunderland

When we went up there first time and the team walked wide eyed into the front reception of the Stadium of Light we were ‘little Wycombe’ (apologies Rob but we were). Their fans were friendly and welcoming on the bus in from the park and ride (free of charge and v efficient btw). Looking back they were patronising us, so just a tad less friendly on the bus back to the parking after the draw.
    Then at home Darius pointed out they were playing at our level at our place and yes by our rules. That did not go down well what with their sense of entitlement and the terrible realisation they were well and truly stuck in the third tier.
    In to ppg and our foray into The Championship, Josh S coming home etc etc and no doubt we will be winding them up (anyone for a rendition of Madness ‘Our House?) I anticipate the atmosphere on Saturday will be extremely hostile.
    Getting under their skin suggests to me that there is a rivalry. And acknowledgement we are longer little Wycombe. COYB’s.

• edited August 2021

The irony is that they consider us a bigger rival than we do them! They have us circled in their calendars, especially as a side with recent second tier experience (which they aspire to) whereas to us, they are simply something like the 7th longest occupant of League One...part of the furniture, if you will.

• edited August 2021

The most steamed up I can remember being at a game was against Westley's Stevenage.
    Seemingly every challenge was a foul. They were dirty, snide, had a clearly orchestrated time wasting regime, where someone went down with a fake injury midway through each half, and every single moment was a battle, and not in a good way.

That's what some of these other clubs must see us like. But although we're biased of course, I simply can't see anything of the sort in our play.