Skip to content

Fan Feedback

Comments

• Got to say for me most of the irritating issues from last time have been sorted.

Bus to and from station worked brilliantly. Was at the station not much more than 30 minutes after the game finished. Currently free but would be more than happy if they introduce a charge. Full on the way back but I think everyone who wanted caught it.

Well done to the club

(Now just need some decent beer…)

• The deafening tannoy had calmed down massively too.

• @bookertease said:
    Got to say for me most of the irritating issues from last time have been sorted.

Bus to and from station worked brilliantly. Was at the station not much more than 30 minutes after the game finished. Currently free but would be more than happy if they introduce a charge. Full on the way back but I think everyone who wanted caught it.

Well done to the club

(Now just need some decent beer…)

Normal bus back from hour glass also pretty empty. Btw that IPA is far better than you get in most stadiums, and probably quite a lot of pubs . Hopefully they'll get onto a second or third one at some point though.

• I know, I know. It’s just that we (the connoisseurs/sad old gits - delete as you see fit) were spoilt for a few years.

Its not on my list (now very short) of things the club have got ‘wrong’ in relation to the fan ‘experience’ as I accept that it isn’t a priority.

Was much more of a ‘village’ feel this week with better choices and all the better for it

• Much, much better today all round. Queues in the Vere and outside tent much more manageable

• Bus back to west Wycombe is a farce.Literally have 4 buses at West Wycombe prior to kick off to take fans and yet no sign of buses when match is finished.Its very much hit and miss where you are being picked up from.By the time a bus arrived all fans had left stadium and local car parks were empty and was past 5.30 before we got picked up.

• I saw one of the park and ride buses depart around 1705 from just outside the gates.

The station bus went at 17.15 from the end of Hillbottom Road and it may be better if the first park and ride bus did the same as I’m not sure the bus I walked past had reached the end of Hillbottom road when ours left

• edited August 2021

@Aylesburyblue said:
    Bus back to west Wycombe is a farce.Literally have 4 buses at West Wycombe prior to kick off to take fans and yet no sign of buses when match is finished.Its very much hit and miss where you are being picked up from.By the time a bus arrived all fans had left stadium and local car parks were empty and was past 5.30 before we got picked up.

The problem seems to be that they're counting on fans changing 2 sets of their behaviour

1) To use the park n ride to start with and
    2) That you're happy to hang about after the game until it comes back (maybe 30mins)

If 100 people come in on the doggy laps, then it looks to be a race to be in the first 30 to leave on the first one out.
    Anyone else automatically has to wait 30mins or more. That's where it falls down.

• @bookertease said:
    I saw one of the park and ride buses depart around 1705 from just outside the gates.

The station bus went at 17.15 from the end of Hillbottom Road and it may be better if the first park and ride bus did the same as I’m not sure the bus I walked past had reached the end of Hillbottom road when ours left

They quoted something about this in the spiel didn't they? Regarding going to the end of Hillbottom road?

Maybe that was just for the "in" journey.

But definitely something to spruce up next time.
    Otherwise you might as well just walk it. And if you're walking it, you might as well park nearer!

• Although queues were much better and it didn't take more than a few minutes to buy beer at the normal bar, sadly the Fetch App failed to work again in the Caledonian Suite.
    On Android - running 8.1.0 - both myself and nephew when just opening the App (downloaded again and restarted the phone) all locations show as open at 0:00 and give an error when clicking. Scanning the QR code on the table nearest the Fetch bar opened up the location "Honours Lounge" with no way to select an alternative.
    On iOS - same fault when scanning the QR code but just opening the App did allow to select Caledonian Suite and order a drink.
    Collection point is still labelled DRINK, but there is nowhere identifies as DRINK within the App to make a purchase.

If the club are serious about getting as many people as possible using the App then they do need to resolve these issues. Before anyone asks yes I reported these faults last time - both to staff on the day and later by email. I will be reporting the faults again next week.

I can accept that maybe a wrong QR code was put out in the Caledonian - but if they are area specific then its ESSENTIAL they don't get mixed and someone already needed to check them.
    If I'd actually ordered my beer and paid for it then presumably I would still be waiting now to receive my beer at the DRINK collection point in the Caledonian, when it would have been served at the collection point in the Honours Lounge.

Fundamentally I'm not convinced that the App is needed in the bar and, so far the only thing it's achieved is kicking out the Real Ale/Bottled beer table.

• People moaning about 'sweet Caroline' oh dear oh dear

• @HolmerBlue said:
    People moaning about 'sweet Caroline' oh dear oh dear

That version they played today seemed a particularly dull version.
    Unless that's the original!

• @bookertease said:
    I saw one of the park and ride buses depart around 1705 from just outside the gates.

Yes saw the station bus go past whilst we stood waiting.Really need to iron out the info that is being passed out

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    And can we please ban Sweet Caroline - from football stadiums in general.

At last! Someone else wants to see the back of that loathsome song. Why on earth would any football club want to blast that out?

• @NewburyWanderer said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

At last! Someone else wants to see the back of that loathsome song. Why on earth would any football club want to blast that out?

Apparently even Neil Diamond himself has had enough of it

• @Malone said:

@HolmerBlue said:
    People moaning about 'sweet Caroline' oh dear oh dear

That version they played today seemed a particularly dull version.
    Unless that's the original!

Any version of Sweet Caroline would be shockingly dull.
    Neil Diamond is a shockingly dull singer/songwriter.

• I think Sweet Caroline is catchy for what it is/was, but the issue for me is more originality. Would Sweet Caroline remind any fan of Wycombe over England, or the Boston Red Sox, or any of the multitude of other clubs who play it in every sport? There is this "look how zany we are!" vibe about it being played that is quite ironic considering it is just a musical bandwagon.

Here in the States, any sporting event you care to go to has almost exactly the same set list, musically. It always floors me that no-one wants to try and create something unique. Obviously I am biased towards something original, but I will give to PC and GA that they have thought through something with a theme, even if it is not everyone's cup of tea.

Taking my own bias out of it, imagine if they played the competition-winning 'One Wycombe' by Andy Rogers and family (lovely chap, by the way) at the same time either before/at half time/after each game? Fans who already know it and like it would instantly enjoy it, but even people who did not like it as much at first would come to warm to it, as it would become associated with each matchday, and pass into their subconscious as part of the whole experience of being a Wycombe fan, eventually gaining the glow of nostalgia. Not only that, but it would only be associated with Wycombe, unlike any adopted song from popular music, so it would be very specific to the club and the matchday experience (he says from Denver).

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@NewburyWanderer said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Apparently even Neil Diamond himself has had enough of it

Makes me cringe when played at Adams Park. Why would the club want to be so unoriginal? Find a song only we can sing.

• These things change don't they.
    I seem to remember the club being obsessed with playing Mr Blue Sky and The Mike and Mechanics "looking back" song.

• I obviously the see the logic in Mr. Blue Sky - but that songs is synonymous with Birmingham City!

• I'd like a return of the Liquidator by Harry J Allstars. Always remember that from Loakes Park, but only occasionally played at Adams Park.

I know it's become known as a Chelsea song, but a check on Wikipedia has Wycombe down among several clubs who lay claim to being the first to regularly play it. Certainly as a kid in the 80s I always thought of it as "our" tune, I was completely oblivious to it being played elsewhere.

• Mighty Wah, Story of the Blues should be belted out.
    Incredibly uplifting and relevant.

• @ChasHarps said:
    Mighty Wah, Story of the Blues should be belted out.
    Incredibly uplifting and relevant.

+1

• Part 1 or 2?

(But good call)

• Good call on Story of the Blues.

On the wider theme of this thread, it was really good yesterday to see all the revived facilities - away fans' village, Funky Elephant stall, programme hut, etc. Presumably that was always the plan, it just wasn't possible to get it in place for the Stanley game.

Well done, all.

• Yes @our_frank, I totally agree. Thank you and very well done to all!

• "Here in my pocket I've got the story of the blues,
    Try to believe me 'cos it could be front page news!"

Immense.

• @bookertease said:
    Part 1 or 2?

(But good call)

Part 1
    I saw Pete Wylie a few years back at the Town Hall. He mentioned the Story of the blues was about the little man fighting against the establishment, and referenced like Lawrie Sanchez teams team did in the famous FA Cup run.
    I'm pretty sure if this song was given a continued run, at Adam's Park it could become our Anthem.

• The Story of the Two Blues
    Can't see how anyone can't be uplifted by this great track.

• @ChasHarps said:
    The Story of the Two Blues
    Can't see how anyone can't be uplifted by this great track.

Certainly gets my vote. ?