Skip to content

Man of the Match - Lincoln

Difficult one this!

Poll not found

Comments

• I went JJ mainly because of a brilliant tackle midway through the second half. That and for managing to show enough leadership qualities that no-one gave the referee a (well deserved) clout.*

*not that I would ever advocate violence

• I went for Vokes but that was a hard decision following a great team performance from front to back. Hope Nick is okay.

• Not a single poor performance today but Scowen shone the brightest. He was absolutely outstanding

• Obita growing on me a lot. Best game in a Wycombe shirt?

• edited August 2021

@Shev said:
      Obita growing on me a lot. Best game in a Wycombe shirt?

Easily. And he had his right foot switched on today as well!

• Really hard and wanted to vote Scowen but JJs reading of the game was faultless. We are so lucky to have him.

• @Shev said:

Agreed. Really impressed me today and I think he's an awesome player to have.

• One of those games where everyone played well, so not surprised to see eight different players garnering votes so far. It sums it up that Grimmer, Stewart and Freeman did not put a foot wrong between them yet have no votes!

• Funnily enough - and I’m a huge fan of his - I thought that was one of Stewart’s lesser games. I thought he made 2 or 3 errors today which is far more than usual.

• Thought Scowen was superb today.

• McCleary for me.
      But JJ, Vokes and Scowen all with fine performances.

• Scowen by an absolute mile for me

• Quick word for their no.11...Scully was it?

Thought he was outstanding, by a million miles their best player and the source of all their threat

• I voted Scowen but Stockdale was outstanding.

• @thedieharder said:

@Shev said:

I also agree.... He seems to be geling within the team now and starting to show us why he was signed. He has been a slow burner, but initially had limited chances and game time.

• @eric_plant said:
      Quick word for their no.11...Scully was it?

Thought he was outstanding, by a million miles their best player and the source of all their threat

Yes. Scully did well last season for them, scoring 16 goals in all comps. Definitely a player to watch out for this season.

• Totally agree about Scully for Lincoln and Scowen for us. I was delighted also to see Nick Freeman getting another bite of the cherry and thought he had a very good first half. Couple of errors early in the second half but sorry to see him limping off after a ferocious tackle. Hope he makes a quick recovery.

• edited August 2021

Freeman can't catch a break. He gets a start, plays well, and will likely be out a while. That RWB position is basically the drummer from Spinal Tap.

• I didnt even see the tackle. Hope Nick recovers quickly. Can someone explain to me why the ref let Lincoln play on with Hopper down in the area but as soon as the attack broke down and we were off he blew?

• @Wendoverman that was the beginning of his implosion, inexplicable, from then on he was all over the place. New to EFL I believe, back to the Conference pronto me thinks.

• @perfidious_albion said:
      @Wendoverman that was the beginning of his implosion, inexplicable, from then on he was all over the place. New to EFL I believe, back to the Conference pronto me thinks.

You’ve hit the nail on the head there. By his logic, you could get a player to lay down on the floor in between the centre backs and goalkeeper every time you attack, and then when you lose the ball the other team can’t attack because the ref would then stop the game to see if he is ok! I’d be surprised if he isn’t pulled up on that this week following the lengthy treatment, stretcher coming on the pitch and player being removed (I think) at HT.

• Yeah, only his second season, so this was our 'introduction' to him.

• Indeed. Some of the cards were bizarre considering Josh got away with a few hard tackles.

• @thedieharder said:

@Shev said:

Same…I thought he played really well as wing back. Gaz’s challenge becomes, ‘who subs for Jordan at LWB and McCarthy at RWB?’ I thought Nick Freeman did really well at RWB today and showed some great touches, especially when attacking,

• Funny thing is, the fact the ref did not cost us any points already makes him seem better than roughly 76% of Championship referees!

• I understand that each club is required to score the ref’s performance. Many clubs pay lip service, in certain cases the kit man gives it 9 almost every game! (to keep the refs assoc sweet). Dobbo does ours and as you might expect is thorough in his considered response. I would expect “it’s a three from the Wycombe judge” this week.

• *should have said it’s scored out of 10!

• To be fair I think the referees have overall been much better than last year’s in the Championship.

• edited August 2021

@Lloyd2084 said:
      To be fair I think the referees have overall been much better than last year’s in the Championship.

Don't jinx it!

• @Shev Could we have a 'The ref' option on these polls in future?