Skip to content

Match day thread: Lincoln

Comments

• Oooo me shin!

• Two castaways on an island agree to give each other their right leg to eat. Suddenly the picture becomes way more creepy!

• One-legged man reading a book

• That’s either the best or worst badge, and I can’t decide which.

• It is the symbol of their city, but it does look incredibly silly on a football shirt.

• It’s nice to see a club badge that combines traditional symbols with a nod to the LGBTQ community. Top marks from me.

• A doodle on my school rough book for a death metal album I would release if I ever got round to learning guitar

• Having horns, really big ears and a big nose coming out of just your one head is just a bit greedy in my opinion

• It's never going to work as a totem pole, too unstable. Is it supposed to be on fire btw?

• Told you!

• Looks like you were right Eric, I should never have doubted you. Unfortunately there will be one less fan there today as I’ve tested positive for Covid and have to isolate. COYB (albeit from a safe distance!).

• Oh dear, hope you recover soon

• Still 385 terrace tickets available according to the tickets site. They must be confident of a continuing large surge, plus plenty of walk ups

• @glasshalffull said:
    Looks like you were right Eric, I should never have doubted you. Unfortunately there will be one less fan there today as I’ve tested positive for Covid and have to isolate. COYB (albeit from a safe distance!).

Get well soon!

• @glasshalffull said:
    Looks like you were right Eric, I should never have doubted you. Unfortunately there will be one less fan there today as I’ve tested positive for Covid and have to isolate. COYB (albeit from a safe distance!).

I hope you recover quickly @glasshalffull

I take it you’ve been jabbed?

• Thanks for the good wishes and I have been double jabbed and obediently followed all the rules since the pandemic began. I don’t feel too bad, symptoms like a heavy cold.

• @glasshalffull said:
    Thanks for the good wishes and I have been double jabbed and obediently followed all the rules since the pandemic began. I don’t feel too bad, symptoms like a heavy cold.

Get well soon

• Quick look back, we had 6,983 v Oxford in Aug 2010, so 7,000+ sounds an impressive sounding crowd.

• Remember it’s important to have a couple of days of full rest even if you don’t feel too bad Alan - I’m sure you’ll feel better soon! :-)

• @glasshalffull said:
    Thanks for the good wishes and I have been double jabbed and obediently followed all the rules since the pandemic began. I don’t feel too bad, symptoms like a heavy cold.

Hopefully that’ll be the worst of the symptoms @glasshalffull. That’s good news you’ve been double jabbed.

Have you an inkling of where you got it?

• I have no idea how I got it. Thanks again for your kind words and 3 points today would be the best medicine.

• edited August 2021

@glasshalffull said:

All the best Alan and get well soon. I hope it's just a glancing blow and doesn't affect you overall. COYB!

• @Malone said:
    Quick look back, we had 6,983 v Oxford in Aug 2010, so 7,000+ sounds an impressive sounding crowd.

I’d be astounded if we got over 7000. 5,500 home and 1,500 away would be very good for August.

• @Glenactico said:

@Malone said:
    Quick look back, we had 6,983 v Oxford in Aug 2010, so 7,000+ sounds an impressive sounding crowd.

I’d be astounded if we got over 7000. 5,500 home and 1,500 away would be very good for August.

They've either missed that crowd v Oxford from their reckoning, or it's going to surprise us all!
    I think I saw a 6,400 in there somewhere too, so even 6,500+ would be impressive though.

• Might have to take one off that tally; I'm currently lost in the woods.

• All the very best @glasshalffull. I’m glad you’re symptoms don’t sound too severe.