Skip to content

Debate / Attendance Prediction Game Four - Lincoln City (H) Sat 21st Aug

2»

Comments

• 5812 with 716 Imps.

• 5,301 including 660 Imps from nowhere near Gibraltar.

• Just listened to Neil from the club on the podcast say Imps bringing between 1,000 and 1,200!

• 5330 with 630 imps

• 5775 with 762 Imps.

• 5789 with 987 Imps

• 6,245 including 1,037 away

• 5600 with 700 away fans

• Wycombe twitter saying we’re on course for our biggest August home attendance since Leeds ‘09 - which was 8,400!

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    5,301 including 660 Imps from nowhere near Gibraltar.

Hopefully a former Red Imp from Gibraltar will get some minutes on the pitch!

• 6,654, with 1021 in the away end.

• 10 minutes from KO looks less inside the ground than the same time for Accrington!

• 5 minutes to KO our averaged results from 37 predictions:

Average for Total Crowd: 5714
    Average for Away Crowd 753

• 5,032 announced, we'll below what I'd expected and pretty disappointing really

• @DJWYC14 said:
    5,032 announced, we'll below what I'd expected and pretty disappointing really

I'm considered was more than that ! There were by far more people there today than the Accrington game

• @HolmerBlue said:

@DJWYC14 said:

I'm considered was more than that ! There were by far more people there today than the Accrington game

Convinced.... not considered !

• @HolmerBlue said:

@DJWYC14 said:

The terrace felt much less full than the Accy game

• Hmmmm ... Disappointed with that. Anyone know the official away attendance?

• 497 away, again quite a few less than I'd expected

• Really surprised it was that low. It’s concerning if we can only get 4500 home fans in.

• @eric_plant said:

@HolmerBlue said:

@DJWYC14 said:

The terrace felt much less full than the Accy game

I think that may be because it wasn’t raining today. For the Accrington game I think everyone squashed towards the back.

• Really odd how the club was talking up a big crowd and Neil Peters specifically said they were expecting 1,000 to 1,200 Lincoln fans. Why are they doing this? Massive error on the away end catering if they truly believed that number.

Still early holiday days to get too worked up about crowd sizes. To be honest the parking was bad enough today so my many more would cause a major problem.

• We all thought the attendance would be higher than it was, indeed our average prediction was out by 600+.

Congratulations to @Will_i_ams who was closest - excellent thinking - it is not often that anyone wins from an extreme position.

The top ten for this match:
    @Will_i_ams whose prediction of 5283 was out by 253
    @DevC whose prediction of 5293 was out by 263
    @Forest_Blue whose prediction of 5300 was out by 270
    @NewburyWanderer whose prediction of 5301 was out by 271
    @Commoner whose prediction of 5321 was out by 291
    @thedieharder whose prediction of 5324 was out by 294
    @a40 whose prediction of 5330 was out by 300
    @bookertease whose prediction of 5335 was out by 305
    @BSE whose prediction of 5402 was out by 372

Blue Average our prediction of 5714 was out by 684

• From block Q in the Frank Adams stand, the terrace looked every bit as busy as it was v Accrington and there were clearly considerably more in the away end. But we have no reason to doubt the official attendance figure announced towards the end of the game. I wonder why ours is the only one that isn’t shown after the referee’s name on the BBC website?

@railwaysteve - I may have misunderstood the way the figures in the predictions table are arrived at but (off the top of me head) I think you may have been overly generous to me. From memory, I must have been about 700 out yesterday.