Skip to content

Summer transfer thread

Comments

• @MorrisItal_ said:

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

@MorrisItal_ said:

@PJS said:
    Any chance this thread can return to the subject of its title.

It’s like herding cats on here

Favourite cheese anyone?

I do like a traditional blue Stilton definitely not one of these apricot abominations they try to foist on people.

Apricot Abominations' debut album was a cracker

• Not checked this thread today and thought I was in for a real treat with 31 new posts. Surely it must be some important news I'd missed?

I should have known better, you can't beat good old chedder.

• Stinking Bishop

• Oxford blue has recently come into my life. And it’s better for it

• Black bomber cheddar is rather splendid

• I’m a true plebeian. ASDA Extra Mature Cheddar is the Victor.

• I am going to overlook the fact no-one has mentioned Red Leicester yet.

• edited August 2021

@bigred87 said:
    Black bomber cheddar is rather splendid

Indeed…but surely Parmesan is the king of cheeses?

• @Forest_Blue said:

@bigred87 said:

Indeed…but surely Parmesan is the king of cheeses?

Not great in sandwiches.

• “Chamois d’Or” gets my vote

• Roquefort for me, or Munster with caraway seeds

• Mature cheddar... I'm a simple man

• I wonder if the Couhigs have got this catering thing wrong. A cheese and fruit platter at the concessions might be the way forward.

• Cheese and crisp, surely!

• Cheese, crisps, chips, real ale, and Bovril.

• edited August 2021

Pete said pies are coming back as well

• Jesus this message board is turning ridiculous, why are we talking about cheese? because we asked JJ as stupid question on which is his favourite cheese? can we get back to the original thread ? if people are so interested talking about cheese can you set up a separate thread?!!

• Fair point. It is starting to grate a bit.

• There's no transfers atm, so have to talk about something... and cheese is a good something to talk about when you have spare time

• Should cheese be discussed on a football forum -
    To Brie or not to Brie - that is the question.

• @Shev said:
    I am going to overlook the fact no-one has mentioned Red Leicester yet.

YES, WITH A SHEDLOAD OF PICKLE IN A SANDWICH

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Fair point. It is starting to grate a bit.

What a response I’m pmsl over here ?

• @bigred87 said:

I believe this is the definitive correct answer to the best cheese question, though Sainsbury's newish mature Cumbrian cheddar is also pretty splendid.

• Bovril cheesecake please

• @Wanderers82 said:
    Jesus this message board is turning ridiculous, why are we talking about cheese? because we asked JJ as stupid question on which is his favourite cheese? can we get back to the original thread ? if people are so interested talking about cheese can you set up a separate thread?!!

Ooh, approach Caerphilly, seems rather cheesed off.

• @Wanderers82 said:
    Jesus this message board is turning ridiculous, why are we talking about cheese? because we asked JJ as stupid question on which is his favourite cheese? can we get back to the original thread ? if people are so interested talking about cheese can you set up a separate thread?!!

I think the gasroom is a bit of a stream of consciousness, it can simultaneously discuss potential signings and preferences in cheese, crisps and beefy drinks. The best way to bring a thread back to topic is to add some new pertinent information.

• @Wanderers82 while we wait for new signing information to truckle in, we make cheese related small talk and puns.
    It's what we always do ...

• The discussion is very relevant to today's opposition as Lincoln is a Cathedral City ...

• @Twizz said:
    The discussion is very relevant to today's opposition as Lincoln is a Cathedral City ...

Boom boom!