Skip to content

Fan Feedback

Comments

• @MorrisItal_ said:
    Nothing personal Mr Jones but I couldn’t stand you and I thought the mime was pretentious rubbish. I’ve been holding that in for about 35 years I feel much better now

Glad to see you’ve thrown off those mental chains at last ?

• @arnos_grove said:

@MorrisItal_ said:
    Nothing personal Mr Jones but I couldn’t stand you and I thought the mime was pretentious rubbish. I’ve been holding that in for about 35 years I feel much better now

woo woowooooo

• @arnos_grove said:

@MorrisItal_ said:

I congratulate you I am amused

• Of course it was @arnos_grove. Well played sir.

• @drcongo only wish I’d made it bigger. Sadly not many HD images of Jed and his chains.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Pete talking about playlists for games. Let’s hope he doesn’t get into early Howard ‘one of our own’ Jones!

They should look to play a couple of fan-written Wycombe songs each game. If only we had some...

• Stay STRONG Shev, you never know!

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    Stay STRONG Shev, you never know!

Cheers @Lloyd2084. From PC's interview in 'Our House' it sounds as though the music program has been fine tuned between he and GA, so I am not sure there will be much of an opening for myself or others. It's nice to dream though!

• @Shev said:

@Lloyd2084 said:
    Stay STRONG Shev, you never know!

Cheers @Lloyd2084. From PC's interview in 'Our House' it sounds as though the music program has been fine tuned between he and GA, so I am not sure there will be much of an opening for myself or others. It's nice to dream though!

I’ll give it another go tomorrow, but I didn’t think the music buildup flowed enough / that well.

Welcome to the jungle sounds a bit shit at the ground tbh (all have our own opinions), too much high pitch in the vocals so it leaps out from the other songs. High pitch = more decibel’s hence why I think they struggled to gauge the volume, especially as the TV interview with Gaz etc was so basey.

Rock n roll can be acoustic and upbeat too, and I’d encourage them to think outside the box a little bit more. Enjoy the buildup to The Cult track, but don’t need more than about 60 seconds of it. All feels a bit like someone’s grabbed the iPod at a house party rather than working a crowd up to me. Words can be important too, the chorus lyrics in aquiesque by oasis are fairly appropriate to the club / fans right now and could be a good sing along but went with Wonderwall so no room for this I imagine. Or Rock n Roll Star. Not sure about the 10 minute song either, nobody needs that. Oh well, in from the pub and it’s late now!

• edited August 2021

If you could veto one artist from the playlist, who would it be? Oasis can absolutely get in the bin, for me.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    If you could veto one artist from the playlist, who would it be? Oasis can absolutely get in the bin, for me.

I’ll answer this one later! Like I said happy to give it another go today - can’t wait for the game this week

• Looking at the forecast, I wouldn't be rocking up until 2:59 anyway...

• Seemed more than a little self indulgent, can't imagine either Gaz or PC would have the time to be enjoying the tunes in the hour or two before kick off and didn't hear much reference to what supporters might want, the clubs that get this right tend to share round the choices, include some new and maybe away fan relevant tracks each week and like a good DJ be a bit more aware of what people like and amend accordingly

• I may be alone but I don't care what music they play at football matches.

• Turn the music off at 2.40, let the fans build the atmosphere.

• edited August 2021

Hear hear @floyd.

• And can we please ban Sweet Caroline - from football stadiums in general.

• It really is a non-topic. A bit like my lack of awareness of player chants (I know that that is probably more a topic for the Face Book group, which I also read). I have sat in the Woodlands / Frank Adams stand for a couple of decades and can honestly say that, other than 'the Beast' chants, I have never been able to hear and recall a single player's 'song'.

• @ReturnToSenda, so you'd really not have had the fans rendition after the victories over Germany and Denmark or in the build up to kick-off versus Italy?
    Very strange to say you don't want that kind of atmosphere generated but each to their own. By I'd argue that most of the England fans at those games would disagree with you.

• @Thicketblue said:
    It really is a non-topic. A bit like my lack of awareness of player chants (I know that that is probably more a topic for the Face Book group, which I also read). I have sat in the Woodlands / Frank Adams stand for a couple of decades and can honestly say that, other than 'the Beast' chants, I have never been able to hear and recall a single player's 'song'.

That may be the best argument for avoiding the FA stand I've ever heard.

• @Twizz said:
    @ReturnToSenda, so you'd really not have had the fans rendition after the victories over Germany and Denmark or in the build up to kick-off versus Italy?
    Very strange to say you don't want that kind of atmosphere generated but each to their own. By I'd argue that most of the England fans at those games would disagree with you.

I'd rather have had a rousing rendition of something relevant - like Three Lions!

• Sweet Caroline was an embarrassingly awful song when it was first released and it is even worse now. Group renditions of most songs regardless of the context almost always make them worse.

• Traffic flowing much better in now and warnings signs very clear that no pre booked parking available.

• German bratwurst clear upgrade on the crappy hot dogs, beer ordering in the Vere pretty easy, choice of queue at the big bar or order on the app and get it right away at the small bar. Easy enough to get in , although the thing I had downloaded was years so had to redo, WiFi works, tannoy fairly clear , some definite work has gone in since the Leicester game.

• Speakers in the FA sound like someone sharting fireworks.

• Third speaker from the left in the terrace is crackling like mad, bit brain frying.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Speakers in the FA sound like someone sharting fireworks.

You captured it in a way I couldn't

• One song in poor quality or something? Seemed ok until I posted that and again now.

No music on the tannoy after 245 would be something I'd pay extra for.

• Also looking forward to the roar when the first missed shot takes out the WiFi towers in the middle of the terrace. Interesting placement.