Summer transfer thread

Comments

• @StrongestTeam said:

@micra said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Samuel’s a keeper for me.

In before some "wag" says he won't get in over Stockdale.

If it's a short version of goalkeeper, you put an apostrophe before it ;)

Surely @samuel’s is a short version of goalkeeper. He has the missing apostrophe, anyway.

Yes, he's not really big enough to be a Goalkeeper

Laurie Sivell who played for Ipswich in the 70/80s was 5 feet 8, so Samuel would tower over him!

• See also: 5'7" Oscar Perez, who played - and played very well - for Mexico at the 2010 World Cup.

• @mooneyman said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@micra said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

Surely @samuel’s is a short version of goalkeeper. He has the missing apostrophe, anyway.

Laurie Sivell who played for Ipswich in the 70/80s was 5 feet 8, so Samuel would tower over him!

Maybe, but he is 70 now so probably not a fair fight.

• @mooneyman said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@micra said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

Perhaps Ipswich could only get hold of small keepers shirts in the 70's, as Paul Cooper wasn't much taller.

• Why is our chairman slagging off another club's signing on Twitter?

• Surely he has a burner account for this sort of thing!

• Suspect the Lavelle deal is well and truly off now !!

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Why is our chairman slagging off another club's signing on Twitter?

Swiftly deleted I see.

• edited August 2021

It was pretty funny, at least

• edited August 2021

Wish i'd seen these last posts before i had a tour of PeteC , RobC then Andrew Howard's twitters to see who you meant!

What did it say?

• @Malone said:
    Wish i'd seen these last posts before i had a tour of PeteC , RobC then Andrew Howard's twitters to see who you meant!

What did it say?

• edited August 2021

Didn't he accidentally leak the Fred signing as well? Maybe 'Chairman's Social Media Manager' is next on the club's recruitment list.

• Copying in the player too? How bizarre.

• I see Fred didn't make the squad for The Hatters on Tuesday, after being hauled off after 45 mins.
    Unsure whether he is injured or not !!

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Didn't he accidentally leak the Fred signing as well?

It's not leaking anything is it?
    We don't know who their captain is signing for yet do we? Just that it's probably not us.

• @ChasHarps said:
    I see Fred didn't make the squad for The Hatters on Tuesday, after being hauled off after 45 mins.
    Unsure whether he is injured or not !!

He's been absolutely brilliant for them so far, so it must be an injury.

• @Malone said:
    Copying in the player too? How bizarre.

I assume - hope - he meant it as a message and somehow didn't realise he was still in tweet mode.

• @Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Didn't he accidentally leak the Fred signing as well?

It's not leaking anything is it?
    We don't know who their captain is signing for yet do we? Just that it's probably not us.

Nah, was just thinking of another of his Twitter slip-ups!

• Actually, while it's funny on the one hand, this doesn't exactly reflect well on us. Let's hope we don't want to sign anyone else off Morecambe in the near future...

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Actually, while it's funny on the one hand, this doesn't exactly reflect well on us. Let's hope we don't want to sign anyone else off Morecambe in the near future...

It reflects pretty terribly and if Andrew Howard is indeed currently involved in protracted negotiations then I can only assume how happy he'll be when this screenshot is passed over the table.

• That's an appalling gaffe

• What a doofus...!

• It's one to add to the "would have been better if we'd never been promoted" and "subsidy" episodes. Very poor.

• Quite incredible. Surely he’s got to come out and apologise or make some statement that his account has been hacked. Doesn’t reflect well on the club. PR disaster.

• I think he's probably just accidentally tweeted what was meant to be a direct message, but he's had a mare.

• Just a thought. I wonder if the Morecambe chairman when we were in discussion about Lavelle made some derogatory comments about us and this is Rob’s not vey professional retort.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I think he's probably just accidentally tweeted what was meant to be a direct message, but he's had a mare.

I find it incredible how many pensioners are using social media and how little leeway youngsters give them when they make an inevitable slip up. He’s deleted it hasn’t he? Would be a shame if the more technically astute screenshotted it to show others.

• I found it pretty funny even if it doesn't put us in the greatest light. Obviously they've rattled us during negotiations

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    I think he's probably just accidentally tweeted what was meant to be a direct message, but he's had a mare.

I find it incredible how many pensioners are using social media and how little leeway youngsters give them when they make an inevitable slip up. He’s deleted it hasn’t he? Would be a shame if the more technically astute screenshotted it to show others.

He's not just some random pensioner though is he. He's the chairman of a professional football club, and part of that requires negotiating with other professional football clubs.

This is not just a personal gaffe, its' a professional gaffe and should be treated seriously.

If he can't use twitter properly in a professional capacity, he should probably get off it (at least under his own name).

• edited August 2021

Also harsh to assume that he's technologically inept. It's easy to make a mistake like that - but yeah, his position kind of necessitates a greater degree of care. Plus it will have been seen instantly in its live form, so a few screenshots are neither here nor there.