Skip to content

Fan Feedback

Congratulations to the club for listening and responding positively to bovrilgate and Sandy’s prog shack requests.
May I suggest further, constructive, suggestions here for collation, forwarding and consideration?

Poll not found

Comments

• More Rebellion choice/dispensing points/taps and threequarter pint pre-pour to help reduce queues and thus sell more beer! (a lesson from our rugby friends)
      Return of the Away Fans beer tent might also help.

• Just sort bar queues now and I'll be as happy as can be

• Some real ale!

• One of the things I have always loved about the match day set up in Germany is that the price of your ticket includes public transport within the town/city of the arena; if the club seriously wants to alleviate the issues with Hillbotom Road then offering free park & ride from places like the station, West Wycombe etc on production of a match day ticket will go a long way to doing that.

• I think that is a great idea @Erroll_Sims but I really don’t think our club will launch a free service.
      Not saying the Couhigs haven’t re-invested money into the club as they have.

• It’s not launching a free service, it’s collaborating with the local bus operators. Sadly I think this is a lot harder to do here than in Germany because Arriva are absolute shites.

• Ironically Arriva are owned by DB, a German company.

• As said Beer queues in the tent I didn’t go back for a second because of it and a wider choice and what about it beer and a burger deal where you pay for a pint and get a voucher for a burger at the tent at a discounted price

• Very pleased to see that they’ve brought the programme shack back. Well done to all involved.

The only other issue that I think we definitely need to address (easier said than done I appreciate) is the lack of a dedicated bus back to the station. If nothing else it makes us appear more accommodating to away supporters, but saying ‘walk, get a taxi, or find the bus station and catch a bus that goes vaguely in the direction of the ground and if you are lucky might go back in the other direction after the game’ isn’t really that helpful.

A decent choice of real ale is important to me personally, but the loss of the £400 or so that I now won’t spend at the ground over the course of the season is, as they say, small beer in the scheme of things and I accept that the club have other priorities.

• edited August 2021

@bookertease said:
      Very pleased to see that they’ve brought the programme shack back. Well done to all involved.

The only other issue that I think we definitely need to address (easier said than done I appreciate) is the lack of a dedicated bus back to the station. If nothing else it makes us appear more accommodating to away supporters, but saying ‘walk, get a taxi, or find the bus station and catch a bus that goes vaguely in the direction of the ground and if you are lucky might go back in the other direction after the game’ isn’t really that helpful.

A decent choice of real ale is important to me personally, but the loss of the £400 or so that I now won’t spend at the ground over the course of the season is, as they say, small beer in the scheme of things and I accept that the club have other priorities.

Big credit to the club on re-installing the programme hut. Such an easy win, but very quickly put back into place.
      Decent gig for a couple of retired/youngsters too. £30 for 3hours work and you'll only miss a min or 2 of the game. Not bad at all.

The bus has to be a priority, we've had it for the last 20+ years, and it was a strange oversight to see it drop out.

We might never get back to the glory days of the multi football special routes, but one from the town centre shouldn't be any sort of challenge.

• @AlanCecil This is absolutely excellent and huge plaudits are due. I am particularly pleased that there will be two return services, with one at 6 o’clock. That will allow me to hang around after the game and have a beer in the village. I will certainly take advantage of this.

• Great news.

• Good. News

• A bit of concrete that I can stand on with an elevated view of the pitch.

Nothing else required cheers

• The new bus from the station to the ground is great news and proof the club are listening. Let’s keep the positive suggestions coming.

• Great news re busses, hope they are well used so it is justified

• @peterparrotface said:
      A bit of concrete that I can stand on with an elevated view of the pitch.

Nothing else required cheers

Same, but can I have a piece of deep pile carpet on my bit of concrete please.

• edited August 2021

Pete's talking about catering here right now

• Funky Elephant is coming back

• Wonder if the club could advise the strip we will be wearing ahead of away games. They used to last season. Part of my pre- match ritual is to make sure I am suitably attired and I wasn’t at Wigan on Tuesday - just glad AS popped up with that late equaliser!

• Hats off to whoever is responsible for this.

• I’d like to get to know him better

• Pete talking about playlists for games. Let’s hope he doesn’t get into early Howard ‘one of our own’ Jones!

• The clip that Shows Matt Cecil and Phil Catchpole driving to Wigan, has a James album blaring out the stereo.
      You could play endless tunes from Tim Booth and his merry men's back catalogue to give Adam's Park that uplifting feel.
      Anyone who has never been to a James live concert, get yourself to one. It's an absolutely inspirational occasion.

• Hopefully the pies they are bringing back are the Tom Kerridge ones rather than Pukka

• I think I've heard the odd James track at Adams Park pre-match...or is that music just in my head?

• @drcongo said:

Hats off to whoever is responsible for this.

Thanks!

• Nothing personal Mr Jones but I couldn’t stand you and I thought the mime was pretentious rubbish. I’ve been holding that in for about 35 years I feel much better now

• Park and Ride from Handy Cross Hub please