Skip to content

Match Report - Aston Villa

Comments

• On a day when it's possibly mean, and unnecessary, to criticise players, Holloway was the only disappointment for me. Thought he could've been stronger than he was. It's just such a shame he's never been able to fully recover his playoff form yet.

• I thought he looked as good as ever in the second half, winning some great flick ons as well as looking dangerous with the ball.

• Thought he played well to. Think people expect miracles Bec of his size, when in fact he's young not as experienced as Hayes and Thomson and has a great future ahead. I for one how he stays at Wycombe to wTch him progress.

• Sorry sausage fingers but yes hope he stays and progresses. Your forgetting we played villa a strong team. So proud of the boys every one of them, Roll on the replay.

• I thought Holloway did pretty well too, chased down a few stray passes and out muscled the Villa defenders, managed to hold the ball up a bit too. Against a premier league side, not bad.

• I thought he did very well.

• I think he has something to learn about body language. At the end of the day he probably did as well as anybody else but he's just not big on chasing down lost causes and to the casual observer it can look as if he's not 100% committed. Given his apparent lack of stamina this may not be a bad thing but he just needs to do something to make it appear he would die for the cause even if he is really thinking about what he's going to have for tea.

• It's not because of his size that I think he should be winning every knock-on and bring things down, it's because I've seen him do it last season, and in very sparky flashes this year.

As I say, it's hard to criticise that performance, I just felt he was our only weak link.

• @prufrock_91 I agree with you. Holloway is not yet quite the player or not consistently the player he should be.

• I thought Holloway did fine yesterday. To see him at his best, we really need to get the ball to his feet more and have him running at defenders. He didn't get that opportunity yesterday, but he gave his all in my eyes and held the ball up well. I think it's his rather languid style that gives people the impression he's not trying his hardest.

• Totally agree Wycombe 85. We must not forget Holloway doesn't play regularly like most so his lack of fitness is a lot to do with it I think but he does the job well in my eyes. Let's hope we can get a reserve team going to keep the lads faintness levels up.

• I can see them swooning all over the pitch.

• @Bluebottle - I have my "doh" moments so it might be me but I'm frustratingly puzzled by your swooning comment. Have I missed a subtle allusion?

• @micra - you might like to re=read Scarlet's final sentence again.

• Bloody tiny iPhone characters! Cross now cos he stole what would normally be my thunder! Great stuff @Bluebottle.

• Tiny characters.

• edited January 2016

Now you don't want me to go on about the Seven Dwarves do you? Or Leon Knight?!

• Or Dean Whatsisface.

• Don't think he was tiny - winey perhaps. 'Twas Keates I had in mind. Good old Google.