Skip to content

iFollow issues

13»

Comments

• Yep, now have Phil on commentary.
    Glad to have got rid of the advert - with that, the scores and the ifollow logo it was obscuring about 25% of the screen.

• Terrible panic from 7.;30 to 7.44. Couldn’t remember password after such a long lay-off, went for ‘forgotten password’ but no email received. Tried third possible password but to no avail. Eventually remembered there should be a hyphen before the last two digits. Still nothing but, all of a sudden, my name came up top right, and I proceeded to ‘pay subscription’. Keyed in card details with trembling finger and got picture up showing players taking the knee. Phew.

• @micra said:
    Terrible panic from 7.;30 to 7.44. Couldn’t remember password after such a long lay-off, went for ‘forgotten password’ but no email received. Tried third possible password but to no avail. Eventually remembered there should be a hyphen before the last two digits. Still nothing but, all of a sudden, my name came up top right, and I proceeded to ‘pay subscription’. Keyed in card details with trembling finger and got picture up showing players taking the knee. Phew.

Does your browser not have an auto-saving of password option?

That or writing stuff down somewhere seem to be the only options these days. Unless you use the same pword across 50 or so sites :)

• @bluntphil was fabulous. "Running backwards like only referees can." Aaaaah, we missed you, Sir.

• The assistant referee running up the touchline like a suited gentleman running along the platform for the last train at Marylebone had me laughing out loud.

• @our_frank said:
    @bluntphil was fabulous. "Running backwards like only referees can." Aaaaah, we missed you, Sir.

In a profession full of cliches, @bluntphil is a font of originality, using having various phrases during a game which are both witty and new to one's ears.

• That or writing stuff down somewhere seem to be the only options these days. Unless you use the same pword across 50 or so sites

I simply can't help myself when someone gives advice like this, but these days we have password managers where you only need to remember one password to unlock the password manager, and then all your individual passwords can be unique 50 character random strings.

I've only ever used 1Password, but I'm planning to switch away because they're making some terrible decisions lately. The prime candidates for switching to are Enpass, Dashlane, LastPass and Nordpass. Others are available, and of course iOS / macOS have slightly ropey built-in password management, though it's supposedly getting much better in the next OS releases.

• @bluntphil is an excellent commentator. I would be interested to listen to one of his non-Wycombe commentaries sometime to see how much of his charm is down to the fact he knows/loves the club so much - I suspect he'll be just as engaging when a neutral though which bodes well for his career. Sam Avery is also pretty good - the rest of the 3CR lot leave a little to be desired (the one who does Stevenage sounds like the most depressing man in radio).

I will say that if Alicia is going to take on co-comms regularly it would be really helpful if @glasshalffull could do a service to the club by giving her a masterclass in technique. She is clearly a warm, intelligent person and her experience as a player is an asset in the role; but my advice, for what it's worth, is that she needs to have already prepared something to say in her mind when the commentator turns to her, rather than trying to think of an answer to the specific question in the split-second.

• Respectfully disagree. I think Alicia is great on co-comms.

• She's really good

Absolutely terrible post from Aloysius, as per

• With the obvious exception of Bill Turnball @glasshalffull I feel like Alicia is the only co-commentator able to ‘keep up,’ with Phil.

• Why do people offer advice on things they know nothing about? And would they do it to that person's face and not hiding behind a pseudonym on a forum?

• Alicia is an excellent co-commentator.

• I remember Alicia getting some stuck in her first game on co-comms - I think she was thrown in last minute. Since then, she’s come on leaps and bounds and is terrific alongside Phil.

• Yep, they're starting to feel like a good double act the way Phil and Bill did. Both know the other's rhythm.

• @eric_plant said:
    She's really good

Absolutely terrible post from Aloysius, as per

Totally agree. There was nothing in tonight's comms that suggested to.me that some bloke (even a highly esteemed one ?) needed to explain how it all works.

• I’d be happy just to listen to her reading the telephone directory. Beautifully modulated smiling voice.

• Seems like @micra has a crush

• @drcongo said:

That or writing stuff down somewhere seem to be the only options these days. Unless you use the same pword across 50 or so sites

I simply can't help myself when someone gives advice like this, but these days we have password managers where you only need to remember one password to unlock the password manager, and then all your individual passwords can be unique 50 character random strings.

I've only ever used 1Password, but I'm planning to switch away because they're making some terrible decisions lately. The prime candidates for switching to are Enpass, Dashlane, LastPass and Nordpass. Others are available, and of course iOS / macOS have slightly ropey built-in password management, though it's supposedly getting much better in the next OS releases.

Yes, I was about to chip in here too. Please don't write passwords down or use the same one for everything. That's just asking for trouble!

I used Lastpass for many years until they changed their business model meaning that to use it on two different types of devices (PC and Android) I'd have to start paying. I had a quick look around and discovered Bitwarden. Free, easy to migrate to and superior to LastPass so far...

• @micra said:
    I’d be happy just to listen to her reading the telephone directory. Beautifully modulated smiling voice.

Christ.....

• @Rolo said:

@drcongo said:

That or writing stuff down somewhere seem to be the only options these days. Unless you use the same pword across 50 or so sites

Yes, I was about to chip in here too. Please don't write passwords down or use the same one for everything. That's just asking for trouble!

I used Lastpass for many years until they changed their business model meaning that to use it on two different types of devices (PC and Android) I'd have to start paying. I had a quick look around and discovered Bitwarden. Free, easy to migrate to and superior to LastPass so far...

I use Dashlane. Have done ever since the Fitbit data jack and discovering my email and an oft used password were available for the world to help themselves to my life. It’s all 12 plus random characters for me now. Drives Her Indoors mad that she has to log in to dashlane and can’t use the dog’s name for Facebook any more ?

• @Manboobs said:

@Rolo said:

@drcongo said:

I use Dashlane. Have done ever since the Fitbit data jack and discovering my email and an oft used password were available for the world to help themselves to my life. It’s all 12 plus random characters for me now. Drives Her Indoors mad that she has to log in to dashlane and can’t use the dog’s name for Facebook any more ?

Or was it MyFitnessPal that had 25 million emails and passwords exposed and dumped online? No matter, it will be someone else soon enough

• Having listened to the BBC Berkshire comms team last season, Phil is a class above. Easily as good as most national radio commentators. Thought Alicia was excellent last night too - both of them with a degree of levity you rarely hear from football commentators.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Why do people offer advice on things they know nothing about? And would they do it to that person's face and not hiding behind a pseudonym on a forum?

Is it your first day on a forum?!

• @eric_plant said:

@micra said:
    I’d be happy just to listen to her reading the telephone directory. Beautifully modulated smiling voice.

Christ.....

No need to bring him into it.