Skip to content

Funniest chants

Just saw this and it got me thinking. We must have had some pretty inspired ones down the years? Whether for Wycombe players or not...

Comments

• I always think "can we play you every week" is the best put down ever

• Not sure if you'd describe this as a football chant or not, but I shall never forget a spontaneous rendition from the Woodlands of "Who do you think you are kidding, Mr Hitler" in response to a dubious decision given by a Captain Mainwaring look-a-like referee! Quite a few years ago now, and cannot remember who we were playing, or the final score.

• My favourite was everyone bursting into Frankie Goes to Hollywood when Brett Huxtable kept telling players to 'RELAX!'. Solihull Moors away in the Cup - when Beany almost scored.

• I enjoyed “we’ve got a garden, you ain’t” as a response to some Millwall chanting a long time ago.

• "Wycombe's a sh#thole I wanna move out" on Saturday was good.....

• ‘It’s back to school on Monday’ was always always a good response to a youthful opposition ‘firm’.

• When Gaz was player manager “how s#*t must you be our manager scored” always made me chuckle

• A few years ago now, though the Valley End singing to the PNL's James Constable "That's why you're Constable" with the emphasis being put heavily on the first syllable of his surname. It caused much mirth and hilarity at the time at least.

• I hear that Penders new Earth Wind and Fire chant is pretty good, as is Vokes gets in your eyes. Strong start to the season

• Only Pendlebury chant I heard was 'Give It Up', so glad to hear there's a better one!

• Absolutely shameful that we haven't come up with a version of Arrested Development's Mr Wendal yet

We must do better

• “ We’ll f@*king swear if we want to…” from the terrace in response to Beek’s swearing ban back in the 90s.

• @Gordon_Ottershaw said:
    “ We’ll f@*king swear if we want to…” from the terrace in response to Beek’s swearing ban back in the 90s.

Oh I've heard about this. Brilliant.

• The olden days, eh?

• Back when we had two Australians, Frank Talia and Jamie Young, as goalies (2006/7 I think) Frank severed/injured a toe while mowing his lawn, allowing Young to take his place between the sticks with Frank on the bench there was a rendition of "We've got a ten toed Aussie standing in the goal, a ten toed Aussie standing in the goal, and if the ten toed Aussie should accidentally fall, we'l have a nine toed Aussie standing in the goal."

Proverbial hats off to whoever started that one up.

• Good old Flymo Frank

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Back when we had two Australians, Frank Talia and Jamie Young, as goalies (2006/7 I think) Frank severed/injured a toe while mowing his lawn, allowing Young to take his place between the sticks with Frank on the bench there was a rendition of "We've got a ten toed Aussie standing in the goal, a ten toed Aussie standing in the goal, and if the ten toed Aussie should accidentally fall, we'l have a nine toed Aussie standing in the goal."

Proverbial hats off to whoever started that one up.

That's amazing.

• Used to quite like "we're the famous Wycombe Wanderers and our swans will break your arms"

At least it was original

• I'm a big fan of that Sam Rap, meself.

Wham! Bam!
    Sam is
    The Man.
    Header or lob
    Scoring is his job.

Do you
    Enjoy what we do?
    If not, just scram!
    To the three-sided Kassam!

• @eric_plant said:
    Used to quite like "we're the famous Wycombe Wanderers and our swans will break your arms"

At least it was original

Agreed. It had passed me by that it had fallen away. Shame.

• Marcello trotta's... He comes from Italy! He has a big willy!

• @eric_plant said:
    Used to quite like "we're the famous Wycombe Wanderers and our swans will break your arms"

At least it was original

We need to get that one going again

• edited August 2021

Disappointed to learn that swans breaking your arm is apparently a load of bollocks, but that does sound like a quality chant.

• @Alexo said:
    Marcello trotta's... He comes from Italy! He has a big willy!

The most embarrassing chant of all time. Horrific

• "Who need's Mourinho we've got Mousinho"...was a low point.

• Playing Grimsby during the fishing quota issues, think it was 2001 "your not fishing anymore"......

• I always liked the irony in Max Kretzschmar’s song.

• @eric_plant said:

@Alexo said:
    Marcello trotta's... He comes from Italy! He has a big willy!

The most embarrassing chant of all time. Horrific

I'll raise you a "New FIFA ruling, new FIFA ruling"

And of course

"Treatment off the pitch, treatment treatment off the pitch"

• Not a chant, but a memorable event from our glorious past.

Back in the heady days at Loakes park, we were playing Slough, I think it was a cold Tuesday night. On this occasion, we were giving them a bit of a tonking and the home crowd were loving it.

After the third goal, us locals were giving the big one and making lost of noise. As the roar subsided, a solitary voice from the back of the cow shed could be heard reciting the John Betjeman poem

"Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough, it isn't fit for humans now."

So appropriate at the time.