Skip to content

England v India

Tense viewing as England openers try to survive the Indian bowling onslaught.
“Bumble” announced a few minutes ago that the weather looked promising as there was only high cloud. I’ve just spotted a developing cumulonimbus - cloud base about 2,500 ft !

If ever rain would be welcome, now is the time !

Comments

• Afraid I wasn’t given the option of specifying ‘not football’.

• Cloud is a long way from Trent Bridge. Hang onto your hat Mr Micra, Sibley won’t last long. He is not a test batsman.

• Are you there?

• The cloud I saw was within a couple of miles of Trent Bridge.

• Extras top scoring after five overs.

• @micra said:
    I’ve just spotted a developing cumulonimbus

Will it be one of the vehicles in the Wycombe Park and Ride system?

• @micra said:
    Extras top scoring after five overs.

Sundries surely?

• It certainly does @floyd but apparently not quickly enough to resume England’s sparkling innings. Having said that, I actually enjoyed watching two batsmen playing like Test openers.

When a cumulonimbus cloud (not the one I’d observed earlier) brought the day’s proceedings to a premature end, Sky switched to some multi-coloured nonsense where they don’t even have overs and the screen scoreboard graphics are virtually indecipherable. @EddieMonsoon must be incandescent.

• I’m there tomorrow, fingers crossed as forecast looks horrible! Intriguing days play ahead.
    Openers done well this evening and I think young Master Lawrence is going to show his credentials tomorrow l!

• Engrossing.

• Been watching all morning (perfect Sunday morning) a couple of quick wickets after lunch and it's our game I reckon

• Fingers crossed (but not in the slips).

• @micra said:
    Afraid I wasn’t given the option of specifying ‘not football’.

If you are in "all categories" when you create a new post it'll ask you for a category, if you are in "football" or non-football" it'll post in that section.

• From engrossing to frustrating unfortunately. I’ve been fast forwarding for about ten minutes, focussing on the bottom left corner for that wretched 3 to change. Have to admire the stubbornness of the Indian batsmen as well as the superhuman efforts of James Anderson, described by a mate of mine earlier this summer as geriatric.

• 66 runs from 40 overs. Test cricket, eh?

• Engrossingly attritional. What a mouthwatering final day in prospect.

• Think I’ll indulge my masochistic streak for a few minutes and watch England’s attritional efforts!

• The hour before lunch was classic England!

• I gather they lost the plot, with weird field placings early on, ignoring the basics and overdoing the short balls at Bumrah in retaliation for his bombardment of James Anderson yesterday.

• It was a very strange passage of play.

A few more balls aimed at the stumps would have been a better bet.

• @micra "Ignoring the basics" - Exactly that!!

And they allowed their frustration to spill over into some ugly sledging from Butler and others, forcing the umpire to intervene on a couple of occasions.

No team overthinks situations quite like England.

• I fear this one will just peter out as a draw like it did against New Zealand in a similar situation. Perhaps I should say I hope it will!

• 4.75 an over is a lot to ask.

• The Ruth Strauss Foundation VT gets me every single time. Heartbreaking to watch, but what a wonderful charity.

Just announced that over £1 million has been raised during this test which is absolutely fantastic.

• Didn’t realise that amount was raised during this Test alone. Remarkable.

• Root out. Game over.

• Absolutely @eric_plant, and I couldn't agree more with what an incredible charity it is.

As for the cricket... oh dear oh dear.

• Any chance of rain @micra?

• No rain and we lost. But, wow, what a comeback today. Just in time to run the rule over our opponents in the Carabao Cup on my birthday! 2-0 up after 20 minutes. They’ll be tough opposition.

• Fantastic this morning, what a find Ollie Robinson is ! I can't imagine him out of the team now