Skip to content

Wycombe Wanderers live on TV over the years

Hi folks,

I'm an Ipswich fan and am researching football on TV historically for a website I'm working on.

I am wondering how many times Wycombe have had matches shown live on TV over the years, and specifically - which ones they were. If such a list does already exist somewhere on the interweb then please do let me know - but if it doesn't, it would be great if everyone could chip in to help create such a thing.

I thought now would be a good time to pose the question given that Wycombe had a game live on the box today.

To give you an idea of what I'm setting out to achieve, here's what I've come up with for Ipswich - http://ipswich.myclubontv.co.uk

This is all working towards a bigger and better website but I am happy to set up one of these pages for Wycombe in the short-term if enough people are interested.

To kick things off, here is what I've got so far for Wycombe (not a lot!), so any additions will be gratefully received:

1997-98

Brentford (A) D 1-1 - Division Two - Sky Sports 2

2014-15

Burton (H) L 1-3 - League Two - Sky Sports 1 / Sky Sports 1 HD
Luton (A) W 2-3 - League Two - Sky Sports 1 / Sky Sports 1 HD
Plymouth (A) W 2-3 - League Two Play-Off Semi-Final, 1st Leg - Sky Sports 1 / Sky Sports 1 HD
Plymouth (H) W 2-1 - League Two Play-Off Semi-Final, 2nd Leg - Sky Sports 2 / Sky Sports 2 HD
Southend (N) D 1-1 (lost on pens) - League Two Play-Off Final - Sky Sports 1 / Sky Sports 1 HD

2015-16

Aston Villa (H) D 1-1 FA Cup - BT Sport 2 / BT Sport 2 HD

Many thanks!

Comments

• Gillingham (A) W0-1-League 2-Sky sports 1

• Not sure how accurate you need your list to be but if you could remove from history or live TV record against Huddersfield it would be good.

• Was the Stockport playoff d semi finals. Not also on? Also wycombe v Chelsea In carling cup

• Win 3-1 v Oxford at home one year, if someone can do the honours with the year....Vinnicombe saved pen and Brown scoring the retaken one in the last knockings

• Liverpool semi final, also luton away sam parkin grabbed the winner not sure what year though

• Wimbledon in the cup on Setanta. 4-1 right?

• edited January 2016

2x6-0 defeats aside wasn't there also a Huddersfield away on a Thursday night, mad kick off 6.30ish, on that fated "On Digital" channel? 2-1 defeat, someone got knocked out, I think?

• Hayes away 4-3 win, 2001/02? FA cup 1st round.

• Vs Cheltenham play off semis 05/06

• Vs Layton orient at home 28-12-05 I think

Won 4-2?

• try [email protected] he has an awesome archive.
    Not sure if this has already been added but Middlesbrough FA Cup 70s

• FA cup 2nd round + replay v West Brom in 1992 both live on Sky

Also, a conference game against Kidderminster was moved to a Friday night and broadcast on some obscure satellite channel whose name I've forgotten. Same season as the West Brom match and we lost

• Gillingham in the FA Cup in 1995 (1-1 from memory - watched it in a bar in the Canary Islands). Pretty sure the replay was on Sky too.

• The Middlesborough games were not live on TV. The home game was the featured match on ITV's Sunday afternoon highlights show. I remember watching the 1957 Amateur Cup final v Bishop Auckland live on TV

• Away at Sheffield Wednesday on a Friday night 04/05 ish??!

• 03/04 Ian simpemba scored right at the start and got injured - had to be carried off

Think it ended 1-1

• I remember the West Brom replay. We took 4500 up there on a Tuesday night. I travelled on a double decker bus from the old bus station. There were car horns blaring all the way up the M40 that night, the normal midweek commuters must have wondered what the hell was going on!

• If I remember correctly the second half of the amateur cup final in 1957 was shown on the bbc

• @Wycombe85 I was also on that bus! Double decker Wycombe bus all the way to Birmingham and back. Got home so late

• Yeah, certainly wasn't the quickest way to travel, or the most comfortable, but what a night, even in defeat. Just found some footage of both ties, bit dodgy, but some great terrace scenes.

• Monday 1st September home vs Sheffield Wednesday again.03/04 I seem to remember Onuora playing very badly.

• Does the London gives count??

• Home game with Shrewsbury, some time ago, 2009 I think. 1-1 and we scored a memorable goal tho I can't actually remember who scored it

• @Doob Gary Holt I think

• Our FA cup game against Barnet last season was televised on the red button on the bbc.

• I just checked and we actually won that Kidderminster game. Weird, I could have sworn we'd lost it.

Does anyone remember the name of the channel it was on? It was very obscure and no-one knew anyone that has it

• edited January 2016

17/12/96 beat Barnet 3-2 at AP in a F.A Cup 2nd round replay. Was on SKY.