Skip to content

Attendance Prediction Game Two - Cheltenham Town (A) Sat 14th Aug

13»

Comments

• 3456 including 789 from Wycombe

• 3,685 including 753 Wanderers

• 3,926 with 731 mighty Wycombe-folk

• 4,018 with 748 Chairfolk- keep up @railwaysteve !!

• 3200 home fans, 250 away.

• 3,936 with 696 away

• @davebevan said:
    3200 home fans, 250 away.

Worth a reconsider? The club have said we have sold out our initial 715 allocation with 300 more available at the ground on the day. Here to help!

• edited August 2021

@perfidious_albion said:

@davebevan said:
    3200 home fans, 250 away.

Worth a reconsider? The club have said we have sold out our initial 715 allocation with 300 more available at the ground on the day. Here to help!

'Tis true @davebevan you can reconsider, It seemed sensible to introduce a rule, in the season before last, after a couple of occasions when there were sell outs. The rule is that a prediction could be revised but only by changing opposition fans into Wycombe fans. That appealed to my sense of humour. The total for the attendance has to remain unaltered. So long as your total attendance adds up to 3450 you could alter your prediction to any number of Wycombe fans. Our Club said we had sold 716 (I believe late on Thursday): https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2021/august/ticket-details-cheltenham-a-1408/.

@perfidious_albion said:
    3,712 with 497 Chairfolk

@perfidious_albion - This quote is from Aug 11th. I really hope this doesn't spoil the competition for you, I will treat your current entry as 3712 with 748 chairfolk and commend your progressive conversion of the poor deluded folk to the west of Oxford.

It is more difficult to gauge attendances this season - it does look as though other clubs had first game increases which we get didn't have against Accrington. Others have given possible reasons for this, I speculate that the Leicester game with the fireworks, top opposition was our 'bounce back' game and the problems reaching the game put some off for the Accrington game.

Anyway there will be a special mention this game for anyone who predicted early and got even close to the total attendance. If I was revising I think I would go close to the first forecast by @perfidious_albion.

• Thanks to all those who have put me on the road to giving a more accurate crowd total. Will reconsider my current prediction.

• Revised Prediction - 4100 with 820 Chairboys

• At the risk of shooting myself in the foot @railwaysteve maybe limit to one revision following original prediction?

• edited August 2021

I have 39 predictions - just missing @PJS from last week - Deadline is 1 hour before KO, so in just over 5 mins time.

These are the average predictions:
    Average for Total Crowd: 3739
    Average for Away Crowd 714

Best wishes to those who are already in Cheltenham. Be Ye of good voice, I am sorry I can't be there.

Safe journeys (and timely) to those who have still to arrive.

• Oops sorry new to this game and thought it was home games only! Been out running COVID vaccination clinic this morning and just catching up on postings! Will be back for Wigan away if that’s ok?

• @PJS said:
    Oops sorry new to this game and thought it was home games only! Been out running COVID vaccination clinic this morning and just catching up on postings! Will be back for Wigan away if that’s ok?

Of course that is ok, but just this once and if you solemnly swear you are not at the ground then a prediction for today will count within the next 5 mins.

• No I am sat at home in Stockport! My prediction 4207 with 688 Wanderers and thanks!

• Sitting, according to my Lancashire friends!

• If not already, I’ll wager the sun will soon come out in Cheltenham.

• No sun here in Greater Manchester - can’t see the hills must be raining

• @railwaysteve , 3,860 came up on the board at the ground.

• Thanks @micra for the reference. The BBC had the right sort of idea a week ago.

• edited August 2021

Thanks @BSE and congratulations for being pretty close

The spreadsheet was been working flat out and I have the top ten predictions for today -

@Commoner whose prediction of 3871 was out by 11
    @BSE whose prediction of 3887 was out by 27
    @Will_i_ams whose prediction of 3895 was out by 35
    @eric_plant whose prediction of 3926 was out by 66
    @floyd whose prediction of 3926 was out by 66
    @our_frank whose prediction of 3790 was out by 70
    @ryan_w_kirby whose prediction of 3936 was out by 76
    @a40 whose prediction of 3950 was out by 90
    @MindlessDrugHoover whose prediction of 4002 was out by 142

Blue Average our prediction of 3751 was out by 109

Many congratulations to this week's winner @Commoner who was very nearly within single figures.
    Congratulations also to @Will_i_ams, the third forecaster within fifty of the actual attendance and a special mention for being the first person to predict who was within a hundred of the attendance.

Good work all round - 9 soothsayers within 100 and all of those beating the average which was 109 too low.

No data on the away attendance. Congratulations also due to all those. You sussed the 'Top of the League' before the commentary team

An update on standings in the season long competition once that spreadsheet has been activated.

• We need to know whether @OakwoodExile made it before we make a call on the away number.

• @floyd said:
    We need to know whether @OakwoodExile made it before we make a call on the away number.

I couldn't pick him out on the tweet with a clip of the end of game celebrations.

• In the club report of the match it says there was nearly 1,000 Wycombe fans.

• @railwaysteve Yes I made it thanks -with about 10 minutes to spare. Shared a taxi with @thedieharder and his dad.

• 838 Wycombe fans according to Cheltenham’s twitter.

• Thanks @JohnBoy -

Then here are the top ten for the very fine away crowd:

@PrinceofCrowell whose prediction of 847 was out by 9
    @SmiroludyBlue whose prediction of 827 was out by 11
    @ForeverBlue whose prediction of 854 was out by 16
    @username123 whose prediction of 820 was out by 18
    @twizz whose prediction of 859 was out by 21
    @DJWYC whose prediction of 816 was out by 22
    @Alexo whose prediction of 864 was out by 26
    @JohnBoy whose prediction of 874 was out by 36
    @Forest_Blue whose prediction of 800 was out by 38

Congratulations to @PrinceOfCrowell, most accurate of an accurate bunch.