Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• Uche was on a yelllow, following a clash of Timothy Ream’s head against his elbow in the 36th minute as he challenged the US center back (sic) for the ball. He looked the usual ‘real handful’ at times.

• Some great saves from Matty Ingram on his return to the Championship yesterday.

• Sounds like Alex Pattison has started well at Harrogate

• I quite liked Pattison. Not sure he was up to L1 when we got him but I reckon he'll do alright once he finds himself a spot in a team.

• Harrogate have had the next three games cancelled due to positive Covid cases in the sqaud.

• I noticed that too. I suppose that means Wheeler is out because he's been 'pinged,' rather than because of a positive test.

• Great to hear that Alex Pattison is starting to realise his potential. He may not have been quite up to League 1 when we got him @Wendoverman but, if you saw him against Bournemouth at Dean Court, I think you’d agree he was very impressive.

• @micra said:
    Great to hear that Alex Pattison is starting to realise his potential. He may not have been quite up to League 1 when we got him @Wendoverman but, if you saw him against Bournemouth at Dean Court, I think you’d agree he was very impressive.

Was that the two footed challenge and sending off @micra? :smiley:

• Impetuousness of youth giving his all for the gaffer. Probably yellow until Begović led a siege of Bournemouth players around the referee.

• edited August 2021

Yes, a very impressive massively dangerous two footed sprint in lunge that left us with ten for ages.
    :)

• @floyd said:
    I noticed that too. I suppose that means Wheeler is out because he's been 'pinged,' rather than because of a positive test.

I think he said he has tested positive in the build up to Saturday

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

@floyd said:
    I noticed that too. I suppose that means Wheeler is out because he's been 'pinged,' rather than because of a positive test.

I think he said he has tested positive in the build up to Saturday

A tweet this afternoon:

• edited August 2021

Without being too pedantic..how is he watching it if isolating?

• Allsop starting for Wayne Rooney’s Derby™️

Ravel Morrison also playing the first of the handful of games he will play before it falls apart there too.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Allsop starting for Wayne Rooney’s Derby™️

Ravel Morrison also playing the first of the handful of games he will play before it falls apart there too.

Had a shocker to concede their second, a speculative effort from 25 yards that he completely misjudged.

• @JohnBoy said:

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Allsop starting for Wayne Rooney’s Derby™️

Had a shocker to concede their second, a speculative effort from 25 yards that he completely misjudged.

Ahh bugger. I think we all wanted good things for him and derby can’t have been an easy choice. Unless it was the lure of playing for one of the most talented young coaches in the game.

• Admiral Muskwe has scored in his first start for Luton.

• Ryan Allsop saved a penalty to put Derby through in the shootout. @eric_plant is stunned.

• That is a surprise. Well done to him

• Bet he didn’t score one.

• Cameron Yates signs for Dundalk

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Cameron Yates signs for Dundalk

mrs micra’s home town. She was actually born and bred on a farm at Hackballscross but we tend to keep quiet about that. When I used to phone her in the ‘sixties you had to go through the operator. I was asked “hack what cross?” on more than one occasion. It was such a giggle in those days. Really shocking.

• Pretty sure that was Marcus Bean in the crowd there at Brentford, good luck to them tonight.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Pretty sure that was Marcus Bean in the crowd there at Brentford, good luck to them tonight.

It was a great result and very well deserved. The Brentford supporters were pure class when Saka came on.

• @ValleyWanderer said:

@StrongestTeam said:
    Pretty sure that was Marcus Bean in the crowd there at Brentford, good luck to them tonight.

It was a great result and very well deserved. The Brentford supporters were pure class when Saka came on.

Proper game, proper fans, also highlighted the folly of thinking you can just turn up at these places and not bother with practicing set pieces or if some of your best players can't be arsed.

Darius and Afcw get their equivalent today back at Plough Lane with fans, not everyone's favourite set of fans but recently but always above the clowns from plastic sheep land.

• Uche scores for Boro against Bristol City.

• Ikpeazu scores his first Middlesbrough goal.

• Delighted for him

• Uche assist, 2-1.

• Tough start for Curtis Anderson at Eastbourne. Had a man sent off early and lost 5-0 at home against Hampton and Richmond.